Charleston, South Carolina, is a vibrant city teeming with history, art galleries, and many fun attractions. This historic southern city offers something for everyone, from family-friendly fun and buzzing restaurants to numerous beaches, parks, and other natural wonders. With its beautiful waterfront views, it's no surprise that Charleston is consistently ranked as one of the most desirable cities to visit in the US.
In addition, Charleston has an abundance of unique corporate party venues for private events and business functions. From the iconic Sullivan’s Island Lighthouse to a stately plantation mansion, dozens of options are available for any type of corporate event. You can also opt for a traditional ballroom venue, an outdoor courtyard setting, or even a private yacht cruise along the harbor. Your corporate party will have all the elements it needs for success.
Hosting your corporate event in Charleston also provides access to local restaurants and shops offering delicious food, drinks, and souvenirs for guests to enjoy after the festivities. All these amenities make Charleston the perfect destination for any company gathering.
Corporate Party Options in Charleston
Catering for a corporate party in Charleston can be a great way to provide guests with delicious food. With many catering services available, it’s easy to find options that fit the event’s theme and budget. Many catering companies offer customizable menus and signature dishes prepared by local chefs that are sure to impress any crowd.
Having live music at a corporate party can add an extra layer of energy and ambiance. The talented musicians in Charleston specialize in genres like jazz, rock, reggae, classical, and more. Working with a local musician or band can help to create an extraordinary atmosphere for any event.
- Audio/Visual Equipment Rentals
Professional audio/visual equipment is essential for any corporate party setting up displays or presentations. Charleston audio/visual rental services offer high-quality audio-visual gear that includes everything from projectors and screens to wireless microphones, sound systems, and lighting equipment, providing an exceptional multimedia experience at your event.
Corporate Party Vendors in Charleston
- Lowcountry Photo Booth
Lowcountry Photo Booth is not your ordinary photo booth rental service. They focus on enhancing your guests’ experience with premier luxury by offering exceptional service and their passion for creating unforgettable memories. They strive to create a fun and engaging atmosphere for events of all kinds. Their photo booths feature a wealth of customization options, specialized backdrops, and cutting-edge technology, so clients can trust the professionals at Lowcountry Photo Booth to bring their event to life with a touch of glamour and flair.
- Charleston Chamber Players
The Charleston Chamber Players have been charming audiences with their soul-stirring performances since their formation in 1990. The trio consists of highly skilled musicians from the Charleston Symphony Orchestra playing the flute, oboe, and cello. They offer an extraordinary range of chamber music that caters to the diverse preferences of their listeners. Whether you're a classical music aficionado or enjoy experimental sounds, the Charleston Chamber Players will leave you mesmerized with their talent. Their performances truly reflect the beauty and sophistication of the Lowcountry's rich musical heritage.
- Charleston Catering
For over 40 years, Charleston Catering and Events has been providing top-notch catering services to the Lowcountry. As a business deeply rooted in the area's rich culinary tradition, they draw on generations of experience to create exquisite dishes that will impress even the most discerning palate. Their history begins in the 1980s with Baker's Café and Islands Catering and has since grown to include Bookstore Café, Charleston's Café, and Café Catering.
Pros and Cons of Corporate Parties in Charleston
Hosting a corporate party is an excellent way to establish relationships among team members, improve employee morale, and build brand awareness. But before organizing one, you must weigh the pros and cons of having a corporate party venue in Charleston to see if it’s the best option for your organization.
- Hosts can benefit from professional on-site staff in most of Charleston’s event venues to assist with setup, decorations, food, entertainment, and cleanup.
- Charleston's designated corporate party site often has ample space for guests to mingle and circulate during the gathering.
- Many venues come with amenities such as audio/visual equipment or furniture; you may not have access to such items if you host the event at your place of business.
- Some venues require hosts to use their preferred vendors (e.g., catering services) instead of allowing them to choose their own. It could lead to additional costs or a lack of desired options.
- Depending on the location, parking spaces may not be available or adequate for all event guests.
- If hosting outdoors, you must also factor in weather conditions that could affect plans for the day (e.g., rain).
Tips on How to Organize Corporate Parties in Charleston
Organizing corporate parties in Charleston can be a daunting task. With so many venues to choose from, it can be hard to know where to start. Fortunately, there are some tips and tricks that can make the process easier. Here are some ideas for organizing a corporate party in Charleston:
- Book early: Booking the venue three to six months before the targeted date is vital, especially if you plan an event during peak season (May-August). This will help ensure that you get the perfect spot for your celebration.
- Don’t overdo the decor: When decorating your venue, opt for understated elegance. Simple touches such as white linens, fresh flowers, and subtle lighting can go a long way toward creating a welcoming atmosphere for your guests.
- Pick the right caterer: Choose catering options that reflect the event's tone and local cuisine. Many venues offer pre-planned menus or customizable selections. You should always try the food before making your decision.
- Include entertainment: Don’t forget entertainment options like live music or games. This is an important part of keeping guests engaged throughout the evening. Local bands or DJs in Charleston can provide an added layer of fun at a minimal cost.
Famous Locations in Charleston
- Unitarian Church Cemetery
Amidst the hustle and bustle of Charleston lies the peaceful Unitarian Church Cemetery. While the paths are well-maintained, the trees have taken over some of the plots, providing shelter and shade for the resting souls. With an air of tranquility, the cemetery reminds visitors of the rich history and legacy of the city. Although it may seem eerily quiet, the cemetery is a testament to the vibrant and diverse community that has flourished in Charleston over the centuries.
- The Waring Historical Library
Located in Charleston, the Waring Historical Library is a stunning and informative tribute to the history of health sciences. With a vast collection of medical texts, images, and artifacts, it is a goldmine for anyone interested in the advancements of medicine throughout history. While perusing the shelves, one can't help but feel a sense of awe at the depth and breadth of knowledge and innovation within its walls. The Waring Historical Library is a must-visit for anyone seeking to expand their understanding of the evolution of health sciences.
- Nathaniel Russell House
Charleston is rich in historic homes and cultural sights to tour, and the Nathaniel Russell House is undoubtedly one of the best. It’s situated near the famous High Battery in downtown Charleston and is recognized as one of the nation’s most important neoclassical structures. It offers a glimpse into the intriguing lives of the mercantile elite, and the craftspeople and artisans who built their opulent homes, and those enslaved people who were forced to labor for their lavish lifestyles. Visitors are welcome to tour the house and witness the splendor of one of the most remarkable neoclassical dwellings in America.