Indianapolis established itself as a vibrant and bustling city, full of life and culture. As the capital of Indiana, it is home to an incredible variety of historical sites and landmarks that tell the story of the city’s past.
From its industrial revolution origins to its current status as one of the most livable cities in America, Indy has been shaped by a rich history that is still evident today. Industrial developments played an essential role in the formative years of “Circle City.” In 1819, construction began on the first canal connecting the “Crossroads of America” to nearby towns and rivers, allowing increased trade between farmers and merchants.
Even more impressive are the slew of industrial plants that support this sector, as well as the decommissioned industrial locations in Indianapolis that have since been converted into event spaces. Whether you are putting together a fashion showcase or planning your big day; consider hosting it at one of Indy’s industrial spaces.
Industrial Event Options in Indianapolis
Event decorators in Indianapolis can accommodate any event, whether it’s a wedding, conference, or family gathering. They offer anything you could need to convert your chosen space into your envisioned event location, from draping and lighting to table settings and floral arrangements.
- Event Planners
Event planners take care of several aspects of organizing an occasion, including vendor selection and day-of coordination. Additionally, most offer expertise in logistics, budgeting, and vendor management to help you plan every aspect of your event.
- Audio/Visual Equipment
Several companies in Indianapolis offer professional sound systems as well as lighting rigs. Audio/visual providers offer state-of-the-art equipment like projectors, sound systems, microphones, and more to create a professional setup for any presentation or performance for industrial events.
Industrial Event Vendors in Indianapolis
- Little Robot Photography
Haley's photography style is inviting and professional yet relaxed enough to show your story organically with natural lighting. Exploring abandoned buildings and forgotten places has been a passion of hers since childhood, where she found her love for robots still resonates today. Her pride lies in capturing special moments in people’s lives through lifestyle photography that speaks volumes!
- Housekeeping Maid Easy
Housekeeping Maid Easy lives up to its name, with services including recurring house cleaning, move-in/move-out cleaning for residential properties or office spaces, Airbnb turnover services, and event cleaning services. They prove resourceful in helping you get any space event-ready and also restoring the location to its spick and span form afterward.
- The Mom's Garden
The Mom's Garden abides by the mission of bringing joy to customers through the delivery of superior products and services. The floral business delivers a selection of green plants, fresh-cut flowers, and other gifts.
Pros and Cons of Events at Industrial Locations in Indianapolis
Holding an event at an industrial location in Indianapolis provides your guests with a unique and memorable experience. These spaces often provide stunning backdrops you won’t find at a traditional venue. Several pros and cons should be considered when considering holding an event at one of these locations.
- These locations are much more affordable than traditional venues, given that most come bare to the bones, and it helps keep costs down while still providing an excellent experience for your guests.
- Industrial spaces are incredibly versatile, and they can host any type of event. From intimate gatherings to significant corporate events, these spaces are easily convertible into the perfect setting for any occasion.
- Industrial properties have eye-catching detail that gives them character and an old-world charm that makes them ideal backdrops for events.
- There is limited access to amenities or facilities such as bathrooms, electricity, or even climate control systems like air conditioning or heating units.
- Transportation availability and/or parking restrictions may limit accessibility for some guests depending on where exactly your chosen venue is located.
- Noise complaints may arise due to specific industrial locations near residential areas resulting in potential noise regulations that could restrict certain activities at specific times.
Tips on How to Events at Organize Industrial Locations in Indianapolis
Organizing a successful event at an industrial location in Indianapolis can be daunting. However, with proper planning and execution, you can ensure that your event is enjoyable for guests, and overall, a success. Here are some tips to help you organize a great event at an industrial location in Indianapolis:
- Choose Your Vendors: Depending on the event you’re hosting, it may be necessary to hire vendors for services like catering, setup/breakdown assistance, photography, or even entertainment.
- Have a Solid Agenda: Having an agenda with scheduled activities is vital to keeping your event running smoothly and ensuring that every participant knows what’s coming next. Make sure to plan enough variety in activities so that guests stay engaged; think outside the box when it comes to ideas!
- Get Creative with Decorations: Industrial locations can often feel cold or sterile; consider adding decorations such as lights or plants to help create a more inviting atmosphere. Also, think about providing fun activities like photo booths or craft tables that fit your theme.
- Don’t Forget to Follow-Up: Once your event has wrapped up, don’t forget follow-up tasks like thank-you notes/messages for vendors & participants and reviews of how things went (this will come in handy if you plan on hosting similar events at this location again!).
Famous Locations in Indianapolis
- Muessel-Drewry Brewery
The Muessel-Drewry Brewery complex in South Bend, Indiana, features seven brick buildings that date back to 1865. In addition to the historic buildings, there are also two-grain silos and a smokestack on the site. Christopher Muessel, a German immigrant famous for his original brewing methods, built the buildings now open to the public as a National Historic District. Visitors can explore the brewery grounds through tours and events.
- Cannelton Cotton Mill
The Cannelton Cotton Mill is an old building located in Indiana. It was built in 1849 and was the most significant industrial building west of the Allegheny Mountains at that time. The mill's style is Romanesque, but it looks different from its original design because it has been abandoned for many years. The dormers were removed, and the windows had square lintels added. The building is now used as a residence. The Cannelton Cotton Mill is a conspicuous landmark because of its size, architectural style, and historical value.
- Near Eastside
Home to a thriving middle class in the decades past, Near Eastside is a neighborhood situated just outside of Indianapolis. Here you’ll find abundant entertainment and adventure as there are numerous bars, restaurants, parks, and more! With most residents renting their homes rather than owning them outright; come experience life on the near east side where fun and excitement await with every corner turned!