Vancouver is beloved for its natural beauty, and it's no wonder that it's a popular choice for fitness photo shoots. The city is located between the Coast Mountains and the Pacific Ocean, offering stunning scenery in every direction. Vancouver is also well-known for its mild weather, with average temperatures ranging from 10-20 degrees Celsius. And of course, the city is home to a vibrant film and television industry, making it an ideal setting for content creation.
Vancouver offers a wide range of scenic locations, from urban parks to mountain trails, and its temperate climate makes it ideal for outdoor shoots year-round. Whether you're looking to capture fitness fashion or active lifestyle content, Vancouver is an ideal location for your next shoot.
With all of these factors combined, it's easy to see why Vancouver is such a popular choice for fitness photo shoots. And did you know that Vancouverites are some of the most active people in Canada? With so many outdoor activities available, it's no surprise that locals love to stay fit and healthy.
Fitness Photo Shoot Options in Vancouver
- Makeup and Hairstyle
For any type of photo shoot, presentable makeup and hairstyle are essential. Luckily, there are many options for makeup and hairstyle in Vancouver. You can find a professional makeup artist and hairstylist to help you look your best in your fitness photo shoot. If you want something easy to access, many salons and spas offer hair and makeup services around the city.
Many photography studios in Vancouver offer services for different kinds of shoots, including fitness photo shoots. Alternatively, you can hire a freelance photographer to take pictures of you. Just make sure that you check the photographer's portfolio and that their style matches your preferences.
- Food Delivery
If you need food for your fitness photo shoot, many catering services offer location catering. This is a great way to energize yourself and your crew without having to leave the venue to order out. Ideally, your food should be easy to eat on the go, so think of lunch boxes or grazing boxes.
Fitness Photo Shoot Vendors in Vancouver
- Koby Photography
Vancouver-based photographer Ian Kobylanski has ten years of experience in his favorite creative outlet: photography. Ranging from street, fashion, and lifestyle to portraiture, he also loves working with brands, startups, and commercial clients. His early interest in photography (paired with the mentorship of one of Vancouver's top concert photographers) led him to find Koby Photography as a way to follow his passion whilst attending university. Because he shoots primarily in outdoor settings, Ian should be an ideal photographer for a fitness photo shoot set in the outdoors.
- Faye Smith Agency
Faye Smith Agency, previously known as Faye Smith Makeup & Hair, is one of Canada's most well-known makeup and hair artists teams, formed in 2008. This team of skilled professionals has extensive experience in all elements of the makeup and hair industry, including photo shoots, special events, weddings, commercials, theatre, film, and more. Mobile services are also available for hire at any time.
Fed is a meal club that delivers fresh, delicious, and ready-to-eat meals daily. Their dietitian-designed meals ensure you get 100% of all your recommended nutrition every day. Each meal is made from scratch using sustainable ingredients by their chefs. With Fed's Meal Club, you can have delicious and healthy meals delivered to your photo shoot location in the middle of your busy schedule.
Pros and Cons of Fitness Photo Shoots in Vancouver
Vancouver is a terrific place to have a photo shoot for many reasons. But there are still some drawbacks to choosing this city for your shoot. Here are a few pros and cons:
- Many scenic locations in Vancouver can provide stunning backdrops for an outdoor fitness photo shoot.
- Vancouver has several photography studios that offer excellent facilities and support services.
- Because the people in Vancouver are mostly active, you'll find the place fitting for a fitness photo shoot.
- If you don't have your own camera, you'll have to rent equipment from photography rental companies in Vancouver, which can be expensive. On the other hand, renting is a better and more cost-effective option if the photo shoot is a one-time deal only.
- Depending on your chosen photo shoot location, if it's an outdoor vicinity, you may need to secure permits or bypass other red tape.
- Weather can be unpredictable at times in Vancouver, so if you choose to shoot outdoors, you'll have to have a backup plan such as bringing tents or rescheduling to another date.
Tips on How to Organize Fitness Photo Shoots in Vancouver
- Determine the location. Choose an outdoor location with plenty of natural light. This will help to create a more natural and flattering look for the fitness photos. Make sure to inquire if you need to secure permits to use the location.
- Plan the outfits. Think about what kind of look you want to achieve and choose outfits that will help to create that effect. For a fitness photo shoot, it's important to look stylish and put together while still showcasing your or your model's physique.
- Choose the right time of day. Try to schedule the photo shoot for early morning or late afternoon when the sun is lower in the sky. This will help to create a softer, more flattering light.
- Arrange for hair and makeup. If you're not comfortable doing your hair and makeup, arrange for a professional to do it for you. This will help ensure that you look your best in the photos.
Famous Locations in Vancouver
- Queen Elizabeth Park
Queen Elizabeth Park is Vancouver's top spot for flowers and views of the park, cityscape, and North Shore mountains. This 52-hectare park also comes with the Bloedel Conservatory—a lovely bonus attraction. The quarry garden at the park is picturesque, and the arboretum contains a wide array of both foreign and local trees. In addition, there are sculptures by world-famous artist Henry Moore dotting the grounds. If you're looking for something more active to do, the park offers tennis courts, lawn bowling, and a pitch and putt golf course. Seasons in the Park Restaurant is an excellent spot to enjoy dinner while watching the sunset over Longueval!
- Grouse Mountain
Grouse Mountain is not only Vancouver's most beloved attraction, but it is also the lower mainland's go-to spot for any season. Just a short drive from downtown Vancouver, Grouse Mountain has something to offer everyone—locals and tourists included. Hiking and zip lining in the summertime are popular among guests, as well as paragliding, sightseeing, lumberjack shows, and much more. And when winter comes around, you can enjoy skiing and snowboarding down the slopes or choose from other seasonal activities like snowshoeing and sleigh rides. Grouse Mountain also has a wide range of eating options, from Lupins Cafe-style to casual dining at Altitudes Bistro and fine dining at The Observatory as a guest.
- Stanley Park
With majestic trees, scenic views of the water and mountains, and 400 hectares of natural forest to explore, you're sure to have a great time relaxing at Stanley Park. And there's something for everyone—whether you're looking to learn about local history or just have fun with the kids, you'll find it all here. So come on and enjoy all Vancouver's famous park has to offer!