About Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale's long and rich history dates to the early 1800s. Once a sleepy fishing village, Fort Lauderdale is today the second-largest city in Florida. It was incorporated as a city in 1911 and quickly became a popular tourist destination thanks to its scenic waterways and beautiful beaches.
Today, Fort Lauderdale is an international destination for tourists from all over the world who enjoy its beautiful beaches and picturesque canals. For those interested in taking advantage of all that Fort Lauderdale has to offer while capturing stunning visuals, there are plenty of excellent video shoot locations that range from white sand beaches and crystal blue waters to tropical gardens with lush foliage or modern architectural marvels.
Moreover, the city also offers unique locations featuring rolling green hills lined by mangrove tunnels and old Florida charm with modern urban sophistication. With so many beautiful places ideal for video shoots within easy reach from Fort Lauderdale, filmmakers from across the globe flock here yearly!
Video Shoot Options in Fort Lauderdale
Several vendors in Fort Lauderdale offer equipment rentals for video shoots. This can be a great way to save money and get the necessary equipment without buying it yourself.
Fort Lauderdale has several experienced and talented videographers who can capture your video shoot perfectly. They'll work with you to create a cinematic experience that tells your story in the most visually stunning way possible.
Some food service businesses in Fort Lauderdale can supply delectable and nutritious meals for your video production crew. This is a crucial factor to consider since it will guarantee everyone has the energy to work long hours on set.
Staffing agencies in Fort Lauderdale can supply the human resources you require for your video production. These specialists will have the knowledge and abilities to ensure that your shoot goes off without a hitch.
Video Shoot Vendors in Fort Lauderdale
- Tomy Mishali Salon and Spa
Tomy Mishali Salon and Spa understands that beauty is more than what appears to the human eye. They believe that authentic beauty results from depth and character, achieved through a harmonious combination of interior and exterior factors. So to make you look and feel your best, Tomy Mishali Salon prides itself on providing high-quality hair and skin care. With various treatments available, they cater to each individual's needs to help bring out their natural beauty and prepare them for that video shoot!
- Starling Productions
Robert Starling has over 40 years of experience in video production. His company, Orlando-based Starling Productions, offers excellent services, including video production and management, camera and lighting rentals, drone operation, cinematography, underwater filming, post-production services, and specialty cameras. He also has a team of experienced audio technicians and production crew to take care of your shoot from start to finish. Starling Productions can cater to videos such as corporate, marketing, interviews, commercials, training, TV shows, documentaries, and more!
- Kamper's Kitchen
At Kamper's Kitchen, they think that grazing should be more than a meal. That is why each grazing box, platter, and board is carefully curated with care using local and fresh ingredients. In every combination, you'll discover a variety of gourmet cheeses, salamis, fresh fruits, olives, artisan crackers, and sweet/savory accouterments. Every box, board, and platter is also beautifully packaged in a gift tag, accompanied by a bag of handcrafted crackers and crisps. Perfect for on-the-go munchies!
Pros and Cons of Video Shoots in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale is an excellent destination for video shoots due to its proximity to the ocean and diverse landscape. From luxurious beachfront mansions to downtown hotspots and waterfront parks, Fort Lauderdale provides a wide variety of locations that make it an ideal place for film production. But before starting your project in the city, consider the pros and cons of choosing Fort Lauderdale as your next video shoot location.
- Fort Lauderdale offers easy access to picturesque locations you can use for video shoots, including white sand beaches, lush tropical gardens, vibrant marinas, historical sites, and natural wonders such as Everglades National Park.
- The city's proximity to Miami allows filmmakers to take advantage of the larger metropolitan area's vast entertainment industry resources.
- The local economy has seen steady growth over the past few years, so affordable housing options are available in Fort Lauderdale compared to other parts of Florida.
- While many excellent locations are available in Fort Lauderdale, some areas may become crowded with tourists during peak season (especially along the coastline).
- Some areas may require permits or special access permissions which could add additional costs to production budgets. These restrictions should be researched beforehand so filmmakers know what they are getting into before moving forward with a project.
- Transportation costs can add up quickly due to Fort Lauderdale’s geographical layout. Most locations require driving from one area to another, quickly becoming costly if distances are far apart or time is limited.
Tips on How to Organize Video Shoots in Fort Lauderdale
Organizing a video shoot location in Fort Lauderdale can be a daunting task. There are several factors to consider, ranging from cost and availability to accessibility and amenities. Here are some tips on having video shoot locations in Fort Lauderdale to ensure that your video shoot goes off without a hitch.
- Research and compare different film-friendly venues: When selecting a potential video shoot venue, it’s essential to research and compares multiple options. Consider factors such as cost, availability, size of the space, and amenities offered.
- Clarify rental terms and conditions: Read through all rental agreements and contracts carefully before signing them. Go over all details with the venue owner or manager and make sure that both parties understand each other’s expectations regarding scheduling, payments, and any additional costs associated with the shooting day(s).
- Double-check insurance requirements: Most venues require proof of insurance before allowing any filming activities on their premises. Make sure you contact your insurance provider to provide proof of coverage if necessary.
- Scout out the area before shooting: Once you’ve selected your ideal location, visit it beforehand to become familiar with its surroundings. This will help you identify potential problems, such as traffic or pedestrians, that may disrupt filming activities during the scheduled time frame.
Famous Locations in Fort Lauderdale
- Las Olas Beach
Las Olas Beach is an excellent spot for beachgoers who want to enjoy a more intimate location for hanging out. This beach is popular with locals and visitors alike, and it's easy to see why. The beautiful beach and amenities make it the perfect place to spend a day in the sun. Plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops are nearby, making it easy to grab a bite or pick up some supplies. And, of course, the beach chair and water sports equipment rentals are always handy.
- NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale
The NSU Art Museum is an exciting cultural center located in the art district of Fort Lauderdale, near Las Olas Boulevard. It is an excellent spot to take in some truly stunning art pieces. The museum's permanent collections boast more than 6,000 items, including a wealth of significant holdings by post-war European CoBrA artists and the nation's most sizable collection of works by American realist painter William Glackens. Dedicated to promoting the arts and collecting art, the NSU Art Museum was erected in 1986 on a plot of land that had formerly hosted an 18-hole golf course.
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
Just 35 minutes away by car from Fort Lauderdale, Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is a beautiful place to visit if you're ever in the area. The villa was built in 1916 as a winter retreat. It's a tribute to the Italian Renaissance, and the museum contains all the original furnishings and artwork. The gardens at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are just as lovely as the mansion. There is something for everyone at this beautiful facility, from its rose gardens to its orchid landscape.