Chicago is one of the most iconic major cities in the United States located on the shore of Lake Michigan. With a population of over two million, the city is full of culture, art, music, and sports - making it an all-around great destination for tourists and business individuals alike. As a regional cultural hub, Chicago offers lobby spaces to draw in more people, from hosting corporate events to discussions and networking.
These spaces offer convenience because they are located in many major locations downtown. These lobbies are not only beneficial for businesses but also offer opportunities for start-ups and entrepreneurs looking to grow their networks.
Thanks to Chicago's history and reputation as a city that encourages creativity, lobby spaces also provide wonderful artistic outlets - showcasing theatre productions, hosting film screenings, and interactive exhibits. With plenty of activities to do in some of the finest segments of the Windy City, there’s no doubt why this diverse urban landscape continues to draw people in.
Lobby Options in Chicago
If you're looking for live music to add to your event, there are plenty of great musicians in Chicago that can provide it. From jazz bands to folk singers, there's a musician out there that can fit any event's needs. And with the city's rich musical history, you're sure to find some top-notch talent in Chicago.
- Event Planners
Planning an event can be a daunting task, but luckily there are top-tier event planners in Chicago that can help make it a success. From choosing the perfect venue to coordinating all of the details, these professionals will ensure that your event goes off without a hitch.
From small, intimate gatherings to large-scale events, flowers are a key element in adding a touch of elegance and beauty. And with Chicago's many talented floral designers, you're sure to find the perfect blooms for your event.
Lobby Vendors in Chicago
- The Z Orchestra
The Z Orchestra is the perfect choice for live musical entertainment at any event. Led by vocalist/percussionist Paul Zimmermann and featuring some of Chicago's best musical talent, The Z Orchestra delivers an amazing performance every time. Their unique sound and energy will get guests out of their seats and dancing in no time. The Z Orchestra may provide a wide range of musical entertainment for any event, including weddings, bar/bat mitzvah celebrations, birthday parties, anniversaries, fundraisers, company events, and summer festivals.
- Secret Garden Flower Shop
At Secret Garden Flower Shop, they are proud to serve Chicago and the surrounding areas with beautiful floral arrangements and gifts. They are a family-owned company that understands the need for only the highest-quality materials and attentive, prompt service. The knowledgeable and friendly staff will always go above and beyond to make sure you have a great experience and that your gift is exactly what you wanted. When you need flowers, make Secret Garden Flower Shop your first choice. You won't be disappointed!
- Cotillion Banquets
Cotillion Banquets specialize in making your event extra special. They know that the details often make all the difference between an elegant event and an ordinary one. That's why they offer a neo-classic setting with grand staircases, crystal chandeliers, and porcelain dance floors. The Cotillion chefs will prepare a distinctive menu that is sure to please all of your guests via optimal service. The Cotillion Banquets team can accommodate up to 900 guests and there is plenty of free parking.
Pros and Cons of Lobby Spaces in Chicago
There are a few things to consider before deciding on a lobby space for your event in Chicago.
- Some of the best lobbies are found in some of the city's most iconic buildings, which further adds interest to your event.
- Selections of the city's grandiose and beautiful lobbies create the perfect settings for prominent occasions.
- If the function calls for it, Chicago presents choices of sleek and modern spaces that suit modern gatherings.
- Some lobbies are quite costly to rent, particularly if they are found within historic buildings.
- A few of these venues require a long-term lease as a prerequisite for using these spaces.
- A majority of lobbies are not available on short notice.
Tips on How to Organize Lobby Spaces in Chicago
When it comes to organizing lobby spaces in Chicago, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- To start, identify the purpose of the lobby. This helps you narrow down your choices.
- Strategically place dividers, armchairs, or furniture groups to create different areas of use within the lobby. Intentional storage solutions such as built-in benches with extra storage or attractive shelving should also be employed to help maintain an organized atmosphere and allow ample room for both visitors and staff interactions.
- Additionally, choose the right decor and color palette for a significant impact on creating a cohesive look throughout your space.
- Finally, invest in reliable lighting as a way of managing the overall ambiance and highlighting certain elements around the space.
Famous Locations in Chicago
- Lakefront Trail
Chicago's Lakefront Trail is a popular spot for runners, walkers, bikers, and rollerbladers. The trail stretches along the shore of Lake Michigan, with gorgeous views of the water and the city skyline. Along the trail, you'll find plenty of things to do, including visiting beaches, gardens, and public art installations. You can also enjoy playgrounds, tennis courts, and other recreational facilities. The trail is well-maintained and perfect for a leisurely stroll or an invigorating workout.
- City Gallery at the Historic Water Tower
The City Gallery in the Historic Water Tower is a great place to check out some local artwork. The gallery is located in the Water Tower, which is one of Chicago's most famous landmarks. The Water Tower was built in 1867 and 1869, and it was originally used to regulate water pressure for the city's municipal water system. After the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, the Water Tower became even more famous because it was one of the few buildings that survived the fire. Today, the City Gallery in the Historic Water Tower showcases the work of local photographers and artists. If you're ever in the area, be sure to stop by and check it out!
- Harold Washington Library Center
As soon as you step into the library, you're hit with a sense of awe. It's hard to believe that all of this exists under one roof. And it's not just the sheer size that impresses, but also the beauty. The interior is flooded with natural light from the stunning Winter Garden, and the art collection is definitely worth taking some time to explore. With over 50 pieces on display, there's something to catch everyone's eye.