About Las Vegas
Bursting with vibrant energy and success, Las Vegas is both a prosperous business destination and an exciting entertainment city. Not only are there numerous casinos, fine restaurants, and nightlife hotspots to explore, but the Nevada desert also contains plenty of conference centers equipped with modern amenities for business-minded individuals.
Moreover, Las Vegas has become a favorite among filmmakers, and music video producers have found creative inspiration in this bustling metropolis too! Today, Las Vegas has earned its place as one of America's premier destinations for creating exciting music videos with its dazzling lights and vibrant energy.
With world-class facilities available at every corner, plus incentives like tax breaks from local governments, it’s no wonder many music stars flock here when they want to make a statement with their visuals. From dramatic films shot on location all around town or massive dance numbers produced on soundstages, Las Vegas appeals to all kinds of video producers.
Music Video Options in Las Vegas
- Equipment Rentals
Equipment rentals can provide clients with everything they need to make their music video shoots successful. The equipment rental companies in Las Vegas carry a wide variety of film equipment, from cameras and lighting to sound and grip. They also provide experienced teams to deliver, set up, and operate the equipment if you require the services.
Food is an integral part of life, and even a busy music video shoot has to stop for the cast and crew to recharge. That is where the catering companies in Las Vegas come in, to serve delectable meals that please your crew’s palates. From supplying simple snacks to offering full-service catering, the right caterer can make sure your cast and crew are well-fed throughout the shoot.
You could liken makeup artists to the “icing on the cake,” because they perform enhancing transformations on your cast members to get them ready for the screen. Makeup artists in Las Vegas can create any look you want for your film, whether you are going for a naturalistic or fantastical aesthetic.
- Video Production
Music and video productions often require specialized equipment. Video production companies in Las Vegas often come equipped with the necessary gear, ranging from musical instruments and audio equipment, as well as video cameras and editing suites. They also have a team of industry experts on board who can help you with everything from booking studio time to staffing your production.
Music Video Vendors in Las Vegas
- Uproar Entertainment Group
The Uproar Entertainment Group offers studio time, production assistance, and music industry insights that prove beneficial to each client’s project. They get the heavy lifting done and leave you with nothing to do, except focus on making great art. The company has a nationwide network of studios which means that they can connect you with the resources you need no matter where you are.
- GLP - Audio, Vidoe, Lighting Rentals, and Services!
GLP offers audiovisual rentals and services of the highest caliber in Las Vegas. From wireless microphones and projectors to plasma TVs and LED lighting, they have a full range of equipment for rent. The company has a team of skilled technicians to partner with you, and they also provide concert production services as well as corporate AV support.
- Lisa Marie's Kitchen
Lisa Marie's Kitchen is the perfect catering solution for your next event. Whether you're planning a small music video shoot or a wrap party, they have various delicious menu options. Their full-service catering includes bartenders, servers, cooks, and more staffing solutions. LMK also offers cotton candy and chocolate fountain rentals to make your event even more special.
Pros and Cons of Music Video Spaces in Las Vegas
Las Vegas has long been known as a hub of entertainment and excitement, and music video spaces have become an increasingly popular way to experience the city. Las Vegas has become an ideal location for filming music videos with its many opportunities for creativity and vibrant energy.
- Music video spaces in Las Vegas are often very affordable compared to other locations around the country. With competitive rates and full production capabilities, renting out one of these spaces can be a cost-effective way to make your music video without breaking the bank.
- The city offers a wide range of sizes and styles of venues suitable for any kind of shoot. From private residences to large industrial warehouses, you’ll have plenty of options when choosing your ideal space.
- Las Vegas is located right in the heart of the desert and offers fantastic views, allowing you to create stunning visuals as part of your video shoot.
- It’s easy to find experienced crew members specializing in music video production in Las Vegas, meaning you won’t have to worry about inexperience on set.
- Music videos often require lots of people to come together at once, leading to traffic issues if not properly managed. This can be especially true during peak tourist times when visiting Las Vegas.
- Additional costs may be associated with renting the equipment explicitly needed for your shoot and paying additional crew members beyond what is included in the rental package.
- The summer can bring extremely high temperatures, making shooting outdoors tricky and potentially dangerous unless measures are taken ahead.
Tips on How to Organize Music Videos in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is one of the world's most vibrant and fun cities. It's packed with entertainment venues and music video spaces, from large nightclubs to intimate lounges. It can be overwhelming to figure out where to start if you're looking to organize a music video event or show in Las Vegas. So, here are some tips to get you started:
- Research venue options: Before selecting a space, research your options carefully. Consider factors like location, capacity, sound system quality, stage size, cost, and additional amenities that come with the venue. You should also contact each venue and inquire about their services and policies, so you know exactly what you're getting into before signing a contract.
- Get creative with space utilization: Most music video venues offer flexible layouts for events ranging from live concerts to video screenings. Take advantage of this by thinking outside of the box regarding how you use the space. For example, if you're hosting a multi-media event featuring videos and live performances, consider setting up two stages or areas instead of just one.
- Utilize online resources: Several online resources are available for those seeking to organize music video events in Las Vegas, such as Eventbrite and Meetup.
- Have a dedicated holding area for cast and crew: This can be a separate room or an area cordoned off with tape or cones. Make sure there is enough space for everyone to wait between takes comfortably.
- Keep an eye on the weather forecast: This is especially important if you're shooting outdoors. To protect equipment, ensure you have contingency plans in place in bad weather, such as indoor locations or tarpaulins.
Famous Locations in Las Vegas
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area
Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area is a short drive from the Strip. The unique landscape features gnarled red sandstone outcrops and towering canyon walls. There are plenty of trails to explore, ranging from easy loop hikes to longer-day excursions. And be sure to watch for petroglyphs and roasting pits left behind by the Paiute people. While you can see some fantastic views from your car, it is even better to get out and explore what the Red Rock Canyon has to offer on foot.
- Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
The Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is a magnificent showcase of horticultural skills, located in the heart of the Bellagio Resort in Las Vegas. The conservatory produces beautiful annual shows under an intricately designed glass canopy. Display gardens showcase fantastic floral designs, bridges, ponds, and pavilions with distinct color schemes for each season. The national colors of red, white, and blue take control in the summertime, while autumn offers chrysanthemums, squash crops, and russet hues.
- Death Valley National Park
The Death Valley National Park is the biggest in the United States, as well as the hottest, driest, and lowest place on the continent. The basin's renowned polygonal salt formations can be viewed during the winter, spring, and fall. Artists Drive is a secluded nine-mile-long road that weaves through colored desert hills. Devil's Golf Course, on the other hand, is an expansive area of salt rock that has been eroded into jagged spikes. Dante's View overlooks Badwater Basin from 1,669 meters up for panoramic views of Death Valley. From this vantage point, you can see the Panamint Range in the west and south to the Funeral Mountains in the north—one of the many reasons why it is considered one of the best places for stargazing.