About Overland Park
Overland Park, Kansas is a thriving city located in Johnson County. It's the second-most populous city in the entire state, and its distinct neighborhoods are bursting with tons of interesting things to do. Whether it's one of the many shopping centers and malls around town or one of the impressive parks that line the south line of Overland Park, there's definitely something for everyone here. Production has also been on the rise recently - from full-length feature films to various smaller projects, there are plenty of opportunities for filmmakers.
With lots of parking garages and picturesque apartments scattered throughout downtown, photoshoot locations are ample as well! And if you're looking for something fun to share with your friends - did you know that Overland Park is where actor Rob Riggle was born? Bet you didn't know that!
Photo Shoot Options in Overland Park
If you're looking for a high-quality photo shoot, it's worth considering hiring a professional photographer. Overland Park is home to several talented photographers who can help you capture the perfect shot.
- Makeup and Hairstyle
In addition to a photographer, you may want to consider hiring a makeup artist and hairstylist. This can aid in the preparation of your photo shoot by ensuring that you look your best.
- Equipment Rental
Being without your own photography equipment doesn't have to be a setback. There are plenty of companies in Overland Park willing to rent out their gear for cheap. This is an excellent way to save money on your photo shoot without compromising quality.
Photo Shoot Vendors in Overland Park
- Kevin Ashley Photography
Kevin and Ashley work together as professional photographers in Overland Park, Kansas, just outside of Kansas City. Kevin started the studio in 2005, with Ashley joining him three years later in 2008. They enjoy being able to capture special moments for couples, families, and businesses alike. Kevin and Ashley photograph portraits, as well as commercial work, such as headshots, family photographs, elders, architecture, and product photography. Every year they shoot a small number of weddings and destination weddings. They'd be delighted to capture images of your family or company as it continues to develop!
- Shannon Hughey Celebrity Hair & Makeup Artist
Shannon is a hair and makeup artist based in Overland Park, Kansas. Shannon has worked as a professional makeup artist for over 15 years, including 20 iconic Hollywood celebrities. In addition to her work in film and television, Shannon also works as a freelance makeup artist for weddings, special events, and photo shoots. Shannon's passion is to make every client feel gorgeous, self-assured, and vibrant. If you're seeking a red-carpet look without having to leave your home, Shannon Hughey can help turn your personal Hollywood Glam Style into reality.
- Adrienne Maples Photo Studios
Adrienne is a commercial photographer and creative director based in Overland Park. She believes that images that stand out require a complete process, from start to finish, managed by a professional who can offer guidance and see the project through entirely. Adrienne specializes in directing people and capturing personalities to create portraits with impact, lifestyle branding editorials, and emotional advertising campaigns. With every new project undertaken, she has a vision - until it's completed exactly as intended.
Pros and Cons of Photo Shoots in Overland Park
Overland Park, Kansas is a great place for photo shoots due to its variety of scenic locations and diverse photography opportunities. While there are many advantages to choosing Overland Park as the backdrop of your next shoot, there are also some drawbacks that should be considered before booking a photo session in this city. The following list will explore the pros and cons of photo shoot locations in Overland Park.
- Overland Park is home to a vast array of picturesque parks and trails, offering a wide range of visually stimulating backdrops for photos or videos.
- In addition to its natural landscapes, Overland Park boasts vibrant urban settings such as downtown areas filled with shops and restaurants that can make for exciting scenes in photos or videos.
- The weather in Overland Park tends to be mild year-round, providing good conditions for outdoor shoots throughout the majority of the year.
- The city is located close to Kansas City and other nearby cities, allowing easy access to additional venues if needed.
- Some areas may require permits or fees for photography shoots on public land.
- It’s important to note that shooting at certain locations during peak tourist season may result in large crowds making it difficult to capture quality shots without interruption.
- While the weather is generally mild all year round there can be unexpected temperature extremes due to humid air masses coming up from the south that could disrupt a planned outdoor shoot.
- Many large-scale events take place at venues throughout the city throughout the year so venues may become booked at short notice which could affect photo shoot plans if not accounted for ahead of time.
Tips on How to Organize Photo Shoots in Overland Park
When preparing for a photo shoot in Overland Park, there are many details to consider. To ensure that the shoot goes smoothly and is the best it can be, here are some tips on how to properly organize and prepare a photo shoot location in Overland Park:
- Check out the location in advance: Before selecting a location for your photo shoot, it is important to visit the space first to make sure it meets all of your requirements. You should also determine if there are any permits or fees required to use the space. Additionally, research any local rules and regulations that may impact your photo shoot.
- Make sure there is adequate lighting: Proper lighting is essential for achieving desirable photos. If you’re taking outdoor photos, evaluate how much natural light will be available at your selected time slot and plan accordingly using either natural light or additional lighting equipment as needed.
- Scout out appropriate backgrounds: When scouting out potential locations, consider places that offer interesting backdrops that will stand out in your photos such as benches, buildings, walls, etc. Also, consider factors like colors and textures which can create an aesthetically pleasing background or provide contrast when needed.
- Communicate your needs to everyone involved: Make sure you communicate any specific needs and expectations ahead of time with everyone involved in the process – including models, vendors, crew members, and other stakeholders – to ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible on the day of the photo shoot.
- Bring extra supplies: Always come prepared with extra supplies such as props, clothing items, makeup, and accessories just in case something doesn't go according to plan during the photo shoot. Having extra supplies handy will save you from having to rush around looking for items at the last minute.
- Practice social distancing guidelines: To keep everyone safe and healthy during the photo shoot make sure everyone follows proper social distancing guidelines such as wearing masks and maintaining six feet of distance between individuals whenever possible.
Famous Locations in Overland Park
- Museum at Prairiefire
The Museum at Prairiefire is a nonprofit organization dedicated to scientific, cultural, artistic, and natural history learning and engagement. The museum has various exhibits on a range of themes as well as a hands-on learning center, classrooms, and an auditorium. In addition to presenting regular events, interactive activities, and programs for children and adults, the Museum at Prairiefire provides varied programs throughout the year.
- Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
The Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens is a 300-acre public garden that includes over 1.5 miles of walking routes, several gardens, and an outdoor amphitheater. The Arboretum has a diverse range of plants, including trees, shrubs, and flowers, as well as numerous birds and other animals. At the gardens, visitors may participate in several educational programs, activities, and classes. The Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens was founded to stay ahead of environmental and ecological concerns. You can visit any time of year to participate in a variety of age-appropriate activities, programs, and events as well as get out from it all and relax in Mother Nature's embrace.
- Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art
The Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art is the perfect place to explore new ideas and experience art in a unique setting. The Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art has one of the most cutting-edge and innovative collections in the world today, thanks to its consistently changing exhibitions featuring both emerging and established artists. A permanent collection with more than 3,000 works is housed within the museum, which also hosts many important displays of leading-edge contemporary art from throughout the Midwest. The Nerman Museum also hosts educational programs, events, and workshops throughout the year.