Houston, Texas is a vibrant city located in the southeastern part of the United States. It is home to over two and a half million people and is the fourth largest city in America. The city offers a variety of attractions from museums and galleries to parks, restaurants, nightlife, and more. Its weather can be unpredictable at times, but there are plenty of indoor activities available during the summer months such as movie theaters with 3D experiences or interactive arcades with modern games and innovative technology such as virtual reality simulators. Houston also boasts one of the most diverse populations in the country, with many different cultures represented in its population.
Houston is a great spot for kids to have fun. Popular options include bowling alleys, laser tag arenas, trampoline parks, and wall climbing centers. For those looking for something unique, kid-friendly places like aquariums and water parks are fantastic options as well. If you want to host a kid’s birthday party, many venues offer packages that include food and beverage service and entertainment options like magicians or performers specializing in children’s activities. Kids will surely have a blast celebrating their birthdays in Houston!
Kids' Birthday Party Options in Houston
The number of diverse entertainers in Houston available to hire for a children's birthday party is staggering. Clowns, magicians, and face painters are classic go-to's, while others may want to consider less traditional choices like hiring a company that offers character appearances featuring Disney characters or superheroes.
There are many different ways to decorate the chosen venue for a kid’s birthday party. Balloon decorations, streamers, and banners are all popular choices. You can also use themed decorations to match the birthday child's favorite movie or cartoon character which can be easily found in Houston.
If you're looking to add some extra excitement to your child's birthday party in Houston, consider ordering from a catering company that offers custom menus with kid-friendly foods like chicken nuggets or macaroni and cheese. Most of these businesses in Houston will deliver the food directly to your venue, so all you have to worry about is having fun!
Kids' Birthday Party Vendors in Houston
- Kids Party Experts
For over 20 years, Kids Party Experts has been giving high-quality party entertainment services. They specialize in costumed characters who interact with the children and play games that are specific to each character. They try to make their costumes and performances as realistic as possible by using great attention to detail. In 1997, they introduced two superhero characters and gradually increased their number. From Spider-Man to Sesame Street, Kids Party Experts have a wide range of costumed characters to choose from. And to meet the demands of their clients who wanted more variety, the business added face painting and balloon art to the package. They also offer circus party games and clowns.
- The Village Bakery
For years, the Village Bakery has been providing residents of the Rice Village with delicious baked goods. They specialize in bespoke cakes, cookies, bread, and pies and do so superbly. Whether it’s a one-of-a-kind wedding cake, a dog-shaped birthday cake, or a plain company party cake, they can make it. The Village Bakery’s owner, Richard Jucker, is the son of one of the original owners of Three Brothers Bakery, another established bakery in Houston. He worked there for many years, but it wasn’t only until 2013 that he had the opportunity to open his own bakery.
- Neverland Balloons and Face Painting
At Neverland Balloons and Face Painting, they take pride in providing high-quality, professional entertainment services. They specialize in balloon art and face painting, delivered by a team of talented artists who are always up for a challenge. They use only the highest quality materials, including 100% natural latex rubber balloons and FDA-approved face paints. The company's rates are budget-friendly, and they're proud to have a flawless record of customer satisfaction.
Pros and Cons of Kids' Birthday Parties in Houston
Now that you know all about kids' birthday party options in Houston, it's time to decide if hosting a party in Houston is the right choice for your child. Here are some advantages and disadvantages to help you make your decision:
- Hosting a kid’s birthday party at a venue in Houston offers convenience and peace of mind for parents. The city has safe neighborhoods where families can enjoy activities with their kids.
- Many Houston venues provide ample space for kids to enjoy. Options include event spaces, cozy dining rooms, restaurants, parks, playgrounds, and museums.
- Some venues offer convenient packages that include decoration, entertainment services, and catering which simplifies planning the event significantly.
- Professional venues have dedicated staff and equipment that make it easy to organize an exciting party.
- Some areas in downtown Houston can be sketchy, so families may need to avoid these areas, especially at night.
- It can be hot in the city from June to September, with temperatures averaging 94°F in August. This can make it challenging to plan outdoor parties.
- Large parties may require additional staff such as security guards or additional cleaning personnel.
Tips on How to Organize Kids' Birthday Parties in Houston
Now that you know all about kids' birthday party venues in Houston, it's time to start planning your child's big day. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Create a budget and stick to it: When planning an event, especially a kid’s birthday party, budgeting is important! Make sure you don’t overindulge in every aspect of the party—most of the time, it’s easy to please kids, just ask them what they want!
- Make sure the venue is child-friendly: It should have enough space for kids to run around without them feeling cramped and uncomfortable.
- Book the venue early: Popular venues get booked quickly so be sure to book the one you have in mind at least two months before the event date.
- Choose a theme that resonates with both parents and children alike: Kids often love themed parties and they are easy to plan too!
- Don't forget the entertainment: Hire experienced entertainers that specialize in kid’s events like magicians or clowns who will be able to engage children of all ages through fun activities.
Famous Locations in Houston
- General Sam Houston Sculpture
The bronze sculpture of General Sam Houston sitting on his horse, Saracen, at the entrance to Hermann Park is a commonly known figure in Houston, Texas. The statue was commissioned by the Women's City Club and created by Enrico Filiberto Cerracchio. The enormous granite arch supporting Sam Houston and his horse was sculpted by Frank Teich. The iconic statue underwent restoration by the Houston Municipal Art Commission in 1996. The monument to General Sam Houston is a well-known icon in the city of Houston, and he was an essential figure in Texas history and culture.
- The Cy Twombly Gallery
The Cy Twombly Gallery at the Menil Collection is a wonderful example of the institution's commitment to individual artists. The gallery was designed by world-renowned architect Renzo Piano, and it features a beautiful system for filtering sunlight. It is home to Twombly's large-scale calligraphic paintings, which are truly fascinating. If you're ever in Houston, be sure to check out the Cy Twombly Gallery at the Menil Collection. You won't be disappointed.
- Donovan Park
Donovan Park is one of the few playgrounds in Houston that was entirely built by members of the community it now serves. In just five days, families from the Heights raised and constructed all-wooden playsets back in 1996—and they've continued to be a favorite spot for local gatherings ever since! While kids play on slides and monkey bars, adults can rest at any number of benches or tables, or even enjoy some shade under one of the taller trees surrounding Donovan Park. But perhaps its best feature is its location—Donovan Park is the perfect place to go for a couple of hours with the kids or to spend a leisurely afternoon hanging out with friends. The park sits on Heights Boulevard near two busy trails popular among bikers and joggers, and it's also within walking distance of some great restaurants in the neighborhood.