Indianapolis is a midwestern city resting on the White River, a strategic choice made by city planners. Envisioning that the White River would serve as a major transportation hub, the city planners settled for the location but it ended up being too sandy. Either way, Indy still served the intended purpose and maintains its heritage as a major transportation hub.
Dubbed “Railroad City,” four major interstates cross through Indy, including I-65, I-69, I-70, and I-74. Whether you’re here for business or pleasure, there are plenty of places to network with like-minded professionals. From coworking spaces to corporate events and networking happy hour meetups, there is no shortage of opportunities to establish connections.
There are selections of coworking space in Indianapolis that offers an array of private offices and open workspaces for entrepreneurs and startups alike. These inviting workspaces also provide a variety of amenities like high-speed internet access and meeting rooms.
Networking Options in Indianapolis
Bartenders offer a convenient way to serve beverages at your networking event, making sure that guests have access to a flow of drinks during the occasion. They also bring the necessary tools and equipment to set up a mobile bar at your event space.
Catering services can help create a delicious spread for your event, from simple snacks to elaborate buffets or multi-course meals. Their expertise proves beneficial in selecting the perfect menu for your event that factors dietary restrictions.
DJs and entertainment services are a part of creating a fun and engaging atmosphere on different occasions. From live music performances to interactive games and activities, the city’s entertainment companies can help create a fun and memorable experience for all your guests.
The essence of a networking event is to have participants mingle and make potential meaningful connections. Anchors help everyone strike up a rapport, and you can enlist the services of well-known personalities and industry experts for the occasion.
Networking Vendors in Indianapolis
- Turf Catering + Kitchen
Turf Catering + Kitchen is a cut above the rest when it comes to its culinary services. Chef Matthew Peterson and his team prepare everything from scratch and they source most of their ingredients locally from sustainable farms. If you're looking for a private dining experience or food service for an event, Turf Catering is happy to assist.
- Saturnalia Affairs
Saturnalia Affairs is an event planning service that takes care of the A to Z of putting together tasteful occasions. They not only provide the services of bartenders and waitstaff but also offer decor coordinators and rentals. Originally from Hawaii, they opened their second location in Indianapolis in 2015 and have been serving clients throughout Indiana since then. What separates them is their commitment to making each event magical and stress-free for their clients.
- Lakeside Party Rental
Lakeside Party Rental is a full-service company that offers event solutions. Their catalog of equipment rentals includes tables, chairs, linens, lighting fixtures, and grills. And if you need it, they also carry tents! Whether you are hosting an indoor or outdoor event, it will be better equipped with some help from LakesideParty Rentals!
Pros and Cons of Networking Spaces in Indianapolis
Networking events bring together people with shared interests to build connections. Here is a look at the pros and cons of networking spaces in Indianapolis to help you determine if this type of environment is right for you.
- Finding a venue to rent should be easy. These networking spaces in Indianapolis provide access to resources unavailable to entrepreneurs and small businesses.
- Attending networking events allows individuals to meet other professionals with a wealth of knowledge about the latest trends and technologies related to their industry or profession.
- Networking events in Indianapolis should be well attended due to the number of professionals in the city.
- Finding space for more significant events can become costly due to rent fees associated with venues such as conference centers or hotels that host offsite meetings or retreats related to networking opportunities.
- Finding time outside of one’s work schedule can prove difficult when attempting to make it out regularly for networking opportunities where they are expected regularly, such as monthly meetings or mixers, which may require traveling out of town on occasion.
- While many people enjoy attending large gatherings that bring together like-minded individuals from different areas around town, some may find it intimidating being surrounded by strangers.
Tips on How to Organize Networking Events in Indianapolis
Networking events gather people with shared interests to create new connections or foster pre-existing ones. Here are a few things to keep in mind when organizing a networking event in Indianapolis.
- Identify Your Goals: Prioritize what you want from the event and focus on specific objectives that you want to achieve. Whether forging new partnerships or exploring new business opportunities, having clear goals will ensure you plan for the most successful outcome.
- Choose Your Venue Wisely: An appropriate venue is essential for any networking event. Consider location and accessibility, capacity, audio-visual equipment, catering, and more when selecting your space. Make sure it's easy for attendees to get there by providing transportation options such as shuttles or carpools if necessary.
- Define Your Audience: Knowing who is attending your event will help shape your event's format and ensure you're meeting their needs when putting together the agenda or providing activities like panel discussions or Q&A sessions with industry experts.
- Set Up Engaging Activities: To ensure attendees stay engaged throughout the entire session, consider setting up interactive games or other activities like scavenger hunts that encourage active participation from all attendees.
- Promote Your Event Effectively: Promotion is critical for drawing attention to your networking event, so make sure you use a combination of online (social media) and offline marketing strategies (flyers/posters) leading up to the day of the event to generate buzz about your upcoming gathering.
Famous Locations in Indianapolis
- College Avenue
The College Avenue branch of the Indianapolis Public Library is one of the best in the city, with an extensive book catalog and meeting spaces available for public use. It dates back to 1924, and it was established to serve residents more efficiently and address overcrowding concerns; they replaced their old building in 2000. The library also hosts regular storytime events for young children. Not only can you get a library card and borrow books, CDs, and DVDs, but you can also access computers with the internet.
- Go Ape Zipline and Adventure Park
The Go Ape Zipline and Adventure Park offer several adventure courses and fun outdoor activities, making it the perfect destination for all ages. Participants are given safety briefings before getting equipped with all the necessary gear to engage in an adrenaline-charged activity. Treetop Adventure is a 2-3 hour long course that enables participants to explore the area from above and see the forest in a new light. This activity is open to anyone aged 10 or over who wants to spend a couple of hours enjoying nature. With 5 zip lines and over 40 obstacles placed high in the trees, this aerial adventure is perfect for anyone seeking an adrenaline rush.
- Broad Ripple Village
Broad Ripple Village is a one-of-a-kind space filled with an array of shops and restaurants, it makes for the perfect night out or a day of exploring. The addition of public art and graffiti murals creates an eclectic atmosphere, which is only enhanced by the greenways and parks in the area. The neighborhood also boasts several art galleries, sidewalk cafes, and restaurants for residents and visitors to enjoy.