With a population of about 850,000, Indianapolis is the most populous city in Indiana. A planned city, Indy rests at the midpoint of the state, and four primary Interstate Highways pass through it. Also known as the Crossroads of America, Indy has several fascinating historical tidbits.
Infamous gunslinger John Dillinger and his gang once shot up the Slippery Noodle Inn, which is the oldest bar/dining establishment in the state. Albert Von Tilzer, an Indy native, penned “Take Me Out to the Ballgame.” Perhaps most notably, Circle City hosts the annual Indianapolis 500 race.
The Indy 500 has continuously drawn in visitors from across the globe, since its inception in 1911. Given its central location and the list of gatherings that take place in the city each year, you should consider renting a reunion location in Indianapolis.
Reunion Options in Indianapolis
With a wide range of drink options available, professional bartenders can keep your guests happy and hydrated throughout the event. Their expertise proves beneficial in helping you set up a bar area and with the process of selecting drink pairings.
With an ace DJ on the decks, you are sure to have a packed dance floor at your reunion. The music maestro knows the right tunes to play that appeal to all ages and tastes. From chart-topping favorites to old-school classics, a DJ can keep the party going all night long.
- Event Decorator
If you are working with a theme, enlist the services of party decorators to transform your chosen space into your ideal reunion location. A consultation about your vision is enough for the best event decorators to work their magic. Best still, you won’t have to lift a finger and it is one less thing to worry about.
From live music and dance performances to fun games and magician shows, there are lists of ways to keep guests entertained at a reunion event. Popular choices include building a theme around it and hosting trivia nights, karaoke contests, or scavenger hunts.
- Event Rentals
From tables and chairs to linens and other essentials, event rental companies have everything you need to make your reunion exceptionally special. Best still, several of these businesses offer set-up and take-down services.
Reunion Vendors in Indianapolis
- Pour 2 Your Door
Pour 2 Your Door is a bartending service with over a decade of experience in the business. Their team excels at making special occasions successful by managing everything from the setup and cleanup. So whether you are organizing a wedding, birthday party, corporate function, or holiday get-together, they'll be there every step, ensuring everything runs perfectly.
- Track Seven DJ
Track Seven DJ prioritizes your wedding day by ensuring that it meets or exceeds all of your expectations. They provide exceptional security services as well as musical entertainment at diverse events. From classics to recent pop hits, with Track Seven DJ, you have control over every song played during your special occasion.
- Glow Party Pros
Alan Brown, the owner of Glow Party Pros, has over 20 years of experience in the entertainment business. For 10+ years, he has produced casino parties and other diverse events. He now offers LED games to rent for corporate functions, college events, high school reunions, private parties, and fundraising events.
Pros and Cons of Reunion Locations in Indianapolis
The city offers various event venues to suit different needs and budgets, making it an ideal choice for hosting large or small gatherings. However, there are pros and cons to choosing particular reunion locations in Indianapolis.
- From the downtown area to Fountain Square; Indianapolis has a variety of reunion locations, found across its distinct neighborhoods.
- Indy’s accessibility, via four primary interstates, makes it a perfect destination to host a reunion with guests coming from different parts of the country.
- The Skywalk system makes it easier to navigate the city, and your guests won’t have trouble making their way around if you go for a reunion location along the route.
- The summer months are the most pleasant to host any occasion but they are also the busiest. May, in particular, is when the Indy 500 festivities take place, and you risk losing out on venues without advance bookings.
- Traffic increases significantly during the peak season, and rush hour should also dictate your scheduling options.
- Depending on the time of year, holding a reunion may prove challenging. For instance, at holiday time, book your Indianapolis reunion space early to secure the best one for your needs.
Tips on How to Organize Reunions in Indianapolis
As any event planner knows, organizing a reunion is quite an undertaking. However, with proper planning, you can ensure your reunion goes off without a hitch. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Factor in Budget: It’s essential to consider the budget when choosing a reunion location. Fortunately, Indianapolis has many affordable options for various budgets, such as parks and community centers. If you would instead opt for something more upscale, there are plenty of venues to choose from at different price points.
- Estimate Attendance: Before committing to any location, estimate how many people will attend the reunion. This is so you can ensure that the location has enough seating or tables for everyone attending. Do not forget to account for any additional guests who may also show up!
- Communications: Once you have chosen a location for the reunion, it’s time to begin communicating with attendees about the date, time, and address of the event. Utilize social media platforms or email listservs, so everyone knows where to meet. You could also consult with local print or radio outlets if your reunion is open to members of the public.
- Entertainment Options: Check with potential venues about what entertainment possibilities exist at each one – this could range from karaoke machines and live music performances to pool tables and video game systems, depending on what kind of atmosphere you hope to create for your guests!
Famous Locations in Indianapolis
- Southport Antique Mall
Southport Antique Mall is one of the keystone businesses in the small town of Southport, Indiana. It has been open for over 25 years and offers more than 30,000 square feet of antique goods. It is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike, attracted by the wide range of items on offer and the friendly and helpful staff. Whether you're looking for a unique piece of furniture or a vintage collectible, Southport Antique Mall is sure to have what you want.
- Joseph J. Cole Jr. House
Joseph J. Cole Jr. House, a two-story residence built in 1924 for the president of the Cole Motor Car Company, is located on Meridian Street in Indianapolis. The 1.3-acre property features Late 19th and 20th Century Revival architecture and French Renaissance elements. It's also where the Cole Brouette No. 70611 historic motor car, also owned by the Cole family, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997, is housed. The 3rd Street area self-guided tour is open to visitors so they can explore this remarkable work for themselves.
- Morrison Block
The Morrison Block is a historical building in Indianapolis. It was built around 1870 and it rises four stories above the ground. The building was restored and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. It is well-known for its round-arched windows and projecting cornice. In 1871, the first grocery store in Indianapolis, opened by M. O'Connor, and later bought by Peoples Outfitting Company in 1874, started its operations in the area. The Morrison Block is now the home base for many businesses, such as restaurants, retail shops, and offices.