Located in the picturesque Texas Hill Country, Austin has attracted people from all corners of the world drawn by its vibrant music and culture scene. The city is home to film studios, television networks, and other production companies that bring a lively creative spirit to the city.
Not only is Austin a popular tourist destination for its great food and bars, but also for interesting activities like kayaking on Lady Bird Lake or live music events at the South by Southwest Festival. But what really sets it apart? It seems that everyone who visits leaves wanting to stay in Austin - clearly something special is going on here!
Not only do many find themselves appreciating Austin’s laid-back attitude and spectacular outdoor spots, but even more surprising is the way people form tight connections with others for longer periods of time - it really does become an extended home away from home. Here's a fun fact: buzzing by day and night, bat populations near downtown were recently estimated at 1.5 million. That's lots of tiny flying mammals to keep you company!
Home Event Options in Austin
- Party Equipment Rentals
Renting tables, chairs, and other party supplies can be a great way to save time and hassle on your event preparations. Look for companies that offer delivery and set up, as well as take-down services, so you can relax and enjoy your party.
- Personal Chef
Hiring a personal chef can be a wonderful way to ensure that your event is catered exactly to your tastes and preferences. A personal chef will work with you to create a custom menu for your event, and can also help with other aspects of event planning, such as décor and drinks.
The music selected for an event can create or enhance the atmosphere. Bands and DJs add liveliness, while slower-paced selections provide a more relaxed vibe. Be sure to consider what feeling you want your guests to have and make song choices accordingly.
From simple streamers and balloons to more elaborate displays, the right décor can add flare and personality to any event. If you're not sure where to start, try looking for inspiration online or in party planning magazines.
Home Event Vendors in Austin
- Phenomenal Events And Party Rentals
Phenomenal Events and Party Rentals has been in the business of helping people party since 1968. The company started off as a general equipment rental store but, in 2005, changed its focus to full-party and wedding rentals under a new name: United Rent-All. Today, the company is known as Phenomenal Events and Party Rentals and offers a one-stop shop ability for all your party needs. The company specializes in private and corporate events, as well as weddings. Phenomenal Events and Party Rentals has expanded its services to include coordinating and decoration. The company now offers multiple packages that are designed to bring your party to life. Whether you need chair rentals, table rentals, or tent rentals, Phenomenal Events and Party Rentals is here to help.
D'jour is a catering company that specializes in providing event services for homes and vacation rental properties in Austin, Texas, and the surrounding areas. Its team does the shopping, cooking, serving and clean-up for its clients, so they can relax and enjoy being the perfect host. D'Jour has been operating since 2014, and its head chef D. Washington has years of experience in the restaurant industry. He decided to start D'jour because he wanted to bring the restaurant experience into people's homes, offering an interactive and fun catering service. When you book D'jour for your next event, you can be sure that you'll be getting delicious food, expert service, and a hassle-free experience.
- Dj Steady B
Dj Steady B has been a widely-known and respected figure in the music industry since 1997. With a diverse range of influences, from Prince to Green Velvet, Dj Steady B is a versatile artist who can appeal to any crowd. A skilled businessman as well as a performer, Dj Steady B has spent years perfecting his craft and is now one of the most sought-after DJs in the country. His high-energy performances have taken him all over the world, from Germany and Toronto to Detroit and Orlando, and he shows no signs of slowing down. If you're looking for a DJ who can get any crowd moving, Dj Steady B is your man.
Pros and Cons of Home Spaces in Austin
Renting a home space in Austin for an event is a wonderful way to create a unique and memorable experience. However, there are pros and cons to this option that you should consider before ultimately booking one of these event spaces. Below are several of the most important factors to consider when renting home spaces in Austin for hosting an event.
- One of the biggest advantages of renting home spaces in Austin is its central location, which makes it ideal for people who will be coming from out of town.
- Locking down a home space in Austin for an event often proves more cost-effective than booking traditional event venues like hotels or banquet halls, as they typically require much less overhead to manage the event.
- Renting a home space in Austin provides the opportunity for planners to create their own unique atmosphere by customizing all aspects of the event from decorating to food selection.
- Most homes have limited capacity, meaning if you host an overly large event you may run into issues with crowd control and potential complaints from neighbors.
- Certain parts of Austin have zoning regulations related to hosting events at residential properties that limit how many people can attend or what type of activities can take place within the property limits.
- When renting out a home space in Austin it’s important to remember that cleanup responsibilities fall onto the renter rather than being handled by staff from the venue itself.
Tips on How to Organize Home Spaces in Austin
Whether you're hosting a small family gathering or a large-scale event, preparing the home ahead of time is essential to ensure everything goes smoothly. Here are four tips to help you get the home space ready for guests:
- Create a welcoming entryway: First impressions count, so make sure your entryway is tidy and inviting. Clear away any clutter, and consider adding a few personal touches like a vase of fresh flowers or a basket of snacks.
- Make sure there's enough seating: Nothing is worse than guests being forced to stand around or sit on the floor. Make sure you have enough chairs and couches for everyone to be comfortable. If necessary, borrow chairs from friends or relatives.
- Stock up on supplies: From plates and napkins to plastic straws and cups, make sure you have enough supplies for your event. It's always better to err on the side of caution than run out in the middle of things.
- Have a plan: Before the big day, map out exactly what needs to be done and when. This will help you stay organized and avoid any last-minute scrambling. By following these tips, you'll be well on your way to hosting a successful event.
Famous Locations in Austin
- Elisabet Ney Museum
Elisabet Ney Museum is a small but significant museum dedicated to the sculptures and life of Elisabet Ney, one of the most important early Texas artists. The museum, located in Ney's former home and studio called Formosa in Austin, houses many of her works. Although small, the museum provides an interesting view into the life of a rich German woman who resided and worked with some of Texas' most renowned historical figures. The collection features busts and statues of point people from Germany and Texas, such as Sam Houston and Stephen F. Austin. Other exhibits delve into Ney's intricate process of building the sculptures. The Elisabet Ney Museum is a must-see for anyone interested in early Texas history or art.
- Ann and Roy Butler Trail
The Ann and Roy Butler Trail is situated in Austin, Texas stretching 10 miles around Lady Bird Lake. The trail is named after Ann and Roy Butler, who were instrumental in its development. The trail features a variety of landscapes, including wooded areas, open fields, and urban streets. Ann and Roy Butler Trail are versatile for all types of activities like running, walking, cycling, skateboarding - you name it. It's also great for dog-walking bird-watching and picnicking. The eastern part of the trail is more secluded with a boardwalk over the water which makes it more pleasant in hotter weather.
- Mueller Lake Park
Mueller Lake Park is a beautiful oasis in the middle of the Mueller neighborhood. The 30-acre park is home to a six-acre lake, which is perfect for catch-and-release fishing and duck feeding. If you're feeling active, there are five miles of gravel and concrete paths perfect for a vigorous jog or leisurely stroll. The kids won't be bored either with the playground area featuring standard swings and slides as well as jungle gyms and whimsical sculptures. If hunger strikes have no fear - food trucks are usually parked close by, making for a great spontaneous picnic. Mueller Lake Park is ideal if you're seeking a tranquil location or an exhilarating experience.