Indianapolis, the capital of Indiana and the largest city in the state, is a fantastic place to visit any time of year. But it’s enjoyable during the summer when a wide variety of outdoor activities and events are available for everyone. There is never a dull moment in Indy, from water parks and outdoor music festivals to farmers’ markets and art fairs.
In the summer, there are few better places to be than one of Indy's many party venues. Whether you're looking for a pool party, an outdoor concert, or just a place to relax with friends, Indy has something for you. Hundreds of local restaurants offer culinary delights worldwide, while food trucks provide a more casual dining experience.
No summer in Indianapolis would be complete without its legendary block parties! Local neighborhoods throw parties each weekend where you can find food trucks selling unique dishes, live bands playing music all night long, vendors selling handmade products from jewelry to arts and crafts, and much more!
If you're planning to throw your own summer party in Indianapolis, then you'll be delighted with your options. From numerous venues such as restaurants, event spaces, and residential homes, to party suppliers such as catering and decorations, hosting a summer party in Indy has never been easier.
Summer Party Options in Indianapolis
It is almost non-negotiable that a summer party should include a drinks menu. Guests will appreciate having access to refreshingly cold beverages, and it is added plus if the said drinks are cocktails. The bartenders in Indianapolis can help you set up a bar area at your chosen summer party venue and also serve your guests the most delicious beverages.
- Ice Cream Desserts
A summer party isn’t complete without having some delicious iced desserts on the menu. Scores of scoop shops in Indianapolis provide ice cream catering services, with diverse menu options including gluten-free and vegan selections.
Some heart-thumping music filling up a summer party venue in Indianapolis sounds like the recipe for a great time. Collaborate with a DJ to create an ideal playlist for your event, including all of the newest hits or classic favorites that will get everyone on the dance floor!
- Photo Booth
A photo booth is a perfect addition to a summer party setup. It allows your guests to take fun pictures that they can take home with them. Several rental companies in Indianapolis offer photo booths, and several come with props, technology enhancements, and customizations.
Whether you settle for a summer party venue at a beach, backyard, or sprawling estate, the occasion could use an inflatable pool. Lists of inflatable rental businesses can supply and set up what you need, including themed bouncy castles for the kids.
Summer Party Vendors in Indianapolis
- Indy Beer Taps
Indy Beer Taps is a mobile bar company specializing in local and craft brews. They operate exclusively in Indiana, so they know all the best breweries in the state. Their services are available for diverse events, and they'll bring all the necessary equipment to ensure the occasion runs smoothly.
- Jim Cerone The Perfect Host DJ MC
Jim Cerone is a DJ and MC who prides himself on being the perfect host for your event. He will work with you to ensure your special occasion is exactly what you want. He is also an experienced public speaker who offers seminars on being an effective host. In addition to being a talented DJ and MC, he also provides uplighting, monograms, and iPad Selfie Stations to complete any party.
- Dappy Hays Event Photo Booth
Dappy Hays LLC is a professional company specializing in making your event fun. Aside from their photo booths, they also provide balloon arches, mobile zip lines, mechanical bulls, European bungees, inflatables, food trucks, obstacle courses, and other rental equipment and services.
Pros and Cons of Summer Parties in Indianapolis
Summertime in Indianapolis is an exciting time to be alive! From warm-weather activities popping up around the city to friends and family gathering for summer parties, there’s something special about the season that has people ready to celebrate. Here is a comprehensive overview of both the positives and negatives associated with throwing a summer party in Indianapolis:
- With easy access to public transportation, downtown Indianapolis is one of the most convenient places for hosting a summer party.
- The weather in Indianapolis during the summer months is generally quite pleasant, making outdoor events an enjoyable experience for guests.
- From formal indoor spaces to more laid-back outdoor venues, there are plenty of options for finding an excellent location for your summer party.
- It can be challenging getting around due to increased crowds. On busy days (like weekends or holidays), traffic can become congested around popular areas like Broad Ripple or Monument Circle, where parking may be tricky.
- Depending on where you choose to host your event, venues can become costly quickly, mainly if it’s located near one of Indy’s famous tourist attractions or entertainment centers such as Broad Ripple Village or Mass Ave.
- Although there are plenty of attractions close by when hosting a summer party in downtown Indy, limited evening entertainment options may leave guests bored as things begin winding down late into the night.
Tips on How to Organize Summer Parties in Indianapolis
Are you looking to organize a summer party in Indianapolis? Look no further! The city of Indianapolis offers a plethora of options when it comes to hosting a summer celebration. Here are some tips on how to organize the perfect summer party in Indy:
- Choose the perfect venue: When throwing a successful summer party in Indy, the key is selecting the most suitable venue for your event. Consider capacity, amenities, and overall atmosphere when deciding where to host your event.
- Consider dining options: You don’t want your guests to leave hungry, so make sure you have enough food available for your summer party. Whether you hire a caterer or provide snacks, ensure plenty of food for everyone.
- Decorate creatively: No matter what type of event you are hosting, decorations can help set the tone! Embrace summertime colors like blues, greens, and yellows with fun accents like flowers and balloons, or add beach-themed pieces like tiki torches or straw umbrellas!
- Hire professional help: If none of this seems manageable alone, don’t worry! There are many professional event planners in Indianapolis who specialize in helping people plan and organize their events from start to finish—so that all you have left to do is show up with your guests and enjoy!
Famous Locations in Indianapolis
- Frederick Douglass Park
The new family center at Frederick Douglass Park in Indianapolis is one of many initiatives staged to improve its residents' future. The new gym and fitness areas provide options for all families in the neighborhood to maintain an active lifestyle. With the Frederick Douglass Family Center located at the Martindale-Brightwood Park, residents of Martindale-Brightwood will be able to enjoy a more inclusive and connected society.
- Riverside Regional Park
Riverside Regional Park is a beautiful natural area that offers a variety of opportunities for residents to enjoy the outdoors. The park features several miles of trails, a riverfront Promenade, an Adventure Park, and athletic fields. In 2017, the Riverside Regional Park Master Plan was completed, with plans to create a regional aquatic center, update the Taggart Memorial to become a performance venue and add new amenities such as an adventure park and Promenade. The park is open year-round and provides an excellent opportunity for residents to get outside and experience nature.
- Riverside Promenade
From 16th Street to 30th Street, the Riverside Promenade is a pedestrian walkway that runs along the length of Riverside Park. The Promenade offers a pedestrian path, the sight of street trees, seating spots, and signage/graphics detailing significant events and people from Riverside's history. The Promenade is an excellent new addition to Riverside Park that gives pedestrians a beautiful place to enjoy nature and learn about the park's past.