Altadena is a census-designated place and an unincorporated area in Los Angeles County, California, approximately 14 miles (23 km) from the downtown Los Angeles Civic Center. It is located at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains and has a population of around 42,000 people. Altadena has a Mediterranean climate characterized by mild temperatures throughout the year, with cool winters and warm to hot summers.
The city of Altadena offers a variety of production spaces ideal for hosting different types of events. The city’s proximity to Los Angeles gives it an advantage over other nearby towns due to its easy access to cutting-edge technology, major talent resources, and various production equipment. It also has excellent freeway access, making it more convenient for those visiting from out of town or out of state. Additionally, Altadena’s relatively small size makes it easier for production crews to find their way around without difficulty.
Production Options in Altadena
You'll want to find a makeup artist who can achieve the look that the production requires. A makeup artist experienced in film and TV work will be able to enhance your natural beauty and bring out your best features. Luckily, there are many talented specialists in Altadena to help you look and feel great on camera.
The videographer is responsible for capturing the images and video footage of the event. They must be skilled in setting up and operating cameras, as well as editing the footage afterward. Being near Hollywood gives you access to only the best videographers in Altadena who are experts in their field.
Lighting plays a vital role in production spaces, helping to create the right atmosphere for your event. Various lighting vendors in Altadena can provide everything from stage lights to disco balls, so you can find an absolute way to light up your event.
Production Vendors in Altadena
- Angela Tam Team
Angela Tam Team is a team of makeup and hair artists based in Pasadena, California. The founder, Angela, continuously educates her team to keep them updated with the latest makeup and hair skills and trends to provide consistent and premium beauty services in the area. Though Angela specializes in weddings, her team has been involved in various engagements, such as print ads, fashion shows, photo shoots, and other special occasions.
- Falcon Media Solutions
Falcon Media Solutions provide videography services for various needs, specifically focusing on creating digital marketing content through aerial photography and videography and timelapse progression. They collaborate with clients to ensure that they provide high-quality products that are suited to their needs. The video production firm has a team of skilled experts that have extensive knowledge in the field and are committed to providing superior service to their customers. Their clientele is both vast and varied, with businesses, small and large, inquiring about their services, including law firms, real estate agents, and car companies.
- Caesar Events LA
Caesar Events LA has carved out a reputation as the leading business for party equipment rentals, offering high-quality equipment and supplies for a range of special events. They cater to productions, private gatherings, conferences, fundraising galas, weddings, and business functions by providing tents, tables and chairs, dining equipment, props and decor, furniture, and sunshades, to name a few. They use cutting-edge equipment, and the staff is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. By customizing services to match the demands of each unique occasion, they aim to create unforgettable and stunning events.
Pros and Cons of Productions in Altadena
There are several factors to consider when deciding if production space in Altadena is the right fit for your event. Below are some pros and cons to help you make your decision:
- Altadena has a small-town feel despite being located near Los Angeles. This can be a plus for productions that are looking for a more intimate setting.
- The community is home to several art galleries, coffee shops, and vintage stores, which can provide a unique backdrop for your production.
- Altadena is undergoing a rebirth, with new businesses and production spaces moving into the area. This can give you access to more resources and vendors to help complete your production.
- Due to its location near Los Angeles, Altadena can be subject to traffic congestion. This can be a problem for crew members who have to travel from out of town.
- Altadena is located in a seismically active area and is at risk for earthquakes. This should be considered if your production event is likely to attract a large number of people.
- The community has a history of racism and sexism, which some producers and event planners may want to avoid.
Tips on How to Organize Productions in Altadena
Organizing production spaces in Altadena can be a challenge, but with the right strategies, it's possible to create an effective and efficient workspace that meets all of your needs. Here are some tips to help you organize production spaces in Altadena:
- Analyze your space: Before you start organizing your production site, take a look at what you're working with and see how much space is available. Measure the room’s dimensions and the height of the ceilings, and note any furniture or objects that may need to be moved around.
- Create zones: Designate areas for different tasks within your production space so that everything has its place. This includes areas for workspaces, storage, equipment, tools, break area/lounge, and other activities that require dedicated spaces, such as film editing or sound mixing areas.
- Utilize vertical storage: If you have limited floor space, maximize the working area by using wall shelves or racks to store items vertically instead of on the ground for easy access when needed and maximum efficiency of usage of your workspace.
- Reorganize often: To ensure optimal efficiency, it’s important to set aside time every few weeks or months to reorganize your workspace based on updates or changes in production needs and supplies.
Famous Locations in Altadena
- Lacy Park
If you're looking for a quiet place to relax on the weekends, this park is one of the hidden gems in a normally busy suburb. Just 13 minutes from Altadena, Lacy Park will let you enjoy all the park has to offer, from scenic walks with the dog to beautiful gardens perfect for taking lifestyle pics. The small parking lot or street parking near the entrance is free, and walking into the park feels like you're at some upscale county club. The grass is super green, the flowers and gardens are pristine, and it's incredibly quiet, save for the birds singing. It's worth a visit!
- Brookside Park
Brookside Park is a favorite among visitors because it has something for everyone to enjoy. There are several playgrounds for youngsters and numerous vast open grass settings where people can participate in sports and leisure activities. There is exercise equipment randomly placed throughout the park, and they have a small covered pavilion for events. The park also features a running track, benches for resting, picnic areas with barbecue pits, an area shaded by trees, a beautiful staircase, and a pull-up bar. Overall, Brookside Park is a fantastic place to spend a day outdoors with friends or family.
- Inspiration Point via Castle Canyon
Castle Canyon is a superb trail to hike if you're looking for a challenge. You'll see the sign for Castle Canyon to Inspiration Point when you reach the junction near Echo Mountain. Alternatively, if you're looking to continue your hike, there's a trail that goes up to Mt. Sam Merrill that will also get you to Inspiration Point. Most of the trail isn't covered, so bring a hat and sunscreen with you. It is recommended that hikers start early because it gets hot, especially since a lot of the hike is exposed. But despite the challenge, it’ll all be worth it because of the amazing views waiting to be seen!