If you're looking for a location to shoot your next video, Raleigh should be at the top of your list. The capital of North Carolina, Raleigh is the second-largest city in the state, known for its central location and sunny weather. Just a short drive from attractions like the beach, mountains, and large metropolises like Washington D.C. and Atlanta—not to mention being home to many colleges and universities—Raleigh is an ideal choice no matter what kind of video you're shooting.
With a rapidly growing population that offers diversity in people and cultures, Raleigh should be your go-to location for your next film project, corporate or independent. The city has a booming film industry and offers top-of-the-line production services, facilities, and an abundance of talented local crew and actors/actresses. So if you're looking to shoot a feature film or commercial spot, Raleigh has it all!
Video Shoot Options in Raleigh
- Makeup and Hair
Getting a professional team to do everyone’s hair and makeup is important to your video shoot. They know all the tips and tricks to ensure they all look natural and confident for their close-up.
Balloons can add a touch of fun and whimsy to your video shoot. They can be utilized as decorations on the set or in your photographs.
Fresh flowers can brighten up any setting and add a touch of elegance to your video shoot. Properly placed set pieces can give your viewers an extra layer of immersion.
Video Shoot Vendors in Raleigh
- Twenty-One Films
At Twenty-One Films, they believe that your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. That's why they specialize in producing beautiful, authentic wedding films that capture all the joy, laughter, and love of your special day. They realize that every couple is different and aim to produce a one-of-a-kind film that reflects your unique love story. They have over a decade of experience recording lovely wedding films in Raleigh, North Carolina, and would be more than happy to save your memories for eternity.
- Reveal You Beauty Studio
Reveal You Beauty Studio is dedicated to delivering its clients the highest quality of beauty products and services. They aim to help you look and feel your best by providing resources for radiant skin, gorgeous eyes, and beautiful hair. Their trust, integrity, and respect ensure they always offer excellent service with top-notch quality. They have plenty of services available, from makeup application and haircuts to facials and waxing. And if you need guidance or suggestions, their team of highly skilled professionals will assist you every step of the way!
- The BalloonZ Shop
They provide many different colors and designs to match any party motif. They have the perfect balloon décor for any celebration, whether a birthday or an engagement party. Their blowups are not only beautiful and vividly colored but also made of superior-quality material that is far more durable and resistant to tearing than ordinary latex balloons. They'll survive the entire party as well as several days afterward. If you're searching for the ideal party decorations, their selection of high-quality balloons is just what you need.
Pros and Cons of Video Shoots in Raleigh
Raleigh is an excellent city for video shoots because it has a lot of variety in locations. Despite this, location scouting can still be a challenge and organizers need to consider the pros and cons when deciding on the perfect spot for their next project.
- Raleigh has an abundance of talented local crew and actors/actresses who would be willing to help out with any video project.
- You can find several professional videographers with the right skills and equipment to get the best shots.
- With North Carolina's film industry making a comeback in recent years, you'll have access to top-of-the-line production services and facilities.
- There are plenty of makeup and hair artists available to give your actors and actresses camera confidence.
- It can be difficult to find affordable locations in the city.
- You may need to get permits from local authorities before the shooting, which is still subject to approval. Depending on the length and scope of your video project, you will have to apply for permit months in advance.
- You may have limited access to professional talent for certain types of projects.
- Competition for preferred locations can be intense and time-consuming.
- Restrictions on filming in public places may limit your options.
- Weather conditions can affect the quality of the footage.
Tips on How to Organize Video Shoots in Raleigh
Raleigh is teeming with picturesque spots that would be perfect for filming; the only problem is knowing where to begin. Here are a few pointers to get you started:
- Scout locations: Research the area for potential landmarks and businesses that can set an exciting scene. Additionally, use Raleigh-specific databases or check out previous films and TV shows that were filmed in the city to build a list of possible places. Now it's time to narrow down these options until you've found the perfect one!
- Picture the ultimate aesthetic: Do you crave a modern appearance? Or maybe something more classic is desired. Fortunately, Raleigh has countless options for each style, so take some time to decide which will blend perfectly with your creative vision. Once you have an idea of what kinds of places suit your preferences best, it's time to start exploring!
- Take a stroll of each prospective location: Picture what it would look like on camera. Is there plenty of light? Would people be passing by frequently? How straightforward will it be to arrange and dismantle gear? Don't forget to take some images or even make a test video so you can return back in time for reference.
- When visiting Raleigh, be sure to get permission before filming: The city authorities take this seriously and it's best not to risk any issues.
Famous Locations in Raleigh
- City Of Raleigh Museum
The City of Raleigh Museum is critical to understanding the history and culture of Black Americans in Raleigh. Housed in the 1874 historic Briggs Building, which used to be a hardware store, the museum aspires to protect and draw attention to the history of North Carolina's capital city while imagining its future. The City of Raleigh Museum has exhibits on a range of themes, including African-American history, art, and culture. In addition, the museum offers educational programs for children of all ages. The City of Raleigh Museum is an excellent resource for anybody interested in learning more about the history and culture of Black Americans in Raleigh.
- Lake Johnson Park (For Lake Lovers)
Lake Johnson Park is located in the heart of Raleigh, close to N.C. State University. Lake Johnson is one of Raleigh's best-kept beautiful, and it's a wonderful place to spend some time outdoors. Lake Johnson Park offers activities for all ages, including swimming, fishing, or just basking in the sun on a three-mile paved loop around the lake's eastern side or two miles of unpaved trail around its western side. With breathtaking views of Raleigh's skyline, it's no secret why this is one of our favorite places in the city. So whether you're a local or just visiting for a few days, be sure to put Lake Johnson on your list of things to do.
- The Free Expression Tunnel
The Free Expression Tunnel is a local landmark in Raleigh, North Carolina that is dedicated to art and expression. The student council decided in November 1967 that students would be allowed to paint art and messages in one of the pedestrian tunnels if they painted them before December 1st. Over time, the students at the university gave this tunnel the nickname "Free Expression Tunnel" because people are always painting it with different artworks, memorials, and slogans. Since anyone can paint the walls, the tunnel is always changing. The "Free Expression" policy on the website has very few rules, but this lack of regulation has led to some problems in the past. Nevertheless, the Free Expression Tunnel remains a popular destination for students and visitors alike who appreciate its unique artwork and message of free speech.