Austin is a standout city in the Lone Star State of Texas, with a buzzing energy and an undeniable charm. It's certainly no surprise that it's a popular destination for many people looking to shoot films and TV series; with its culture, vibrant music scene, and incredible Tex-Mex food, Austin gives filmmakers plenty to work with.
Even better, there are many high school reunions held in Austin given how far and wide former classmates have traveled—it's always nice to catch up over some freshly made guacamole! And who could resist learning an interesting fact about this iconic city? Contrary to popular belief, chicken-fried steak was actually invented in Bandera - not Austin!
High School Reunion Options in Austin
There are many catering options available for high school reunions. The most popular option is to have a buffet-style dinner. This option allows guests to choose what they want to eat and allows them to try a variety of dishes. Another option is to have a sit-down dinner. This option is more formal and typically includes a salad course, an entrée, and dessert. There are also many other catering options, such as hors d'oeuvres, food stations, and dessert bars.
The decorations can create a festive atmosphere for the reunion. One popular option is to use school colors and logos throughout the venue. Another option is to use photos of past reunions as decorations. You can also use props, such as yearbooks, graduation caps, and diplomas, to create a nostalgic feel. Be sure to choose what will best reflect your reunion's theme and mood.
It's important to capture the memories of your high school reunion! There are many different photography options available, such as photo booths, live photographers, and selfie stations. Be sure to choose the option that will best suit your needs and budget.
High School Reunion Vendors in Austin
- Urban Cowboy Southern Fusion
If you're searching for a catering service that can satisfy any palette, you've come to the correct spot. For over 25 years in Austin and New York City, Chris has worked in the catering and food service industry. Texas cuisine is dear to his heart. Urban Cowboy was founded in 2012 by combining big city and ethnic influences with a concentration on southern cuisine, and since then Urban Cowboy Catering has offered memorable meals and service to Austin and its neighboring areas. From the food to rentals, bar services, and more, you'll discover the genuine and honest approach to service at Urban Cowboy Southern Fusion.
- Think Outside the Booth
A photo booth has become a staple at events of all types. At Think Outside the Booth, they offer customization and personalization so your event's photos distinctly reflect your personality. They believe that your photo booth experience should be just as unique as your event itself. So whether it's elegant and classic or modern and funky, Think Outside the Booth will design a tailor-made photo booth to fit seamlessly with the vibe of your party. Think Outside the Booth is here to provide you with the best possible photo booths for any type of celebration!
- Balloon Boutique
Balloon Boutique is a balloon boutique that sells beautiful balloon arrangements composed of environmentally friendly balloons, all produced in the United States. They provide complete event styling and delivery throughout the greater Austin area. Balloon Boutique believes that nature should be an integral part of your next celebration. That's why they incorporate flowers and other organic materials into their arrangements to give them a more contemporary and natural feel! In addition to the ready-made options, Balloon Boutique offers personalized design consulting to support any event type or unique ideas that customers may have.
Pros and Cons of High Shool Reunions in Austin
High school reunions can be a great way to reconnect with old friends and classmates. But they can also be a lot of work to plan and organize. If you're thinking about organizing a high school reunion in Austin, here are some pros and cons to consider:
- It’s an ideal location due to its natural beauty and relatively mild climate year-round.
- As one of the fastest-growing cities in the US, there is no shortage of attractions to explore during a reunion such as restaurants, parks, museums, and other points of interest.
- The city offers many affordable housing options making it easier for alumni who may need extra accommodations during their stay or if they are traveling from out of town.
- Austin is well known as one of the top music cities in the world making it an ideal destination for people who want to check out music venues while they are in town.
- It can be expensive to attend a reunion, especially if you have to travel to attend it.
- Traffic congestion can sometimes be an issue, especially during peak tourist season.
- Some areas near downtown Austin have been undergoing rapid gentrification which could lead to higher prices than expected when looking into local restaurants or venues.
- Finding secure parking in Austin is quite tricky, since most people drive despite the public transportation system.
Tips on How to Organize High School Reunions in Austin
Organizing a high school reunion in Austin can be a tricky endeavor. From finding the perfect venue to securing the funds necessary to make every attendee feel welcome, there are many things to consider when planning a successful event. Here are some tips on how to organize high school reunions in Austin:
- Start planning early: Reunions are complex events and require lots of planning and preparation. Give yourself adequate time to make arrangements for venues, catering, entertainment, etc., so you can have a successful event.
- Find the right venue: When searching for the perfect venue for your reunion in Austin, consider factors such as cost, accessibility for attendees with disabilities or mobility issues, amenities available at the location such as parking and dressing facilities, sound systems if required for speeches or music presentations, etc.
- Reach out to old friends: Use social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter to reach out to former classmates who may not be aware of the reunion. You can also send out emails or letters via post if necessary. Include information about the date/time/place of the reunion as well as any other pertinent details that might be helpful.
- Manage food and beverages: Reunions often involve food and drinks. Cater your event according to the preferences of attendees while making sure that everyone has something they enjoy eating. Make arrangements ahead of time with local caterers or restaurants that offer discounts on bulk orders when hosting large events like reunions. Also, make sure that alcoholic beverages are only served to adults aged 21+ if present at your reunion – this will help avoid any legal issues related to serving alcohol at an event open to minors as well.
- Hire entertainment: Hiring entertainers such as DJs, comedians or bands will add energy and excitement to your event – research local performers within your budget range prior to booking anyone so you get quality talent at a reasonable price!
- Set up a photo booth: Having a designated space where attendees can take pictures together is always fun! Consider renting one from local vendors – this could include props/backgrounds in order to personalize photos taken during your reunion (e.g., using popular motifs from when you were all in high school).
- Offer activities/games/prizes: A great way to keep guests engaged throughout the night is by having activities they can participate in such as trivia games based on memories from their high school days; raffles with giveaway prizes are also popular!
- Prepare goodie bags and thank-you notes: Goodie bags filled with small gifts (chocolate bars/candies) and personalized notes from each guest thanking them for attending go long way towards expressing gratitude towards those who came to celebrate this special occasion with you!
Famous Locations in Austin
- Lady Bird Lake
One of Austin’s favorite activities is spending time on Lady Bird Lake. This man-made lake was created in 1960 as a cooling pond for the nearby Balcones Power Plant, but today it has become a popular spot for recreation. Visitors can take advantage of the walking and biking trails around the perimeter or rent kayaks or canoes from any of the local outfitters. The boardwalk provides stunning views of the city skyline at sunset. Auditorium Shores is another area on the lake worth seeing, with beautiful views of the cityscape at sunset. The lake is also home to a variety of eateries and bars, making it a popular destination for evening excursions.
- Mexican American Cultural Center
The Mexican American Cultural Center is a lovely facility that offers a variety of events and programs connected to the Mexican American experience. The Center is a place that celebrates the artistic and cultural accomplishments of Mexican Americans and Native Americans in the United States. Featuring an art gallery, performance spaces, meeting rooms, and an extensive library collection related to the culture, the center hosts regular exhibitions, performances, and workshops. If you're interested in learning more about the Mexican American experience in Austin specifically, this is definitely worth checking out!
- Texas Capitol
The Texas State Capitol is one of the most beautiful and historic buildings in Lone Star State, and a visit here is well worth your time. The Capitol was built in the late 1800s and has been restored to its former glory, with stunning architecture and intricate details that will take your breath away. You can take a guided tour of the Capitol, which runs every 20-30 minutes, or a self-guided tour at your own pace. Either way, you'll learn about the rich history of the building and Texas itself. And best of all, admission is free! So if you're looking for a unique and educational experience, be sure to add the Texas State Capitol to your list.