Denver, Colorado, is a vibrant city along the Rocky Mountains and the majestic Front Range. With over 699000 people in the metropolitan area, Denver is well known for its stunning natural beauty and abundant recreational activities. The city is also renowned for its diverse and vibrant arts scene, with many award-winning museums, art galleries, performance venues, and music halls.
In recent years, Denver has become an increasingly popular destination for filmmakers looking to take advantage of its beautiful landscapes and scenic vistas to capture fantastic footage. Many video studios have sprouted up around the city, offering top-of-the-line equipment and professional services that make capturing perfect shots easy. Some studios even specialize in certain areas, such as aerial filming or green screen technology. Access to professional studio spaces can help ensure filmmakers get the highest quality results from their projects.
One interesting fact about Denver is that it has been rated as one of America's most walkable cities by Forbes magazine due to its urban design and layout based on a grid system. This makes it easy for filmmakers to get around quickly when scouting locations or tracking props for their projects.
Video Options in Denver
- Videographers and Photographers
Denver is home to many experienced videographers and photographers specializing in studio work. They can provide high-quality lighting and camera equipment and capture professional-looking videos or photos in studio settings. They understand the creative process behind video production and have a deep knowledge of the technical aspects of it, such as choosing the right lenses, setting up lighting correctly, and selecting the best angles for your shots.
- Catering Services
Denver has many catering services that specialize in providing high-end meals and snacks for long days of filming. These companies can provide delicious food to keep the crew fueled up while they're shooting. They also offer various options, so filmmakers can customize their catering experience to fit their budget and project requirements. Delivery and setup services are also available for convenience.
- Set Designers
Set designers play a pivotal role in ensuring sets look realistic while providing creative direction throughout the project’s development phase. This includes creating accurate blueprints and scale models of sets before shooting so that directors know what they’ll be working with ahead of time. Many talented set designers in Denver specialize in video production projects ranging from feature films to music videos or commercials.
Video Vendors in Denver
- LockerPartners Video
LockerPartners is a unique video content production company based in Denver, Colorado, and Sandstone, West Virginia. Under the ownership and operation of Mary Grace Legg, LockerPartners specializes in creating engaging and personalized video content. They have worked with non-profit organizations, artists, musicians, business owners, startups, community institutions, and individuals to help build an audience around their vision and mission. They produce music videos in video studio spaces, short films, and even stop-motion animation. The company aims to help clients engage their community with heart and humor.
- Telideo Productions
Telideo Productions is a full-service video production company. With decades of experience, they’ve worked with top brands and companies based in Denver. Their specialty is producing original video and animated content for corporate events, YouTube advertising, employee training, advertising campaigns, video studio productions, dance shoots, and more. Whether your business wants to gain more attention in the local market or launch a full-blown video marketing campaign, hiring a professional video production company will help you get your results.
- Chef Steve
Chef Steve has an undeniable passion for providing the highest quality food in taste and presentation. From watching his mother cook in his childhood home to serving Presidents of the United States, Chef Steve has always known his calling. His highest priority is to please his guests, whether for a huge event, small gatherings, casts and crews of video studios, dance shoots, filming, modeling photoshoots, or intimate cooking class.
Pros and Cons of Video Studio Events In Denver
Organizing video shooting in Denver studio spaces can be beneficial and challenging. Here are some pros and cons of doing so:
- Accessibility: Access to a designated space for shooting videos increases the availability of resources and equipment needed to create high-quality content. It also allows for easier coordination between talent, equipment rental companies, and other professionals involved in the production process.
- Cost savings: With access to a dedicated studio space, filmmakers and video producers can save on overhead costs associated with renting different locations for each project. Additionally, using a studio eliminates the need for expensive transport costs related to taking equipment from place to place.
- Professional atmosphere: Studio spaces offer an organized setting that allows creative professionals to focus on tasks without worrying about disruptions or external factors that could affect the production outcome.
- Availability: Depending on location and demand, it may not always be possible to rent a suitable studio space when needed since they often book up quickly due to their popularity among filmmakers and video producers.
- Clutter: Studios can become cluttered quickly with numerous pieces of equipment that take up valuable floor space, which can impede motion during shoots or reduce accessibility when needing certain items urgently.
- Complexity: Studios setup is complex and requires expertise to ensure that all elements work together seamlessly, which often involves hiring multiple professionals who specialize in different aspects related to video production.
Tips on How to Organize Video Studio Events In Denver
Whether you're shooting a short film, music video, or commercial in a studio space located in Denver, it is essential to have an organized plan of action. To that end, here are several tips to help make the most of your studio time and create the best possible outcome for your shoot:
- Schedule adequate setup time: Depending on the complexity of your setup, you should allow enough time for pre-lighting and positioning of equipment before beginning the video shoot.
- Rehearse shots beforehand: A well-rehearsed shot list can help keep everyone on the same page and ensure no important details are overlooked. Additionally, it’s essential to consider potential shooting obstacles and plan accordingly.
- Plan for any special effects you want to use: If you’ve got any ambitious special effects planned for your video shoot, ensure they’re accounted for in both the schedule and budget so you don’t run out of time or money during production.
- Research your backdrop options: Studios come with various available backdrops or backgrounds. Research ahead of time so you know what spaces can accommodate the look you’re going for.
- Utilize natural light: Take advantage of Denver's plentiful natural light by choosing studios with large windows or skylights, offering more versatile lighting opportunities than artificial sources alone.
Famous Locations in Denver
- The Paranormal Park at Cheesman
Nestled between 8th and York, Cheesman Park is a breathtaking sight for anyone visiting Denver. This 80-acre park is home to stunning botanic gardens and a one-of-a-kind view of the Rocky Mountains that stretches over 150 miles. But there's more to this park than just its natural wonder. You may feel watched if you stroll across its picturesque paths and sit down to rest on one of the many benches. You may hear rustling in the trees when there's no wind or feel a chill on your shoulder when you think you're alone. What's causing this supernatural behavior? It turns out that Cheesman Park was built on land that was once a cemetery way back in the 1800s.
- Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls, and Toys
One of Denver's hidden gems is the Museum of Miniatures, Dolls, and Toys. Conveniently located just a couple of miles from downtown, the museum is packed with over 20,000 objects that attract visitors of all ages. The museum's four major exhibits change yearly, ensuring you'll always see something new. Whether you're a Star Wars fan, a dollhouse enthusiast, or just looking to take a nostalgic trip down memory lane, there's something here that will undoubtedly pique your interest. Children and adults alike will appreciate the beautifully crafted antique dolls from around the world and the impressive collection of toy soldiers.
- Power & Equality Mural by Shepard Fairey
Shepard Fairey is a household name in the world of art, and with good reason. If you've ever worn an "OBEY" t-shirt or seen President Obama's iconic "hope" portrait, you're already familiar with his work. The Power & Equality mural is one of Fairey's latest masterpieces and is free to view. This attention-grabbing mural features a simple color scheme and a powerful message. The head of an African American woman serves as the focal point, with the inspiring words "Power & Equality" emblazoned on her hair. Looking left to right, the message "Power to the people" surrounds the entire artwork.