About New York
From quintessential street food vendors to beloved landmarks like Central Park or Times Square - there are unique vibes around every corner that can only be experienced by being here. The Statue of Liberty was initially intended as a lighthouse instead of a symbol of freedom. And New York was also the first state to ratify the Bill of Rights in 1788. Did you know that the subway system has over 500 stations? This makes it one of the longest public transportation systems in the world. Additionally, The Bronx Zoo houses over 6,000 animals from 650 species, making it one of North America's largest metropolitan zoos.
New York is a bustling metropolis full of life and energy. It's the perfect destination for corporate dinners, as there is something to suit everyone's taste. The fantastic selection of restaurants there offers dishes from around the globe, so you are sure to pick something delicious no matter what cuisine you prefer. So, from Michelin-starred establishments to hole-in-the-wall eateries, New York has many food options for your corporate dinner. When it comes to drinks, you can choose from classic cocktails at speakeasies or trendy craft beers at the many beer gardens spread across the city.
Corporate Dinner Options in New York
- Furniture Rentals
Furniture rentals are a great way to add comfort and style to any corporate dinner. With a wide variety of items available, you can select the great pieces for your event, from tables and chairs to bar stools and couches. Renting furniture allows you to customize your space, letting you create the theme you want without purchasing or storing permanent furnishings.
Professional services help capture the essence of a corporate dining experience. Quality photographers understand how to use lighting, composition, and angles that best showcase the occasion. After the event, you will receive digital and printed copies of your photos. This will allow you to easily share them with colleagues, friends, or household members.
DJs are a significant part of any social gathering, including corporate dinners. As well as playing music that gets everyone in a celebratory mood, DJs also have MC skills to keep the atmosphere upbeat and lively. They are experienced in setting up their sound systems for events in any size venue, ensuring everyone can hear their playlist clearly throughout the night.
Corporate Dinner Vendors in New York
Rentquest is a furniture and prop rental company in New York City, offering custom builds and one-of-a-kind pieces that are a good fit for any function. The team sources the latest design trends, from illuminated displays to trendy banquettes, to ensure clients are always on the cutting edge of style. Whether you're planning a corporate dinner, corporate retreat, social event, photo shoot, product launch, or fashion show (to name a few), their high-end products and expert design consulting services will impress. They offer additional solutions like lighting design, step and repeat graphics, and custom branding.
- Inmayra Taveras Event Planning LLC
Inmayra Taveras Event Planning offers all-inclusive services to remove the stress from planning, designing, and decorating your event. With their expert, Inmayra, you'll have an added touch of opulence. Not only that, but the team may also coordinate with their strategic vendor partners to ensure your corporate dinner goes off without a hitch. With gorgeous faux flower centerpieces and backdrop arrangements, you'll have savings to add enhancements to your package.
- Andre Maier Photography
The team at André Maier Photography will document your corporate dinner, seminar, presentation, or corporate event using a candid, reportage-style approach without needing too many directions. The photography style is professional and, most importantly, without any awkward angles. Since the team has experience with large and small events, you can rest assured you will get an excellent output without stressing over the documentation.
Pros and Cons of Corporate Dinners in New York
Corporate dinners in New York City are popular events that allow businesses to network with other organizations and celebrate accomplishments and special occasions.
- Great way to build relationships with clients and employees: Corporate dinners allow employers to develop relationships while enjoying an upscale dinner.
- Chance to make a strong impression: Businesses can impress potential clients and strengthen relationships with existing customers in a luxury setting with corporate dinners.
- Variety of food selections: From traditional American fare to exquisite ethnic cuisine, New York City offers a wide variety of dining options for corporate dinners.
- Time-consuming planning process: Arranging a successful corporate dinner requires considerable time and effort as it involves researching venues, deciding on menu items, sending out invitations, etc.
- Limited seating availability: In New York City, space is always at a premium, and some venues may be unable to accommodate the size of certain parties due to restricted accommodation availability.
- Schedule conflicts due to holidays/weekends: It can be complicated for businesses to find times when all attendees are available due to holidays or weekends, when some people may be away from the office or have prior engagements.
Tips on How to Organize Corporate Dinners in New York
With the vast diversity of venues, cuisine types, special requests, and unique needs of corporate affairs, it is crucial to plan and adhere to certain key steps. Here are some tips:
- Start with the budget: Establishing a realistic forecast with your team or client beforehand will help you narrow down the best options for your event. Allocate enough resources to cover the essentials such as venue rental fees, catering costs, equipment rentals, taxes, and gratuities.
- Choose appropriate cuisine: The food served at a corporate dinner should reflect the occasion and please all attendees’ taste buds, especially if you’re trying to make a good impression on potential clients or investors. Consider dietary restrictions, allergies, and preferences when selecting from dozens of culinary options across New York City.
- Explore amusement options: Corporate dinners typically require more than great food. It's significant to contemplate what entertainment best fits the event’s atmosphere. Whether you opt for live music performances or interactive activities like trivia games or karaoke, confirm that they align with your company’s goals and objectives so everyone can appreciate themselves while staying focused on the task.
Famous Locations in New York
- Panorama of the City of New York
The Panorama of the City of New York exhibit at the Queens Museum is a stunning feat of architectural model-making. Constructed for the 1964 World’s Fair, this miniature cityscape is a sight to behold. Built at a scale of one inch to 100 feet, the model is incredibly detailed and includes all five boroughs of New York City. The stunning feature of the exhibit is the lighting which cycles from dawn to dusk to night, giving viewers a truly immersive experience. With over 895,000 individual structures, every building in the city as of 1992 is represented here. The sheer size of the model is overwhelming, and one can only imagine the amount of time and skill that went into its creation. Newly added items are crafted from plastic or plexiglass, continuing to add to this living model of NYC.
- Berenice Abbott’s New York Album, 1929
Step back in time to a New York City that was both gritty and glamorous with Berenice Abbott's iconic black-and-white photographs. The Met's exhibition is a treasure trove of the renowned photographer's work, showcasing 266 small but arresting images of the city's landscape and people. It's a photographic sketchbook that Abbott intended only as a brief trip, but she was hooked on one look at New York City. Abbott's keen eye for detail brings skyscrapers, bridges, elevated trains, and neighborhood life to life in a magical way. It is difficult not to be captivated by her world and to fully agree with her statement: "this is what I've always wanted to do."
- Jacob Riis Park Beach, Far Rockaway
Nicknamed "The People's Beach" for its accessibility via public transit, this three-mile stretch of clean sand is just a short train ride and local bus or ferry away from the city. But what sets this beach apart is its new Bazaar, featuring some of the best food in NYC. The Bazaar doesn't just offer food; they also have live shows, dance events, games, and vendors selling various items such as bathing suits and vintage clothes. So why just get a tan when you can also savor amazing eats and entertainment at this fun beach?