Fullerton, California, is located in the northern part of Orange County, just 30 miles southeast of Los Angeles. The city was founded in 1887 and officially incorporated in 1904, making it one of the oldest cities in the county. With its proximity to some of California's most iconic landmarks and attractions, it's no wonder why Fullerton has become a favorite destination for travelers worldwide.
For those looking for an ideal place to shoot video projects, Fullerton offers excellent opportunities for filmmakers, thanks to its wide range of landscapes and unique structures available. From the historic downtown district filled with charming buildings and eclectic shops to nearby beaches that offer stunning views of the Pacific Ocean, there are plenty of diverse backdrops to suit your next project.
Check out several unique indoor and outdoor video shoot locations in Fullerton. These include local museums, libraries, studios, warehouses, and public parks, often hosting art shows and other events. Whether shooting a music video, feature film, or documentary, countless creative possibilities await you in Fullerton.
Video Shoot Options in Fullerton
Video shoots are incomplete without excellent makeup artists. These artists are essential for models and actors who have to be in front of the camera and harsh lights all day long. Since on-screen makeup is vastly different from everyday makeup, having the right people on board can make all the difference! Many great makeup artists in Fullerton can provide reliable services at a reasonable price.
A videographer is an essential part of any video shoot. The videographer is responsible for capturing all the footage and ensuring it is of high quality. Talented videographers handle everything from pre to post production. Fullerton offers well-experienced, fantastic videographers who can help, offer suggestions, and become long-lasting partners.
Having the correct equipment can make all the difference between a good video shoot and an average shoot! This includes cameras, three-point lights, stands, tripods, staging, backdrops, green screens, motion sensors, boom poles, microphones, and sound equipment. There are many great rental companies in Fullerton that can provide equipment at different ranges according to your needs and budgets.
Since Fullerton is a melting pot of cultures, the food reflects this diversity. Video shoots, photo shoots, long work days, and hungry crews do not make for a productive day! The Fullerton gastronomy scene is thumping with Korean, Asian, Indian, Italian, Mediterranean, Lebanese, and even Thai food. Most caterers in Fullerton are well-reputed and can offer some excellent buffet spreads to make the video shoot a success. After all, a well-fed crew is a happy crew!
What's the best way to control additional staffing overheads? Hire locally. By hiring local Fullerton extras, grips, electricians, plumbers, carpenters, assistants, social media managers, marketing agencies, and more, you can reduce your travel overheads, and ensure that the team is always ready for meetings, last minute changes, and any other on-the-spot solutions needed. The best part about hiring local vendors means you get the best deals in the city.
Video Shoot Vendors in Fullerton
- JYP photo and video
Josh Yang of JYP Photo and video is a wizard at getting the best photo and video shots. JYP photo and video is known for high-res wedding, event, on-location shoots, product shoots, YouTube shorts, and ad-films. JYP is known for product B-rolls to help with strategic marketing and public relations, while ensuring superb quality of images and video. They serve Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego, and specialize in filming and editing for beach weddings and formal events. JYP photo and video take pleasure in creating vivid event photos and films for clients that capture the essence of the event.
- California Cookout
Do you need a catering company that focuses on fresh, California-style cuisine? If so, then be sure to check out California Cookout! They have provided top-notch catering services for weddings, corporate events, private parties, and social gatherings for over 20 years, and have excellent reviews and ratings. They offer an assortment of menu choices with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options. Also worth mentioning is that they only use the freshest ingredients possible–which means your guests can anticipate delicious food with plenty of flavors.
- Lighting and Electrical
Hector and Sergio at Lighting and Electrical are known for their high quality of work. They specialize in large and small projects, installations, audio and video analysis, and have a well-experienced, qualified team. The talent at Lighting and ELectrical are hand-picked to ensure the highest standards of safety and security, keeping in line with the codes and standards required for indoor-outdoor shoots, events, conferences, or meetings.
Pros and Cons of Video Shoots in Fullerton
Fullerton is a great place to shoot videos. It offers a variety of outdoor and indoor locations that provide filmmakers with plenty of opportunities to capture stunning visuals. However, there are also several drawbacks to shooting videos in the city you must be aware of to guide your decision.
- Fullerton is close enough to Los Angeles for convenience yet far enough away for peace and quiet. This makes it an ideal location for shooting videos with minimal distraction from outside noise or people.
- Fullerton has an array of beautiful natural landscapes that can be used as backdrops for video shoots. From rolling hills to beaches, anyone looking for stunning visuals will be sure to find them here.
- The city has its own movie studio, giving filmmakers access to professional facilities when they need them.
- Filming in Fullerton gives filmmakers plenty of resources, such as makeup artists, costume designers, and sound engineers. These services make the whole process much smoother than if one were shooting on their own.
- Like many California cities, traffic can sometimes get congested here during peak hours which may interfere with filming schedules.
- Due to the city’s generally mild climate all year long, the only season-specific shots available would have to be staged indoors or in nearby cities like Santa Ana and Anaheim. It can add time and cost to production.
- Since there are so many film professionals already located in the area competing for gigs, it can be difficult to secure contracts or bookings at times.
- Many directors prefer shooting on location instead of in studios, so there may be limited access to certain types of equipment needed when filming outdoors.
Tips on How to Organize Video Shoots in Fullerton
Video shoots are essential to any business or organization’s promotional strategy. However, organizing a successful video shoot in Fullerton can be challenging due to the many variables involved. To make this process easier, here are some tips for optimal success:
- Choose an ideal location: Find the perfect video shot site to fit your needs and budget. You should consider the available space, lighting, noise levels, and other potential factors affecting the production quality.
- Secure all necessary equipment and staff: After selecting your shooting location, you must ensure you have all the equipment and staff required for your shoot. This includes audio-visual equipment such as cameras, lights, microphones, and other items needed depending on the scope of your project.
- Plan ahead of time: Proper planning is key for any successful video shoot in Fullerton. It prevents last-minute surprises that may derail or delay production. Make sure you plan ahead by outlining what scenes will be filmed and when they will be shot.
- Set clear goals and objectives: Before beginning any project, you must set clear goals and objectives. It helps keep everyone informed about what needs to be done throughout each stage of production, so nothing gets overlooked that may lead to delays or missed opportunities for success.
Famous Locations in Fullerton
- Muckenthaler Art and Cultural Center
Originally the Muckenthaler House, The Muckenthaler Art and Cultural Center is a Spanish-revival masterpiece that is one of the most vital backbones of the Fullerton community. The Center hosts more than 60 - 70 musical and theatrical performances, offers a stage to the local community of artists, designers, contemporary musicians, and more. The Art and Cultural Center is also essential in providing a platform for galleries, performances, lectures, and information about topics related to anthropology, science, arts, mental health, and more.
- Cerritos Library
The Cerritos Library is a beautiful modern library space that is perfect for all ages. The library's exterior is clad with titanium panels, giving it a unique look that is unlike any other building in the area. The interiors of the library are just as impressive as the exterior, with plenty of space for sitting and reading or using the computers. Meeting rooms are also available for use, making the Cerritos Library the perfect place for community events.
- Craig Regional Park
Craig Regional Park is easily accessible just north of Cal State Fullerton. It sits on 125 acres of sprawling verdant green lands.The notable features include a lake, tall trees, creeks, shaded areas, and splendid rolling hills that are perfect for a day out or a late-afternoon walk. Additionally, Craig Regional Park is a sports haven for aspirants. It has basketball courts, baseball and softball fields, and a volleyball court.