About New Orleans
New Orleans is a vibrant city in the southeastern United States, located on the Mississippi River. It is known for its distinct culture, diverse population, and rich history. The city boasts unique architecture, lively festivals and parades, and delicious Creole cuisine. With its balmy climate and plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy year-round, New Orleans is a popular destination for tourists and business travelers.
The weather in New Orleans is generally mild throughout the year, with average temperatures ranging from 48-85 degrees Fahrenheit (9-29 Celsius). The summers are humid and quite hot, while winters tend to be mild with occasional cold snaps. There are many activities to partake in outdoors due to the warm weather, including biking, golfing, swimming in Lake Pontchartrain or along the Gulf Coast beaches, or visiting nearby national parks such as Jean Lafitte National Historic Park & Preserve just outside of town.
Nature lovers will appreciate the unique wildlife that populates Ouachita National Forest near Hot Springs National Park, about four hours north of New Orleans and Barataria Preserve just south of the city.
New Orleans is an ideal location to host corporate events since it offers a variety of amenities such as fine dining restaurants, luxurious hotels, museums & galleries showcasing local artwork, and upscale spas & salons for pampering guests after an exhausting day full of meetings or presentations. Additionally, the city’s proximity to major airports makes it convenient for attendees flying in from out of town, and ground transportation options like taxi services or rental cars for those looking to explore all New Orleans has to offer during their stay. Finally, given its rich cultural heritage, plenty of entertainment options are available, including live jazz music at one of many venues around town or guided tours through historic districts like the French Quarter.
Corporate Event Options in New Orleans
An essential element of any corporate event, flowers can be used to create a sophisticated atmosphere or to bring some color and life into the venue. Professional florists in New Orleans are experienced in creating large-scale arrangements and color palettes that reflect your brand. Whether you’re looking for colorful blooms or classic white roses, they can create something special to enhance your event.
- Furniture Rentals
A great way to customize your corporate event is with furniture rentals. Many companies in New Orleans offer a wide variety of seating options, tables, bars, and more for rent. Their products range from contemporary and modern pieces to vintage sofas and chairs that will help make your space unique and memorable.
Catering can make or break any corporate event, so it's important to hire the right company for the job. In New Orleans, several highly-rated catering services specialize in corporate events and can provide delicious food while covering all the details. They will work with you on menu options and presentations and can even provide custom items such as branded napkins or food stations with printed logos.
Corporate Event Vendors in New Orleans
- Balloons By Fanny Nola
Stephany Braud is a professional balloon artist who heads up the team at Balloons by Fanny, an establishment that has brought joy and wonder to events since 2019. With a flair for imagination and a keen eye for detail, Stephany sees her work as more than just a job - it's a dream factory. She takes great pride in transforming her client's visions for the perfect event into unforgettable, technicolor realities. At Balloons by Fanny, Stephany offers great balloon artistry, helping people liven up corporate events, birthday parties, social gatherings, and more.
- Harkins Flowers
Harkins offers a personalized touch to every arrangement, tailoring each order to suit each customer's needs and tastes. And with their deep community roots, Harkins knows what it takes to brighten someone's day with the perfect bouquet. Whether you're looking to send a romantic gesture or organize a corporate event decor, Harkins can be a valuable source for stunning flowers that will make a lasting impression.
- Joel Catering and Special Events
Joel Catering and Special Events have provided reputable catering and event planning services. Led by founder Joel Dondis, who has an extensive background in the industry, the company boasts a robust team with 50 years of combined experience in the food industry. They offer a full suite of catering services and event planning, ensuring that every detail of your corporate event is accounted for.
Pros and Cons of Corporate Events in New Orleans
Hosting a corporate event in New Orleans can be an exciting and rewarding experience. It offers a unique atmosphere with its food, culture, and entertainment for guests. However, some pros and cons should be considered when hosting a corporate event in this city.
- The city is well-known for its rich cultural heritage, making it an ideal destination for all corporate events.
- Visitors will have many exciting attractions to explore, from the iconic French Quarter to the Garden District.
- It’s home to numerous high-end venues that offer superior service and state-of-the-art equipment perfect for hosting large events like conferences or product launches.
- While plenty of stunning venues are available, they can often come with higher rental fees than other locations due to their popularity among large corporations.
- The weather in New Orleans can get hot and humid during the summer months, making it difficult to find indoor venues during the peak season.
- The city’s public transportation system is limited, so guests may need private transportation services if they are coming from outside the area.
Tips on How to Organize Corporate Events in New Orleans
Organizing a corporate event in New Orleans can be an exciting and rewarding experience. New Orleans is perfect for a memorable corporate gathering with its rich culture, vibrant music, and picturesque scenery. Here are some tips to help make your event planning process easier:
- Research Venues: When choosing a venue for your corporate event, it’s important to consider the size of the space, the amenities provided (such as Wi-Fi and audio-visual equipment), catering options, and any special requirements you may have. You can search for venues online or consult local event planners for recommendations.
- Set a Budget: A realistic budget will help narrow your venue choices. Make sure to factor in additional costs that may arise during the planning process, such as decorations or entertainment.
- Develop an Agenda: Be sure to plan out all of the details of your agenda so you know exactly what will happen during your event. Consider activities and breaks throughout the day so attendees aren’t overloaded with too much information at once.
- Consider Catering Options: Food is always an important part of any event, so be sure to plan when it comes to catering options. Consider dietary restrictions and allergies when choosing dishes for your menu.
Famous Locations in New Orleans
- French Quarter
Nestled along the winding banks of the mighty Mississippi River lies the French Quarter of New Orleans, the city's crown jewel. Its elegant architecture undoubtedly commands the attention of the throngs of tourists that visit here, but the food and entertainment keep them coming back. The French Quarter is a veritable feast for the senses, from beignets to po'boys and jazz to blues. Its history is vibrant, and as visitors wander through the charming narrow streets and alleys, they are transported back to a bygone era.
- Mardi Gras
New Orleans is known for many things, but perhaps none more iconic than its annual Mardi Gras celebration. For two weeks leading up to Shrove Tuesday, the city lights up with parades, costumes, and all kinds of revelry. It's a spectacle, with floats decorated in every imaginable theme and onlookers clamoring for the coveted throws of beaded necklaces. As the days pass, the excitement builds to a fever pitch until finally, on the day before Ash Wednesday, the city explodes in an unforgettable display of joy and celebration. It's a party that can only be found in New Orleans and leaves a lasting impression on all who experience it.
- National WWII Museum
Situated in the eclectic city of New Orleans, the National WWII Museum is a must-visit destination for history buffs and curious travelers alike. With engaging exhibits and dynamic documentary snippets, the museum vividly brings the war to life, showcasing the sacrifices and bravery of those who fought on both sides. Divided into three sections, the museum highlights the different theaters of war, chronicling the battles fought in the Pacific and Europe. And for aviation enthusiasts, the third building features an impressive collection of WWII aircraft that will leave you in awe. Whether you're a local or visiting from out of town, the National WWII Museum is a gem you won't want to miss.