Show all photos

1920's Schoolhouse

Favorite
Share
Now a Dallas Historic Landmark, the schoolhouse remains as the only physical reminder of West Dallas communities and it's a rare almost 100-year old building in a rural setting that has such strong, diverse associations. From 1923-1959 hundreds of students filled the school including the infamous Bonnie Parker of Bonnie and Clyde. It is the only remaining public school in DISD in which students from a workers village or 'company town' attended. In 2019 the school was reopened to the community as an venue

Category and style

Event Space

Americana/Anywhere America, Art Deco, Dated/Retro, Gothic/Victorian, Industrial, Contemporary Modern

Parking

Private parking for 45 cars

Available parking lot or parking structure nearby

Location details

Property size (sq ft):
7000 sq ft

Location Rules

No smoking

Amenities

Air Conditioning
Hair/Makeup area
Wifi

Features

Exposed Beams
Ballroom
Basement
Conference Room/Boardroom
Garden
Patio
Studio Space/Equipment
Concrete Floor
Dark Wood Floor
Tiles Floor
Concrete Walls
Texture Walls
White Walls
Whitewashed Walls

Crew access

Stairs
Street Level
Wheelchair / Handicap Access
Location
Exact location provided after booking