About North Vancouver
North Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities in Canada. Located on the North Shore of Vancouver, British Columbia, North Vancouver is between the Pacific Ocean to its West and the Coastal Mountain range to its East.
With its stunning views of the mountains and proximity to vibrant outdoor activities, it's no surprise that North Vancouver continues to draw more and more music fans every year. Whether you're looking for outdoor summer concerts in one of the many parks or a more intimate setting indoors at one of the numerous theaters or historical venues, North Vancouver has plenty of options for hosting live music events.
Spectacular venues in Lower Lonsdale offer unique waterfront views and heritage architectural elements. The city has a sound that suits every taste, from classical concert halls to small jazz clubs and cozy bars with local bands playing late into the night.
Concert Options in North Vancouver
- Music Management
Engaging a music management company provides a wealth of services, such as helping find talent, negotiating deals with venues and other service providers, coordinating travel arrangements for bands or artists, and managing promotion and publicity for the event. It helps relieve many of the stressors of organizing a concert.
- Sound & Lighting Technology
Invest in quality sound and lighting technology when putting on a show. Professional audio engineers select equipment that will work best for the space and provide the services of sound technicians who ensure optimal performance during concerts or performances. Additionally, using high-quality lighting equipment ensures attendees get an immersive experience.
- Video Production
Video production is essential to capture the energy and emotion of the event, which will help create lasting memories for both performers and audience members alike. Professional video production companies provide equipment and experienced videographers who can shoot, edit, and deliver high-quality videos.
- Security Services
For larger shows or festivals, have professional security personnel in place. They handle crowd management staff and individuals monitoring parking lots and entrances. Security personnel help foster a safe environment while allowing guests to enjoy a show without worrying about safety issues.
Concert Vendors in North Vancouver
- EMM Creative Arts Co.
EMM Creative Arts Co. is a creative agency that produces memorable and exceptional events. With a team of experts in art and creative direction, event planning, hospitality, and more, EMM Creative is well-equipped to bring any concept to life. The agency offers a range of services to its clients, including art curation, personalized entertainment, specialty food & beverage service operations, and hospitality management for VIPs, performers, and artists.
- A/V Strategies
Founded in 1998, AV Strategies is the largest privately-owned Canadian-based audiovisual supplier, with over 20 years of experience delivering first-class multimedia solutions and services for all events, including small meetings, conferences, and festivals. From site surveys and CAD drawings to 3D room renders, video and multimedia production, and stage management, they provide clients with a wide range of services.
- Starlide Inc.
Starlide Inc. is a leading media production company that provides businesses of all sizes with high-quality video production services. Their team of experienced sound engineers, production designers, and cinematographers bring their expertise to each project, creating stunning videos from concept to completion. With the ability to offer multi-camera filming, pre-recording, and live-streaming options, they provide a comprehensive solution that meets their budgetary and creative needs.
Pros and Cons of Concert Venues in North Vancouver
Concerts have long been a beloved form of entertainment in North Vancouver. With its vibrant atmosphere, year-round mild climate, and a strong sense of community, it is an ideal location for hosting concerts. However, there are some advantages and disadvantages to consider.
- The nature surrounding the city provides a backdrop for outdoor concerts, making them more memorable experiences.
- Due to its mild climate, summer concerts can be held year-round without worrying about inclement weather conditions detracting from the experience.
- It is easily accessible by public transit, making it conveniently located for those living in greater Vancouver.
- The competition between promoters can drive up ticket prices as they vie for bigger audiences and better performers.
- The influx of people during popular events can lead to overcrowding and traffic congestion, which may be challenging to manage with limited resources.
- There are stringent noise restrictions when planning outdoor concerts due to loud music or other sounds associated with the event that could disrupt nearby residential areas.
Tips on How to Organize Concerts in North Vancouver
Organizing a successful concert in North Vancouver requires a lot of preparation and skill. You should know your audience, find the right venue, and plan to ensure that everything goes as planned. Here are some tips on how to make your concert a success:
- Choose the Right Venue: Consider layout, sound system, seating capacity, acoustics, access to load-in/load-out areas, and parking. Also, check local regulations regarding noise levels and safety precautions when booking your chosen space.
- Get the word out: Letting people know about your event is just as important as planning it in the first place! Utilize social media platforms such as Instagram and Facebook, create posters or flyers to advertise around town, or send email invitations to those you think may be interested in attending.
- Practice Good Sound Engineering: Hire an experienced sound engineer to help set up proper microphones and speakers. It is especially essential for an outdoor event with more background noise than usual.
- Prepare Logistical Details: Ensure all logistical aspects are taken care of before the day of the show - this includes hiring staff (security guards, ticketing personnel, and ushering personnel), contracting catering services, and settling permits. Also, plan how you will handle crowd control, if necessary.
- Document Your Show: Keep track of attendance records by having guests sign in at entry points and take pictures during the performance. Keep an eye on the weather forecasts to get ahead of weather changes, and seek guidance from local authorities regarding other safety protocols.
Famous Locations in North Vancouver
- Grouse Mountain
Grouse Mountain is one of the most popular attractions in North Vancouver for good reason. This year-round destination offers visitors diverse activities and experiences, from watching the resident grizzly bears and cheering the loggers during the summer to enjoying the Peak of Vancouver. Fitness enthusiasts can challenge themselves by taking on the Grouse Grind, Mother Nature's Stairmaster, with 2,830 steps. Combine a trip to Grouse Mountain with Capilano Suspension Bridge Park to make it a day trip.
Since 2011, visitors to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park have had the opportunity to experience the exhilarating Cliffwalk - a series of narrow cantilevered bridges that cling to a granite cliff 110 feet above the Capilano River. Sixteen anchors, each hand-drilled into the cliff face up to 19 feet deep, hold the engineering marvel in place. To further secure the structure, over half a kilometer of steel rods have been drilled into the cliff as reinforcement. While there are numerous viewing platforms along the way for those daring enough to traverse the Cliffwalk, the faint of heart might want to avoid looking down.
- Deep Cove
Deep Cove is a charming neighborhood in North Vancouver known for its Quarry Rock and picturesque scenery. The hike takes approximately 1.5 hours and attracts many locals during the summer. Adjacent to the water is a small selection of stores, restaurants, and an ice cream shop providing a relaxing atmosphere. Deep Cove is an ideal spot for a picnic, where visitors can admire the quintessential BC landscape. Additionally, kayaking is a popular activity in the summer, where visitors can explore the area from the water.