Queens is a bustling borough of New York City and offers endless opportunities for dance shoots. Its diverse cultural heritage, renowned landmarks, and historic neighborhoods set the perfect stage for choreographers and filmmakers alike.
Queens makes an ideal backdrop for both indie and blockbuster films - from the picturesque gardens of Flushing, to the modern architecture of Long Island City, to the beach-front communities along Jamaica Bay and Rockaway Beach.
Whether in the heart of the Queens downtown area or deep into its ethnic neighborhoods, there are plenty of interesting locations for any type of film shoot. With its wide range of recreational opportunities such as museums, parks, libraries, restaurants, and much more – Queens truly has something for everyone.
Dance Shoot Options in Queens
A good DJ can make or break any event. If you're looking for someone to get everyone out on the dance floor, look for a club DJ. Or, if you need background music or reception tunes, find a wedding DJ instead.
- Food and Drinks
During a dance shoot, people get hungry and often need a break. Let your dancers stay focused by providing them with some nice snacks and drinks.
- Makeup and Hair
If you're seeking to feel gorgeous in Queens, many beauty salons can help. From makeup artists for a big night out to someone who can style your tresses for an upcoming event, you'll be able to find what you need.
Dance Shoot Vendors in Queens
- LMS Entertainment
LMS Entertainment is a small company that offers many services. They are proud of their transparency, reliability, and ability to provide tailored service to the individual. LMS Entertainment will work with you closely so that your event dreams come true. LMS Entertainment employs a team of dedicated professionals who only utilize the best equipment and techniques. They will work with you to meet your budgetary needs and ensure that your event is one to remember!
- Tropix Bar & Lounge
They want you to feel like a member of the family at Tropix. That's why they've spent years creating a friendly and welcoming atmosphere where people can let go and have a good time. They're a family-owned company with lots of expertise in the service industry. They're constantly looking for new strategies to enhance our services and make your Tropix experience the greatest. So drop by sometime - they'll undoubtedly make you feel welcome.
- Diana Beauty Queen Inc.
Diana Beauty Queen Inc. is more than just a beauty company - they are dedicated to providing services that make you look good and feel good. They want their clients to walk away feeling not only confident in their appearance but also in themselves. Whether finding the right style for you or helping you rediscover your inner confidence, Diana BeautyQueen Inc.'s goal is always to make sure you leave feeling like royalty. The stylists at this salon work hard to make everyone feel welcome in the relaxation-focused atmosphere. They give each client the individualized attention they need and deserve to ensure they love their new look.
Pros and Cons of Dance Shoots in Queens
When it comes to choosing a shoot location for your dance film, Queens offers a lot of options. Dance shoot locations in Queens, New York, have pros and cons. Here is a list of some of them:
- There are a lot of dance studios in Queens which can be used as locations for shoots.
- The Queens talent pool is diverse, so finding dancers of different backgrounds and experiences for shoots is relatively easy.
- Since it is located in the New York metropolitan area, many other resources like transportation, DJs, and support crews are readily available.
- It may be difficult to get permits to shoot in some Queens locations.
- Shooting in Queens can be more expensive than in other boroughs or locations outside New York City.
- The borough is large and sprawling, so it can be challenging to get around if you're unfamiliar with the area.
Tips on How to Organize Dance Shoots in Queens
As a professional dancer, you know that practice makes perfect. The same is true when it comes to organizing dance shoot locations. By taking the time to plan and map out your locations, you'll be able to make the most of your time and energy - and avoid any last-minute scrambling. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Choose a central location: If you're shooting in multiple locations, it's vital to pick a central meeting place where everyone can easily find each other. This could be a coffee shop, park, or even your home.
- Make a list of must-have shots: Before you start scouting locations, sit down and list the specific shots you need for your project. This will help you narrow down your search and save you time in the long run.
- Ask around for recommendations: Once you have a general idea of the kind of locations you're looking for, reach out to your network of dancers and see if anyone has any recommendations. Chances are, someone you know has already shot at a great spot that would be perfect for your needs.
Famous Locations in Queens
- Kissena Park
At Kissena Park, there's something for everyone. It's the perfect size for a peaceful walk or an afternoon of fun and exploration. The lake is clean and refreshing, ideal for hot days, while the racetrack provides non-stop entertainment. For those looking to stay active, try your hand at tennis, bocce, or softball. And if you're feeling competitive, stop by the velodrome to watch some bike racing!
Even if you're not familiar with contemporary sculpture, SculptureCenter is worth a visit. The space is small but experimental so you might see some unusual sculptures by both emerging and well-known artists. The Sculpture Center offers a diverse range of art forms, from abstract to figurative, and the displays are refreshed regularly, so there's always something new to see. In addition to the galleries, the SculptureCenter has an excellent garden worth taking a stroll through, even if you're not interested in any exhibits. Whether you're a severe art enthusiast or want something different to do on a Sunday afternoon, see SculptureCenter.
- NY Hall of Science
The NY Hall of Science is the best place to go if you're searching for an interactive science museum experience in New York City. It's a fantastic destination for children aged five and up, with several hands-on exhibits. If you like NASA rockets, you'll appreciate the ones on display outside the museum. Older persons may appreciate them, but they are unlikely to be worth your time unless you have kids in tow.