Indianapolis, the state capital of Indiana, is located in the Midwest region of the United States. The city has over 850,000 people and is the most populous city in Indiana. It is known for its friendly Midwestern hospitality and its diverse economy. The city is home to several Fortune 500 companies and a vibrant arts and culture scene.
Indiana's capital is also a popular destination for private events and corporate affairs. For meetings, you can choose from convention centers, hotels, and restaurants, depending on the size and preference. Company party venues in Indianapolis, like ballrooms, theaters, and event halls, are also famous for corporate events and private parties.
If you're organizing a grand party, choose an impressive company party space with beautiful views of the city skyline and that can accommodate groups of all sizes. For intimate gatherings, there are unique places like museums, lofts, warehouse spaces, and rooftop bars you can rent. Whether you're looking to host a meeting, event, or party, Indianapolis has a venue to suit your needs.
Company Party Options in Indianapolis
Just because it’s a company party, who said that guests shouldn’t be treated to a gastronomic trip? That is precisely what you’ll get, with a caterer in Indianapolis working on the event menu. Several also offer beverage service, guaranteeing that everyone will be in good spirits to let loose and mingle outside the office.
- Event Rentals
From tables and chairs to linens and other decor items, event rental services in Indianapolis have catalogs of items that can help you transform your chosen space into an ideal corporate party venue.
Company parties shouldn’t be serious and frumpy, instead, they should allow everyone to let loose and simply have a great time. Several entertainers, including DJs, live bands, and instrumentalists, can get the party started as it should and keep it going.
Having reliable cleaning services is key to hosting a successful corporate function. Cleaning companies in Indianapolis provide lists of services, including post-event cleaning, trash removal, and event waste management.
Company Party Vendors in Indianapolis
- Gomez BBQ
Gomez BBQ strives to deliver selections of mouthwatering dishes for diverse occasions. Their array of sauces and cooking techniques appeal to all BBQ lovers. Part of their success lies in using local meats for their wood-smoked recipes and providing attentive service. The result is a menu filled with delicate, flavorful meats that will please your guests’ palates.
- Uncommonly Styled
Uncommonly Styled is an event planning business, and Brooke, the owner, understands that your only concern should be sitting back and enjoying the occasion. Their list of services includes providing carefully curated tablescape designs and delivering stunning backdrops for diverse occasions.
- Little Robot Photography
Haley is a professional shutterbug who specializes in lifestyle photography. She captures natural light and organic backdrops to tell your story beautifully! When she's not booking sessions, she enjoys driving around the country exploring abandoned buildings and forgotten places. Haley's photography style is casual, friendly, and professional.
Pros and Cons of Company Parties in Indianapolis
Indianapolis is an excellent choice for company parties thanks to its friendly atmosphere and convenient location. However, there are pros and cons of company parties in Indianapolis.
- Indianapolis is home to numerous high-quality venues, and with the cost of living being reasonable here, booking a company party space in Indianapolis is not out of reach.
- Lots of venues in Indianapolis are equipped with the latest technology and amenities, making them ideal for significant events like meetings or conferences.
- There are enough full-service event planning services, including catering and entertainment, making it easy to plan your party from start to finish.
- Popular company party venues in Indianapolis can be booked well in advance, making choices limited especially if you are looking for a large venue that can accommodate a large group.
- The popularity of such parties in Indianapolis has led to overcrowding at many well-liked venues, resulting in long wait times and less personal service.
- Indianapolis may not be ideal for many companies due to its distance from major cities and other logistical considerations.
Tips on How to Organize Company Parties in Indianapolis
Organizing a corporate party in Indianapolis is no small feat. With its mix of traditional and modern attractions, it can be difficult to decide which elements to include in the event's program or where to hold the gathering. Here are some tips on how to organize company parties in Indianapolis:
- Research different venues: When planning a corporate party, selecting the perfect venue to accommodate all guests is essential. Consider venues that offer both indoor and outdoor options so that you have the flexibility to adjust your plans if there’s inclement weather.
- Develop a theme: Give your company party in Indy an extra touch by creating an exciting theme! Whether it’s based around movie characters or sports teams, having a motif will give your guests something fun to look forward to throughout the evening.
- Choose appropriate activities: Make sure your activities are age-appropriate for all participants, including any children attending. Consider incorporating outdoor games like cornhole or other lawn activities that don’t require too much energy but still provide entertainment for guests of all ages.
- Schedule transportation: Having transportation services available during your corporate event is always beneficial, especially if alcohol is being served. It allows guests who may have had too many drinks to get home safely while minimizing liability risks on behalf of the company hosting the event.
- Food options & drinks: Offer enough hearty food options so no one goes hungry. Keep appetizers light but flavorful so they won't slow down conversation between colleagues when mingling afterward during dessert hour. For drinks, consider setting up stations with different kinds of alcoholic beverages (including beer tasting) as well as nonalcoholic alternatives such as juices and sparkling water for those who prefer not to drink alcohol during these events.
Famous Locations in Indianapolis
- Indiana State Capitol
The current Capitol building, which was completed in 1888, is constructed out of Indiana limestone and white oak. It makes the iconic building one of the few of its kind. The building is open for guided tours every day except Sundays. However, if you would rather explore the area by yourself, start on Washington Street. You'll be able to take in the beauty of Corinthian porticoes and limestone facades.
- Atterbury FWA
Atterbury Fish & Wildlife Area is the perfect place to enjoy nature and get fresh air. Occupying 4,950 acres of land, which includes upland game habitat, marshland, running creeks, and shallow open water, there are plenty of activities to enjoy in the area. You can fish, hunt, hike, or take in all the wildlife. There is also a shooting range on site, and if you're looking for a way to give back, there are plenty of volunteer opportunities.
- Indiana State Police Museum
The Indian State Police Museum might be small but it’s packed with interesting exhibits. The most popular display is the one dedicated to Indiana criminal John Dillinger. It features the wooden gun and a death mask that he used to make his break from an "escape-proof" jail. Another exhibit documents the history of drunk driving and how the revolutionary breath detection equipment that we now know as the breathalyzer came to be.