Fullerton, California, is a vibrant city located in northern Orange County, just 30 miles from Los Angeles. It was initially part of the Rancho San Juan Cajon de Santa Ana, a Mexican land grant which encompasses two other cities of Anaheim and Placentia. Fullerton soon became a bustling agricultural center with citrus and walnut groves.
In 1904, the Pacific Electric Railway extended its tracks to Fullerton, along with a new depot built that year. The town continued to increase in the early twentieth century as it attracted more people looking for new work or leisure opportunities. By 1920, Fullerton had become the largest city in Orange County, with over 10,000 residents.
Today, Fullerton remains an attractive destination for tourists and locals alike. One of its most popular attractions is the historic downtown area around Wilshire Avenue which features stunning architecture from different eras, such as Victorian, Craftsman, and Spanish revival styles.
Creative artists and photographers will also fall in love with this beautiful city. Fullerton offers many photoshoot locations, from iconic landmarks to parks and coves. Several parks throughout town feature lush greenery and natural beauty, perfect for portrait shoots. So whether you’re looking for entertainment or want to explore its history through photography, you’ll find Fullerton well worth visiting!
Photoshoot Options in Fullerton
Makeup is a crucial element of any photoshoot, so it’s worth investing in a reliable makeup artist to bring your creative vision to life. Many makeup artists in Fullerton fit different budgets and help bring out one's confidence that translates into every photo.
Fullerton is home to several photography firms, so you’ll find a photographer who can create the stunning images you desire or that fit your brand. These companies can provide the equipment you need to capture the perfect shots, whether in an indoor setting or an outdoor photoshoot location in Fullerton.
If you need to rent equipment for your photoshoot, many companies in Fullerton offer this service. You can find a company that provides the type of equipment you need. This is an excellent option if you don't have all the necessary camera gear and tools and you don’t plan on buying one yet.
Several Fullerton caterers can help you with preparing delicious food for your photoshoot. You could discover a restaurant that serves the cuisine you like, whether it’s American, Italian, Mexican, or Asian or rent a food truck to ensure that everyone on set is fed and full of energy.
To avoid any stressful surprises during your photo session, why not hire additional staff for your team? If you're looking for added peace of mind by having reliable professionals to help with your next Fullerton shoot, working with a staffing agency is worth considering.
Photoshoot Vendors in Fullerton
- Glam Blowout & Beauty Bar
Glam Blowout and Beauty Bar by Amanda Amira opened its doors to her loyal clientele, offering many services from hair to makeup and nails. You can choose from different styles such as Glam, Diva, Chic, Romantic, and Fashionista, or customize them based on whatever theme your photoshoot requires. Amanda and her team are passionate about helping their clients feel beautiful inside and out, always giving 110%.
- George Swar Photography
George Swar is an accomplished freelance photographer based in stunning Orange County, California. He has been providing photography services to everyone in Southern California since 2001, specializing in event photography, family portraits, kids, and weddings. George Swar's website features a section dedicated to his video work, which includes highlights of weddings he’s shot. He also has a team of photographers with combined years of experience in portraits, weddings, and events.
- Jay's Catering
Jay's Catering is the perfect choice for any event, no matter the size. With over 50 years in the business, Jay's has a wealth of experience and will make sure your event is a success. They believe catering should be affordable for everyone, not just those with deep pockets, so you can be confident you're getting great value for your money. They offer boxed lunches which will be ideal for people in the middle of busy photoshoot sessions.
Pros and Cons of Photoshoots in Fullerton
Fullerton can be an excellent choice when considering a suitable location for a photoshoot. Below are some pros and cons of choosing a photoshoot location in the city that should be considered when making this decision.
- Fullerton's proximity to the beach offers many amazing opportunities for scenic beach shoots with waves crashing against rocks or sunny shoreline shots. There are also lakes, ponds, streams, and hillsides covered in wildflowers to be added to your list of potential outdoor photoshoot sites.
- For those looking for something more urban, downtown Fullerton has plenty to offer, from historic buildings to charming streets lined with restaurants and shops.
- Since it's generally mild year-round, outdoor photo sessions can take place whenever you want. There will be no shortage of opportunities available when scheduling photoshoots in Fullerton, regardless of the season.
- Some parts of downtown Fullerton may get quite busy during peak hours, so early morning or late evening photo sessions may be necessary if you desire seclusion from large crowds.
- While many outdoor locations are relatively secluded, some areas where construction work may be taking place could cause disturbances during a session.
- Photographers must be aware that Fullerton’s coastal location can result in increased humidity levels during certain times of year (usually spring). This can cause undesirable effects on lens/equipment performance, thus requiring extra caution when setting up equipment outdoors during these months.
Tips on How to Organize Photoshoots in Fullerton
Putting together a photoshoot can be an exciting yet daunting process. But with some planning and preparation, you can ensure your photo session goes off without a hitch. Here are a few key elements to help you organize a successful photoshoot in Fullerton:
- Choose a theme or concept for the shoot: Establishing a theme will help you determine the type of location, props, and wardrobe necessary. It also sets you in a decisive direction and inspires creativity.
- Contact potential models and photographers: Once you already have a theme in mind, you’ll want to select models and photographers who preferably have the skills and experience in the type of shoot you’re planning. Be sure to give them plenty of notice so they can clear their schedules and decide if they’re accepting the gig.
- Book your venue in advance: For indoor venues such as photo studios, restaurants, cafes, or houses, be sure that the space is big enough to accommodate your crew. Schedule in advance to reserve your slot. For outdoor venues, secure permits from the respective property owners or the local government if necessary.
- Start planning the photoshoot details: Ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities and that all necessary equipment is on hand.
- Check the details: Take some time to walk through the location and ensure everything is in place. Then, let your creative team do their work on the day!
Famous Locations in Fullerton
- Sherman Library & Gardens
Founder Arnold Haskell's vision for a cultural and educational center can be seen in the Sherman Library & Gardens. It's a one-of-a-kind place where you can learn and discover the history of the Pacific Southwest while enjoying nature, horticulture, arts, and culture through exhibits, performances, workshops, and activities. The garden features include a museum of living plants, pathways for walking, bubbling tile fountains, and an outstanding research facility.
- Fullerton Arboretum
The Fullerton Arboretum is a 26-acre paradise in the middle of Southern California. This urban sanctuary is home to endangered and unique plant species and a nationally renowned citrus collection. The Arboretum not only provides an aesthetic experience but also serves as an outdoor research laboratory for environmental education. The Fullerton Arboretum provides the public with opportunities to learn about sustainable practices, such as composting and water conservation. It also relies on donations from the community to help finance its collections and environmental education programs.
- Coronado Public Library
The Coronado Public Library is a valuable community resource that hosts events and maintains an extensive research database. Its goal is to promote lifelong learning and reading among community members. A dedicated group of volunteers helps to fundraise for the library through events and their used bookstore. Some examples of their programs include annual book fairs and the Coronado Flower Show. But all year round, the library hosts many activities such as storytelling sessions, art classes, workshops, talks, and film showings, among others.