Edmonton, the capital of Alberta, offers a wealth of natural and cultural attractions. From its striking skyline to its lush green parks, there is something for everyone in this vibrant city. Edmonton is known for its beautiful river valley, which includes over 100 km of trails and pathways perfect for outdoor activities. The city also has many historical sites, art galleries, entertainment venues, and professional sports teams.
For those looking to host corporate events in Edmonton, this large city boasts a wide selection of venues that can accommodate any size or type of event. Whether you’re looking for luxurious ballrooms or modern conference centers, Alberta’s capital doesn’t disappoint. Additionally, Edmonton’s central location in Canada makes it easy to access from anywhere in the country or around the world.
Beyond the traditional corporate event venue in Edmonton, you’ll discover unique settings for a dynamic gathering. When you add its variety of event facilities, year-round festivals, and entertainment opportunities, delegates can expect nothing but the best in this stunning Canadian city. Numerous attractions within the downtown core and easy access to nature just minutes away from the city center can also provide your guests with a scenic and one-of-a-kind environment for events. These factors make Edmonton an excellent destination for a successful corporate event.
Corporate Event Options in Edmonton
Hiring a photographer in Edmonton, AB, can be a great way to capture important moments from your event. With the help of a professional photographer, you can document beautiful memories to look back on and share with colleagues and clients. They can also take photos that are perfect for social media or company websites.
- Furniture Rentals
If you are hosting an event in Edmonton, consider furniture rentals to add more comfort and style to the occasion. From tables and chairs to lounge seating and decor, you can rely on a local vendor to deliver quality supplies directly to your corporate event venue at competitive prices.
- AV Equipment
Good lighting and efficient sound are essential for a successful corporate affair. That’s where an audiovisual specialist in Edmonton comes into play to provide support and equipment like projectors, microphones, audio mixers, video switchers, and amplifiers so your presentation can run seamlessly without technical issues.
Corporate Event Vendors in Edmonton
- M Event Rentals
M Event Rentals is an event rental business providing customers with a simplified and professional experience for special occasions. It has an extensive collection of pre-designed backdrops, centerpieces, and custom event furniture, structures, and props to meet customers' needs. Their products are perfect for weddings, showers, family gatherings, corporate functions, or photography sessions. Each item is easy to assemble and can be used to create an elegant feel without breaking the bank. Furthermore, their designs are unique and sourced from all over the world, ensuring each event looks beautiful and like no other.
- Avonlea Photography
Avonlea Photography is a top-tier commercial photography studio in Edmonton, Alberta. It boasts exceptional services to capture its customers' vision, specializing in corporate headshots and product photography. Its team of experienced professionals is well-versed in photography and can creatively solve any challenge their clients may face. Avonlea Photography is committed to meeting tight timelines and budgets to deliver outstanding results. They stand out from other studios by offering custom packages that are both affordable and efficient. Above all, their dedication to building lasting relationships with clients sets them apart from the competition.
- Cine Audio Visual
Cine Audio Visual is a full-service commercial audio-visual provider offering professional-grade equipment for rental and event services throughout Alberta. Besides AV equipment rentals, they provide event services for AV requirements, including technical operators, support, delivery, and setup. Their expert team is available after hours for additional fees, ensuring customers have access to the highest quality service anytime. Cine Audio Visual prides itself on its commitment to customer service, providing a dedicated main phone number available to qualified customers for after-hours assistance.
Pros and Cons of Corporate Events in Edmonton
You can host different corporate events, from meetings and seminars to conferences and company parties. But before bringing everyone to your chosen corporate event venue in Edmonton, check out its pros and cons to guide your decision.
- Alberta’s capital gives event planners access to a variety of event spaces, including modern conference centers and historic venues.
- Edmonton’s proximity to major cities like Calgary makes travel easy for attendees from other areas.
- Attendees can choose from a wide range of entertainment options, ranging from music festivals to outdoor activities.
- Edmonton’s abundant natural beauty offers a unique backdrop for events.
- Expect potential weather problems in the region due to extreme cold or snow during winter.
- If you’re coming from out of town, you might have to deal with a limited public transportation system outside central Edmonton.
- The city has a relatively high cost of living due to high taxes and real estate prices.
- There’s a lack of hotel rooms and other accommodations near downtown locations.
Tips on How to Organize Corporate Events in Edmonton
Organizing corporate events in Edmonton isn’t easy, no matter how experienced you are in event planning, as there are many different factors to consider. However, you can ensure your event succeeds with the proper knowledge, preparation, and valuable tips.
- Research the area: Familiarizing yourself with the city of Edmonton and its attractions will help you determine which venues and vendors are best suited to your needs.
- Secure a suitable venue: Choose a location that fits your budget. It should also accommodate all expected guests and offer features such as audio-visual equipment or catering services if necessary.
- Establish an appropriate budget: Determine how much money you need to allocate for various aspects such as venue rental fees, catering costs, staffing expenses, etc. You should also budget for unexpected or additional expenses along the way.
- Plan ahead: Start early when organizing any event; this allows ample time for marketing campaigns, making arrangements with vendors, and ensuring everything goes smoothly on the event day.
- Promote your event effectively: Reach out via print or online media outlets to inform potential guests about your event. Ensure that all pertinent details (date, time, venue address) are clearly indicated and easily accessible by those who wish to attend.
- Follow up with attendees: After the event has concluded, take some time to reach out to those who attended. Consider their feedback for future events and thank them for participating in yours!
Famous Locations in Edmonton
- Fort Edmonton Park
Fort Edmonton Park is a unique and immersive historical adventure, allowing visitors to step back in time and experience life during the 1800s. This living history museum has over 75 historic buildings, including many original ones, that are used to recreate four different periods: the 1846 fort, the 1885 community, the 1905 railway boom, and the 1920 commerce heyday. Visitors can explore the fur trading post, where they might barter for beads with actors dressed in period costumes, shop at one of the numerous stores, visit a bank or post office, and more. With all this history on offer, visitors can learn about life in 19th-century Canada while being entertained and immersed in an authentic atmosphere.
- Muttart Conservatory
Plant and nature lovers should visit Muttart Conservatory, one of the country’s largest indoor botanical collections. Its highlights are the three climate-regulated pyramids, each holding a themed garden that represents a different world biome and plant species. The lush Tropical pyramid is a crowd-favorite, filled with towering banana trees, giant palms, delicate orchids, and a weeping fig. The Temperature zone features Eucalyptus trees and Australian pampas grass, while the Arid pyramid has exotic desert species and spiky cactus. There’s also a shop for gifts and souvenirs and a place to rest, relax, and take in the calming surroundings.
- Gallagher Park
While in the area, check out Gallagher Park, just a stone’s throw from the Muttart Conservatory. The park plays a crucial role in the river valley park system, providing opportunities for arts, culture, sport, leisure, and recreation. It’s a year-round destination for Edmontonians and tourists, but the best time to visit is in summer, with festivals held on its grounds. It becomes a community filled with booths and tents for the famous four-day Edmonton Folk Music Festival in August. When not used as a gathering place, the park is a lovely place to unwind and escape the city’s hustle and bustle.