Top Wedding venues
Looking for a unique Wedding venue? Save money by booking directly with local hosts
We stay true to our origin as a locally-run church, maintaining
sky-high ceilings, wooden floorboards, bluestone walls and stained glass windows. These classic elements are complemented with architectural features like polished wooden beams, large windows and skylights added during our 2019 refurbishment.
CAPACITY: 1000 pax and can be rented for $1,500 for 4 hours.
PLEASE CONTACT THE HOST FOR CUSTOM RATES:
Built-in 1863, the Chapel is a unique mix of Gothic architecture and useful, modern touches. Guests are able to walk off Swanston Street, directly into one of Victoria’s most notable churches, and enjoy an event that can be styled to suit you and your guests.
Seated capacity: 180, theatre style.
Usually used for: concerts, exhibitions, weddings, and religious ceremonies. The Chapel Hall is often hired in conjunction with the Chapel for catering purposes.
We like it because it complements a classic, traditional events, or is a beautiful heritage-listed contrast to contemporary events.
The Chapel can be hired out for external weddings, and we’re flexible in who can use it. All applications are subject to the approval of a Pastor of CrossCulture.
1. Fill out a contact form or give us a call to discuss your specific requirements and dates of interest.
2. Once availability is confirmed and your application is approved by a Pastor, an invoice is raised and once we receive a deposit, your booking is secured.
3. After approval of the wedding is granted, you may bring an external celebrant.
4. We will then work with you from start to finish, and customize our Chapel and spaces to suit the needs of your wedding.
5. We have catering rooms, white chair covers, and ivory sashes that can all be set up at a small additional cost. Speak to one of our friendly coordinators for more details.
Located off Swanston Street, Chapel Hall is a small yet open, foyer-style space that can complement any event. It has a fully equipped commercial kitchen and can be customized and styled however you like. Enjoy the freedom to choose how to use this space and feel confident knowing that your event spaces can be tailored to suit you and your guests.
Seated capacity: 100, theatre style.
Usually used for: In conjunction with bookings in the Auditorium/Chapel as a pre/post event space.
We like it because it’s open-plan and easy to style to your exact needs.
Features & facilities:
* Fully-equipped commercial kitchen
* Audio-visual Equipment
* Wheelchair access
* Split-system heating & cooling
Our Auditorium is the only venue of its kind in the city. Steps from Melbourne Central Station with easy access, tiered seating for 700+ people and modern audio-visual features, this space is designed to keep any audience comfortable and captivated for hours.
State-of-the-art audio-visual equipment and support from one of our experienced technicians are included in the hire fee. Our technicians will work closely with you to design the lighting, audio, and digital displays, ensuring your event is what you envision, and more.
Capacity: 700, seated.
Usually used for: concerts, plays, lectures, company town hall meetings, roadshows, award events, stand-up comedies, and seminars.
* We have a 10,000 lumens data projector and automatic retractable 16:9 screen, an extensive sound system with up to 6 cabled and 5 wireless microphones.
* 10.3 meters wide by 4 meters deep.
* We have an Allen & Heath SQ7 installed on our sound desk. You’re welcome to bring in your own sound system, provided you have someone that is familiar with it and able to get it set up using our system. We’re happy to show you the equipment and around the space before you book with us.
* We have house light dimmers, a Lightshark LS1 console, 6x Chauvet 265W Fresnels, 8 Chauvet Hex-Par, 8x Chauvet Wash 450, 2x Chauvet Spot475z, 2x Chauvet Hybrid 140sr, 6x Marg Wash 102. These are all controlled via a lighting desk located in the AV Booth.