From its booming economy and attractive job market to its diverse population, Austin is an unparalleled city with something for everyone. Known as the 11th most populous city in America, it has been consistently ranked among the fastest-growing cities due to its unrivaled culture that combines myriad traditions, cultures, and art forms. As the capital of Texas, you can also find some of the country's most influential businesses and organizations located here- making Austin an incomparable destination!
The beauty of Austin’s park system plays an integral role in making the city so unique. With more than 250 parks throughout Austin, plenty of outdoor recreation and relaxation options exist. These green spaces are incredibly popular for hosting events like weddings, often featuring stunning scenery from nature that can't be found anywhere else.
From lush fields surrounded by wildflowers to peaceful creekside ceremonies beneath trees draped with Spanish moss, Austin's park venues offer majestic views that create picturesque backdrops for any event or celebration.
Park Wedding Options in Austin
- Wedding Planner
Hiring a wedding planner is one of the best ways to ensure your park wedding in Austin goes off without a hitch. An experienced wedding planner can help you choose the perfect venue, coordinate transportation and lodging for guests, arrange catering services, and handle all of the other details necessary for an unforgettable event.
To ensure that your park wedding in Austin looks beautiful, it's important to hire a talented florist. An experienced florist can create stunning floral displays that will help set the mood and make your special day even more memorable.
- Equipment Rentals
If you're planning a park wedding in Austin, you're going to need to rent equipment like tables, chairs, tents, and other items. Fortunately, there are many companies in Austin that offer a wide range of rental options for weddings and other special events. With their help, you can make sure that your park wedding has everything it needs to be a success.
Park Wedding Vendors in Austin
- Something To Celebrate
Something To Celebrate is a company that specializes in event planning. It was established in Austin in 2005 and has since expanded to Houston and San Antonio. The company offers customized 1-on-1 boutique service to its clients, backed by an experienced team with built-in resources and an incredible depth of experience. Something To Celebrate can help with everything from creating a budget and customizing to-do lists to introducing the best vendors and managing the rehearsal and ceremony at your park wedding. The company prides itself on its ability to tailor its services to each client's budget and style.
- Malleret Designs
Malleret Designs is a company that was founded in 2002 with the aim of providing high-quality, creative floral arrangements for all sorts of occasions. The company's founder and head designer, Marcela Bogado Dhar, works closely with each customer to determine their individual style and needs in order to create a truly personalized and one-of-a-kind arrangement. They will work with you to customize the right service and style for your park wedding, making sure that every last detail is tailored to your personal vision.
- Party at the Moontower Event Rentals
Party at the Moontower Event Rentals was established in 2016 and has quickly become one of Austin's most popular wedding rental companies. Offering modern-eclectic furniture and decor with a unique Austin flare, Party at the Moontower only uses chic or casual pieces that are artistic and well-designed; making it the perfect place to go for event rentals in Austin TX. Regardless of whether you're trying to plan an intimate party or a more overt celebration for your park wedding, Party at the Moontower will help make sure it is one of a kind.
Pros and Cons of Park Weddings in Austin
Park weddings in Austin offer a unique and memorable atmosphere perfect for couples looking to tie the knot outdoors. Below is a list of pros and cons associated with organizing a park wedding in Austin, Texas.
- Park weddings in Austin offer stunning city views, from rolling hillsides to skyscrapers; this creates a fantastic backdrop for photos and sets the tone for an unforgettable ceremony.
- There is no shortage of parks in Austin, so couples have plenty of options when selecting their perfect venue. From small urban parks with plenty of shade to sprawling green spaces with open meadows, couples can find the right fit for their needs.
- With its abundance of trees and greenery, park venues provide a natural setting that perfectly resembles outdoor weddings.
- Many parks in Austin are tied to local arts organizations or historical sites, which helps create meaningful connections between couples and the place they’re getting married.
- Weather is always an issue when it comes to parking weddings. While most parks offer sheltering options such as pavilions or gazebos that can help protect guests from rain or sun exposure, more may be needed if conditions become particularly bad on the day of.
- Because parks are typically public spaces, there can often be noise restrictions that must be adhered to during events.
- Depending on your selected park, you may be limited in the type of decorations you can bring. Candles and tents are prohibited at some parks, while any structures used for decoration must be taken down after use at other locations.
- Wild animals and wildlife can be unpredictable; while big predators may not roam around your park, smaller critters like birds or squirrels might still interrupt your ceremony if they come too close.
Tips on How to Organize Park Weddings in Austin
Planning a wedding in the park can be a great way to create an intimate and magical celebration in nature. With beautiful views and plenty of outdoor activities, Austin has parks perfect for weddings. Here are some tips on how to organize your dream park wedding in Austin:
- Hire Professional Vendors: To ensure a successful event, you'll need professionals who specialize in organizing weddings in park venues. They should help you plan out all the details, so everything runs smoothly on your special day.
- Choose Weather-Proof Decorations: To avoid any unfortunate surprises, it is vital to choose weather-proofed decorations, such as those made of plastic or metal, instead of fabric or paper products.
- Prepare Backup Plans: Inclement weather is always possible when hosting outdoor events—especially at park venues—so it's essential to be prepared with alternate plans if necessary. Ideas could include renting tents or pavilions and having indoor spaces available close to the backup venue if needed.
- Provide Bug Repellent & Sunscreen: The summer months can bring along pesky bugs and intense heat exposure, so providing guests with bug spray and sunscreen options will be much appreciated!
- Make Use Of Nature's Beauty: A significant advantage of having your wedding at a park venue is taking advantage of all its natural beauty! Utilize nearby trails, gardens, and more when decorating so everyone can enjoy the setting around them throughout the event.
- Create A Guest Map: Make sure guests know where they’re going by creating a map that shows directions from nearby landmarks/intersections to the specific area at the park where they should gather upon arriving at their destination.
Famous Locations in Austin
- Treaty Oak
The Treaty Oak is a majestic tree located in central Austin. Its limbs have been witness to centuries of Texan history, dating back to the first native tribes that inhabited the region. The tree was a symbol of power for the native nations of central Texas, as it could be used to make peace or declare war. The tree stands as a memorial of Austin's origins, symbolizing the divide between settlers and native tribes. Towering above the skyscrapers that surround it, Treaty Oak is a living representation of human history.
- Casa Neverlandia
Austin is full of weird and wonderful homes, and one of the most unique is Casa Neverlandia. This three-story mosaic-clad home was created by artist and owner James Edward Talbot as an ode to his personal journey. Talbot's background helps explain his interesting choice of profession and home. He comes from a family that traveled often, he went to school for architecture, and he has also lived in a treehouse and owned a playscape design company. Talbot's many experiences have informed the design of his home, which is full of childlike wonder. The vibrantly juxtaposed colors and materials, as well as the treehouse tower accessed by a bridge, are all inspired by Talbot's past adventures.
- Ellsworth Kelly's Austin
Ellsworth Kelly's Austin is a small stone building on the grounds of the University of Texas's Blanton Museum. The building was designed by the renowned artist Ellsworth Kelly, and it is the only building the artist ever designed. The building is named for the location for which he designed it: Austin. The building is a part of the museum's permanent collection and is known for its bright colors, bold shapes, and stained glass windows. These windows let in sunlight that casts a multicolored glow inside the chapel. Inside, there is an 18-foot wood sculpture and fourteen black and white marble panels adorning the walls.