About Kansas City
Kansas City is a city of great distinction, with a rich history and culture that's sure to delight any traveler. Nestled in the heart of Missouri, Kansas is called "The City of Fountains" due to its numerous fountains scattered all over the city. Beyond its iconic water features, however, Kansas City is also known for its world-class barbeque, craft beer scene, and unique urban architecture.
But more than just being a tourist hotspot, Kansas City has made countless contributions to the world of arts and entertainment. Due in large part to its thriving music scene, the city has become an ideal destination for live musicians and performers. From intimate jazz clubs to large arenas, there are plenty of places for performers to take center stage. Plus, these spaces are designed with comfort in mind so that audiences can truly enjoy every show they see without worrying about the environment around them.
With so many amazing venues available throughout town, performers have plenty of opportunities to shine in Kansas City. Whether it's opera house performances or art shows in converted warehouses, there are plenty of places that cater to different needs when it comes to showcasing creativity in this town.
Performance Options in Kansas City
- Audiovisual Services
For those looking to host larger-scale performances such as concerts or theatrical productions, professional audiovisual services can be hugely beneficial. Professional audio and visual companies provide the best quality equipment as well as experienced technicians that ensure everything runs smoothly during any event.
- Creative Agency
An agency that offers creative direction for performances can often provide unique ideas and approaches that make your event stand out from others. This helps bring your vision to life by providing creative solutions such as custom-set designs, art installations, and other unique touches.
- Promotional Services
Hiring promotional teams, such as publicists and marketers, is an important part of organizing performances in Kansas City. This helps to spread awareness about your event throughout local communities through various forms of advertising, such as print or online campaigns, to reach potential customers and increase engagement at each performance.
- Live Streaming Services
Live streaming services are becoming increasingly popular for performers looking to reach a wider audience. By streaming performances online, artists can reach thousands of viewers without having to worry about ticket sales or venue capacity. Professional video production companies’ live-streaming services will make sure your performances have crystal-clear audio and video for an optimal viewing experience.
Performance Vendors in Kansas City
- Platinum XP
Platinum XP is an event planning agency that offers comprehensive and high-quality services for any kind of event. The agency comprises divisions that specialize in planning, management, audiovisual services, graphics, media, and virtual events. Whatever your requirements may be, Platinum XP will work closely with you to achieve your vision, all while keeping your budget in mind. The agency's graphics division is particularly noteworthy, as it brings creative design and fabrication expertise to your event, using innovative products to highlight your brand. From films to motion graphics to audible experiences, Platinum XP's AV division then integrates all these elements for a seamless and extraordinary experience.
- Soli Printing
Soli Printing has established itself as the go-to business printing partner for many leading corporations and organizations in Kansas City since 1975. With a focus on creative solutions for clients' print communications and integrated marketing, Soli Printing's staff is always available to assist in planning your projects. In addition to traditional printing services, Soli Printing offers a variety of substrates for large indoor and outdoor signage, prepress and design services, and promotional products such as branded apparel and accessories. Whatever your creative vision may be, the team of professionals at Soli Printing brings over four decades of experience and production knowledge to make your projects stress-free.
- A to Z Video & Photo
For over 15 years, A to Z Video & Photo has been providing top-notch video production services to events and occasions of all types and sizes in the KC Metro area. Their dedicated team of professionals can handle every aspect of the production process, from conception to final edits. Utilizing cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art equipment, they produce high-quality videos that capture the essence of the event. Whether it's a dance recital, corporate event, or even a live video streaming, A to Z Video & Photo offers a wide range of affordable services including aerial video/drone, commercials, duplication, video editing, photography, and more.
Pros and Cons of Performance Spaces in Kansas City
Kansas City is a fantastic place to organize performances, as it has a lot of cultural and entertainment options. Whether you prefer a theater or an outdoor arena, there are plenty of choices. While these performance spaces offer an array of advantages and disadvantages, certain factors should be taken into account when planning a show in Kansas City.
- In Kansas City, organizers have a range of performance spaces to choose from, including both big arenas and small theaters.
- The city has become increasingly popular as an entertainment hub which leads to higher attendance and ticket sales.
- The cost of living and average wages are lower compared to other large cities, making it more affordable for organizers to pay employees involved in their productions.
- With its central location within the US, there is easy access from anywhere in the country which makes it easier for performers and guests alike to get there without too many complications or costs associated with travel.
- Since it’s such a popular destination for events, competition can be high when trying to book venues; this may make finding an appropriate space difficult or expensive during peak times.
- Weather may be unpredictable at times due to its midwestern location. If you are planning outdoor performances this could cause some disruption or safety concerns.
- Traffic congestion can be an issue as well; rush hour traffic can disrupt your schedule or cause delays when traveling between sites during setup/tear-down phases of production.
- Logistics may also become problematic due to transportation limitations since the public transit system is not as comprehensive as those in larger cities like New York or Los Angeles.
Tips on How to Organize Performances in Kansas City
Organizing a performance in Kansas City requires careful planning and preparation. It is essential to consider the size of the venue, sound quality, equipment needs, as well as safety and accessibility issues to ensure the success of the event. Here are some tips that will help you improve performance spaces and create an amazing experience for your guests.
- Make sure the space can accommodate: Before planning out the details of a show, it is important to have an accurate understanding of the physical space you will be using. Take into account factors such as seating capacity, accessibility requirements, ventilation systems, and other health and safety regulations. Ensure that there is enough space for performers and audience members alike while still allowing for an intimate experience.
- Secure proper permits and licenses: Before any performance can take place, all proper permits and licenses must be acquired. This is especially true for venues that serve alcohol or plan to host a large gathering of people. It is also important to look into any restrictions on sound levels as well as any relevant zoning laws.
- Pay attention to lighting and aesthetics: Lighting and aesthetics play a huge role when it comes to performances in Kansas City, so make sure you pay attention to both when organizing your space. Consider using interesting lighting fixtures or setting up props or decorations that match the theme of your event.
- Invest in the right equipment: Investing in quality audio and lighting equipment will dramatically improve the overall atmosphere of the event and give performers access to the tools they need to deliver their best work without technical issues getting in their way. It is also wise to invest in additional items such as microphones, amplifiers, or even instruments if needed by performers on stage so that they do not have to provide their own equipment each time they come back for another show.
- Create marketing materials: Preparing promotional materials such as flyers or posters can help draw attention to your event and reach potential audiences who may not know about your show otherwise. Social media platforms are also crucial for spreading awareness about your performance, so make sure your event page is up-to-date with all relevant information regarding dates, times, and locations. Additionally, consider reaching out directly to local radio stations or newspapers, if possible, to gain even more publicity for your event before it takes place!
Famous Locations in Kansas City
- Boy and Frog
In Kansas City, Missouri, amidst the upscale Country Club Plaza, there sits a peculiar fountain that draws attention from passersby. A chubby, naked boy and a large frog stand facing one another, with the amphibian spitting water at the boy. Beneath them sits a less-than-pleased faun, holding up the marble basin. The artwork was crafted by sculptor Raffaello Romanelli in Florence, Italy, and installed in 1929. Despite the unusual subject matter, the fountain has become an endearing fixture in the community, regularly drawing visitors to the area. With its whimsical design and historical significance, it is no wonder that the Boy and Frog Fountain has become a beloved artifact of Kansas City.
- World’s Largest Shuttlecocks
On the large lawn of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, visitors can see four giant shuttlecocks that are scattered near the museum building. Each one stands tall at 18 feet, making them the largest shuttlecocks in the world. These unusual aluminum and fiberglass artworks were created by the famous artist team of Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen in July 1994. Their inspiration came from a Frederic Remington painting depicting Native Americans donning feathered headdresses, and a satellite image of the museum grounds displaying a grassy ball court. Today, these shuttlecocks are a beloved and iconic symbol of Kansas City and can be found on the front and back of the museum building.
- The National Museum of Toys and Miniatures
Established in 1982, The National Museum of Toys and Miniatures is a one-of-a-kind attraction that is sure to capture the imagination of visitors of all ages. Located on the University of Missouri, Kansas City’s campus, this museum features an impressive collection of historic toys and folk art, as well as the world's largest collection of fine-scale miniatures. While the museum's extensive collection of toys and miniatures dates back hundreds of years, visitors will also find plenty of familiar items from recent decades, making it a perfect destination for those seeking a little bit of nostalgia.