About North Vancouver
North Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities in Canada, located right at the doorstep of the stunning North Shore Mountains. Situated just across the Burrard Inlet from Downtown Vancouver, North Vancouver is renowned for its breathtaking landscapes and outdoor pursuits opportunities.
The city has multiple corporate offices, making it an ideal location for businesses looking to host events in one of Canada's most beautiful regions. With its urban and rural settings, North Vancouver offers an abundance of customizable venues for any corporate function. From modern conference centers with top-notch amenities to historic buildings with classic charm, there are plenty of places to do business in North Vancouver.
The city also offers parks and outdoor areas, perfect for planning large-scale gatherings or fun team-building activities. Numerous indoor venues, such as art galleries and theatres, provide unique backdrops for special occasions like product launches or award ceremonies.
Corporate Event Options in North Vancouver
Offering quality food and drinks ensures guests have a great experience. With a catering company, you can customize your menu to fit the theme and provide an unforgettable culinary experience. These services also enhance the atmosphere, creating a warm and inviting environment.
- Audio Visual Equipment Rental
When hosting a corporate event, the right audio-visual equipment is essential for creating a memorable experience. A rental company provides projectors, screens, microphones, and sound systems to enhance the experience.
- Photography/Videography Service
Capturing moments during a corporate function is crucial for future marketing and promotion. Professional photographers and videographers capture special memories to use on websites or social media platforms down the road for increased visibility and brand recognition.
- Custom Branding/Print Materials
Custom branding materials like personalized table runners or branded napkins/placemats show attention to detail and further promote your brand identity. Signs or banners hung around the venue communicate effectively.
Corporate Event Vendors in North Vancouver
- McMedia AV Services Ltd
McMedia AV Services Ltd is your go-to service provider for creating unforgettable events, producing incredible videos, and delivering top-quality rental AV gear in Vancouver. McMedia provides support throughout the event planning process, from concept to execution. The company offers event production, video and audio production, stage and backdrop setup, lighting design, and more services.
- Eyes Multimedia
Eyes Multimedia is a premier photography and video production company based in Vancouver, BC, with experience creating stories for clients across North America. The team offers comprehensive services, including event videography and photography, corporate videos, training videos, podcasts, and social media strategy solutions. Their network of filmmakers, photographers, editors, animators, and producers brings fresh ideas to businesses, helping them create inspiring stories that captivate their target audience.
- Bon Vivant Catering & Events
Bon Vivant Catering & Events is a full-service catering and events specialist providing top-notch hospitality services for over 25 years. They have experience producing corporate and special occasions for diverse clients, from small private celebrations to corporate events for global companies such as Royal Bank of Canada, TD Canada Trust, and Goldcorp. Bon Vivant Catering & Events is committed to accommodating every vision, budget, and thematic requirement.
Pros and Cons of Corporate Event Venues in North Vancouver
North Vancouver is a bustling city between the Pacific Ocean and the Coastal Mountains, providing a stunning landscape making it ideal for corporate events. However, there are advantages and disadvantages associated with holding a corporate event in this city.
- With easy access from the mainland and across the bridge to the North Shore, North Vancouver is well-connected to other parts of the province for easy transportation before/after meetings or events.
- With some of the most stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Mount Seymour nearby, North Vancouver is a great place to hold outdoor activities or team-building exercises.
- The mild temperatures throughout late spring/summer make it perfect weather for outdoor programs such as golfing or sailing on the harbor.
- Because it is well-connected to other areas via bridges and highways, traffic can become congested during peak hours, which can cause delays if parking off-site at remote lots.
- Since many people visit this area for vacations or business trips (including conferences), availability is limited during peak season due to pre-bookings.
- Unfortunately, due to its popularity as a destination spot, hotel accommodations are more expensive than other locations in BC or Canada.
Tips on How to Organize Corporate Events in North Vancouver
Organizing corporate events in North Vancouver can be challenging, given the large number of organizations and venues from which to choose. However, it does not have to be overwhelming. The following tips will help you create a memorable gathering that will impress attendees while being cost-effective.
- Ensure that the venue is easily accessible - Consider factors such as availability and suitability for the type of activity planned. Determine if the area has plenty of parking availability or if it is easy to get to via public transit or other transportation to make it easier for guests to attend.
- Set up an efficient registration process – This includes creating physical or digital sign-in sheets at the entrance or using visitor management software to create personalized badges. Additionally, plan by booking multiple computers and staff members to help manage registrations quickly and efficiently.
- Leverage local resources - Take advantage of local businesses in North Vancouver when searching for catering companies or decorators familiar with the area's culture and customs. It gives your event a unique flavor while saving money.
- Provide plenty of food & beverages – Have an array of food choices so everyone finds something they like. Additionally, make sure there are plenty of non-alcoholic drinks and alcoholic ones for those who choose to drink responsibly.
- Configure sound systems & lighting – Ensure audio equipment gets tested before guests arrive and test speakers or microphones. Additionally, select lighting fixtures to enhance your decor while providing adequate illumination for all areas, including stages and podiums.
Famous Locations in North Vancouver
- Capilano Suspension Bridge
Capilano Suspension Bridge Park is a top destination when visiting Vancouver. Featuring eight stunning suspension bridges, visitors can also explore Cliffwalk, Treetops Adventure, and the Story Centre. The park also honors British Columbia's First Nations people with its Kia'Palano exhibit, sharing the history of the totem poles found throughout the park. It is even more enchanting with beautiful sparkling lights during holidays. Visitors can easily access the park from downtown Vancouver thanks to a free shuttle service and daily tours of the city's sights.
- Eye of the Wind
The Eye of the Wind is a massive wind turbine located at the peak of Grouse Mountain, just north of Vancouver. Standing 5 meters tall and weighing over 250 tons, it is one of the most prominent features of the surrounding area. The turbine, completed in early 2010, also serves as a viewing deck for visitors. Beyond its aesthetic appeal, the Eye of the Wind is significant for representing Vancouver's first large-scale wind energy project and British Columbia's commitment to achieving zero-emission electricity self-sustainability.
- The Shipyards District
The Shipyards District, located next to Lonsdale Quay Market, has become one of North Vancouver's top attractions. With an abundance of restaurants, cafes, and shops, there's something for everyone to explore. Whether sipping on a fresh cup of coffee and indulging in a pastry or enjoying seafood and craft beer while admiring the unobstructed views of the Vancouver skyline, The Shipyards offers a relaxing and memorable experience. Visitors can also catch live performances on the weekends or attend one of the many festivals, concerts, or community events hosted here.