Indianapolis, the capital and most populous city of the U.S. state of Indiana, serves as the seat of Marion County. A thriving economy, combined with its central location, has helped make Indy a popular destination for business travelers hosting diverse functions.
The famous Indianapolis 500 also draws in leisure tourists from far and wide. Circle City is also the setting of several other festivals and events, including the NCAA Men's Final Four, the Indianapolis 500, and Gen Con — the largest gaming convention in North America.
Thanks to its accessibility and selections of world-class establishments, the city is equally an ideal destination for event planners. Start the process of putting together your next big occasion by exploring some of the best party hall venues in Indianapolis.
Party Hall Options in Indianapolis
Several musical options exist for events, including live bands and DJs, classical ensembles, instrumentalists, and soloists. No matter what you're looking for, there is an option in Indianapolis that will suit your taste and budget.
- Event Decorator
An event decorator supplies diverse selections of decorations needed to spring your party to life Whether it's cascading floral arrangements, lighting, staging, or props, leave it up to the skilled teams of event decorators in Indianapolis.
- Party Rentals
Lists of party rental companies in Indianapolis equip events with various items needed to bring the ultimate vision to life. From tables, chairs, linens, and other essential equipment rentals to more elaborate options like inflatables and photo booths, the city’s rental companies have lists of befitting items on their inventories.
Whether you're looking for a religious or non-religious officiant for your upcoming nuptials or any other type of celebration, there are experienced professionals in Indianapolis who are ready to make your occasion even more special.
Party Hall Vendors in Indianapolis
- Violet Vintage Rentals
If you're searching for classic or unique event items, look no further than Violet Vintage Rentals. They offer an array of furniture, tableware, and more options to make your wedding, party, or get-together one to remember. Their rental catalog is thoughtfully-curated to reflect the vision of their stylish, forward-thinking, and creative clients.
- Saturnalia Affairs
Saturnalia Affairs is a wedding and event planning company that can take care of everything for you, from bartending to decorating. The business has its roots in Hawaii but it has since expanded to serve clients all over the state of Indiana. They strive to make every client's event unique and memorable.
- Hooked on Forever
Relax knowing that Hooked on Forever is taking care of your big day! By handling all the small details and being versatile to offer various services, they will strive to satisfy your every want and need. As passionate romantics, they vow to make sure your ceremony, reception, or social event leaves a lasting impression through its beauty, originality, and memorability.
Pros and Cons of Party Hall Venues in Indianapolis
When deciding whether or not to host a large gathering in Indianapolis, weighing the pros and cons is crucial. The pros and cons of hosting a party hall event in Indianapolis depend on your situation and preferences. Below are some of them:
- The central location and access to four major Highway Interstates make Indy the perfect backdrop for an occasion with guests traveling from far and wide.
- Select a party hall venue that is along Indy’s Skywalk route. The network links 12 of the city’s biggest hotels which makes the navigation process easier.
- In May, explore the selections of outdoor party hall venues in Indianapolis. The weather at that time of the year is simply perfect, hence why the Indy 500 is scheduled for that month.
- During the cold season, which falls around the month of November to February, finding a cozy party hall can take research. Book early.
- Winter weather can play havoc on the roads. Use the traffic conditions as a guideline when scheduling your event, and factor in the distance when choosing a party hall location.
- Indianapolis is not known for a good transportation network. Team up with a rideshare company or enlist the services of a car rental business to handle your guests’ transfers. Otherwise, they might have trouble getting around the city via public transportation.
Tips on How to Organize Party Hall Events in Indianapolis
If you're planning on hosting a party hall event in Indianapolis, you can do a few things to make sure it goes off without a hitch. Here are a few simple tips that will help you get the most out of your event space:
- Get familiar with the different types of party halls available in Indianapolis: Some venues offer banquet halls, conference centers, wedding venues, and other unique event spaces. Consider the size of your group, budget, and activities you plan on having when looking for the right venue.
- Start researching potential venues well ahead, as popular venues can book up fast: Be sure to read reviews from previous customers so you know what to expect from each venue before booking.
- Ensure you get details: Take care of amenities like parking, furniture, and catering services from each venue before booking. Ask if additional fees exist for special features such as staging or audiovisual equipment rental.
- Have an emergency plan in place: Anything unexpected can occur during your festivities, so you should have a plan B; this could include having backup items that could be provided should anything go wrong (i.e., extra linens or decorations).
Famous Locations in Indianapolis
- Perry Park
No matter what time of year it is, Perry Park is always an excellent spot for some fun family time. The park has an ice skating rink, tennis courts, and a playground, so there's something for everyone to enjoy. Positioned on the city's south side, Perry Park is close to many other great attractions, making it the perfect location for your next picnic or family outing. Families can make a day trip out of visiting the park, grabbing lunch at a close-by restaurant, and then crowning the day by participating in other fun activities the city offers.
- Major Taylor Skatepark
Unlike most skateparks, which are made up of concrete, the skate park at Major Taylor is made of wood. The wood construction makes for a smoother riding experience, and it also helps to reduce noise levels. The park is open daily from sunrise to sunset, and it features a variety of obstacles and challenges for skaters of all skill levels. Beginners can practice their skills in the designated area, while more experienced skaters can test their limits on the half-pipe or the quarter-pipe.
- Marian University Indianapolis
Marian University is located on the west side of Indianapolis near Crawfordsville Road and North High School Road. Founded in 1851, the university has an enrollment of about 3,000 students in undergraduate and graduate programs. Marian offers more than 60 majors and minors, including business, education, nursing, and engineering. The university is also home to the Franciscan Center for Catholic Studies, which offers a variety of programs and resources for students, faculty, and staff. This historic campus offers wooded areas for walking and exploring nature.