Chicago is a city that has been around for centuries. It has undergone many changes over the years and is now considered one of the most vibrant metropolitan areas in the United States. Its diverse history and culture make it an exciting destination for visitors.
In modern times, Chicago continues to be an exciting place to explore, with plenty of activities available for everyone. From deep-dish pizza to museums all over town, you won't run out of places to visit or things to do. No matter what type of birthday you are planning for your child in Chicago, plenty of options will make it a memorable experience.
Along with unique attractions, there are also plenty of incredible restaurants serving fantastic cuisines from all over the world, making it easy to find something special for everyone involved! With any celebration in Chicago—especially one centered around children—you can be sure that there will be plenty of unique experiences that everyone will remember fondly!
Kids' Birthday Party Options in Chicago
Balloons provide a way to add color and excitement to a kid’s birthday party. They can be used to decorate the venue, as well as be given out to guests as they arrive or leave the party.
Making sure that your guests are well-fed and happy is part of the responsibilities of being the perfect host. Selections of catering companies in Chicago specialize in preparing kid-friendly foods, so you're sure to get a professional who will come up with a menu that your child and their guests will love.
If you want to make your child's birthday party extra special, consider hiring professional entertainers. The entertainment companies in Chicago can connect you with magicians, clowns, face painters, and princesses/princes for the occasion.
Hiring a professional photographer is one of those aspects of planning a party that you shouldn’t bargain with. A skilled photographer will capture all of the memories of your child's birthday party, and most offer packages that include prints and digital files to make the memories last forever.
The birthday boy or girl will receive plenty of wonderful gifts on the occasion, but it is also a thoughtful gesture to send their friends home with keepsakes as well. The gift shops in Chicago carry a wide range of suitable party favors for the young ones.
Kids Birthday Party Companies Chicago
- Delicious Creations
Delicious Creations is a one-stop shop for all your cake and candy needs. Their bakery specializes in fresh, made-to-order cakes for all occasions—from birthdays to weddings, and everything in between. In addition to their extensive selection of cakes, they also offer candy and cake supplies, making it easy to find everything you need to create delicious treats.
- Magic Of The Nightingale
Magic Of The Nightingale is a unique entertainment company that offers a wide variety of event entertainers. Whether you want a clown for a birthday party or a mime for a corporate event, they have the perfect performer for your event. They also offer several other services, including face painting, airbrush art, balloon twisting, juggling, stilt walking, and much more. Their goal is to make your event memorable and fun for everyone involved.
- Anything-Art (Painting Faces and Spaces)
Painting Faces and Spaces take face painting to the next level. With over 50 unique designs, they can transform anyone into their favorite princess, superhero, animal, butterfly, or flower. They use only the highest quality products, including glitter and jewels, to ensure a fantastic result every time. Their team of face painters love what they do and take pride in their work, so you can be confident that you are getting the best possible service.
Pros and Cons of Kids' Birthday Parties in Chicago
Introducing Chicago as a wonderful option for hosting your kid's birthday party is an excellent choice—the city has a wealth of activities and events to explore, making it easy to create the perfect celebration. From indoor play centers to outdoor parks and museums, there’s something in Chicago for every kid’s celebration. Here are some pros and cons of hosting a kid's birthday party in Chicago:
- The city offers a wide variety of activities that can be tailored to any age group or budget—from museum visits or nature outings to exciting sports facilities or fun-filled play centers.
- There are plenty of fantastic restaurants with pricing options that fit any budget—many catering specifically to children’s palates!
- With so much to see and do, kids can find something unique for their special day that they won’t get bored with.
- Chicago boasts numerous venues including indoor playgrounds and cinemas which make planning the event much easier than having it at home.
- Depending on location and venue, prices for hosting a kid's birthday party may be higher than in other cities as most locations charge an hourly fee as well as food charges.
- Kids' birthday parties involve some degree of organization which can be stressful, especially if you have no experience in planning events!
- Parking fees in the city can add up quickly if you choose an area that is heavily trafficked by tourists or commuters.
- Finding appropriate entertainment can be difficult depending on age group—making sure that all guests are entertained throughout the day is key!
Tips on How to Organize Kids' Birthday Parties in Chicago
From choosing the venue to selecting the theme, planning a birthday party is something that takes time and effort. With so many options available in the city, it can be overwhelming trying to choose the right activities, decorations, menu items, and more. To make things easier, here are some tips on how to organize kids' birthday parties in Chicago.
- Find an appropriate venue: When organizing a birthday party for kids in Chicago, it is important to find a venue that fits the needs of your child and their guests. Consider factors such as size, amenities, location, and accessibility when selecting a spot for hosting the celebration.
- Set the theme: Choosing a theme will help you narrow down your choices for decorations, games, and food so that everything corresponds to your chosen theme. Look for inspiration online or take ideas from movies or TV shows that your child loves—this will help make your party more special!
- Come up with games and activities: Make sure there are plenty of activities available for kids at the birthday celebration. This could include classic games like “pin the tail on the donkey” as well as craft projects such as making masks or decorating cupcakes. Ensure there is something for everyone so no one gets bored during the event!
- Plan menu options: No matter what type of cuisine you decide to serve at your birthday party, make sure there are kid-friendly options available such as pizza or hotdogs which they can easily enjoy without making too much mess! You could also look into catering services if you do not want to cook yourself—this will save time on preparation while still allowing you to enjoy delicious food with all of your guests.
- Think about goodie bags: Letting each guest go home with their own goodie bag filled with treats is one way of showing appreciation towards them! Fill each bag with small items such as candy, stickers, or activity books so they have something fun to take home with them.
Famous Locations in Chicago
- Lincoln Park Zoo
The Lincoln Park Zoo is one of America's oldest and most beloved animal sanctuaries. Founded in 1868, the 35-acre park is home to various animals, including gorillas, chimpanzees, lions, and tigers. The zoo also features a beautiful landscape, with gardens, ponds, and sculptures dotting the grounds. Best of all, admission to the zoo is free, making it a wonderful option for families looking for an affordable day out.
- Milwaukee County Zoo
Situated in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the Milwaukee County Zoo is home to over 1,800 animals and covers a whopping 190 acres. The zoo is most known for its Polar Bear and Siamang hatchlings, as well as Samson—a gorilla who was beloved by locals from 1950 to 1981. Samson's bones are now on display at the Milwaukee Public Museum. The zoo also houses several other animals, including lions, tigers, giraffes, and penguins.
- Maggie Daley Park
Maggie Daley Park is a public space located in downtown Chicago. It features a 3-acre Play Garden, designed to stand out from typical gardens and parks, with playful elements that encourage imagination and exploration. The park also has a fieldhouse and an ice skating rink.