Albuquerque is an extraordinary filming location for your upcoming project. With its unique desert landscape and eclectic culture, your movie will have no other equal, as it offers a truly special experience that cannot be replicated elsewhere. In addition to its convenient location, Albuquerque provides easy access to top-notch facilities and services, making it the ideal spot to work on a video shoot.
From commercials and music videos to feature films, Albuquerque can provide the perfect backdrop and setting for any production. Albuquerque is also home to some of Hollywood’s most popular directors and actors who have taken advantage of its stunning scenery and creative spirit since its early filmmaking days.
The city has hosted lists of crews, including the team who worked on classic westerns such as "Stagecoach" directed by John Ford in 1939 up until recent productions like AMC's hit series Breaking Bad directed by Vince Gilligan in 2008. It goes to show that Alburquerque is a wonderful place for new filmmakers but also for veterans with years of experience in the industry who are looking for exciting places to shoot their next project.
Video Shoot Options in Albuquerque
If you're looking for a makeup artist to help make your talent look their best, Albuquerque has plenty of options. Many talented makeup artists in the city can help make your vision come to life.
A competent video photographer is a must-have for any video production, especially if you don’t have the required skills to create that polished shot. Luckily, Albuquerque has many skilled and professional videographers who can assist you in capturing your project accurately.
A hairstylist can bring your project to its pinnacle of perfection. Unstyled hair can be distracting on video! So whether you want an updo or a new hair color, or you simply want that polished hairstyle, many talented hairstylists can make your vision come true. A skilled professional will change your image and make it suitable for your video shoot.
Video Shoot Vendors in Albuquerque
- Crystal Nunez
With over 16 years in the industry, Crystal Nunez is a certified hair extension specialist and colorist. She also provides integration hair pieces, extensions, and treatments that help you define your hair. Crystal is a hair expert whose areas of expertise include destination wedding services, hair strands, natural-looking hair extensions, and makeup applications for photo and video shoots. Come to Demi's Salon Boutiques in Albuquerque for an in-person consultation with Crystal!
- Avista Video Histories
Wedding videos, business, and commercial videos, and family histories are Avista Video Histories’ specialties. The company has been in business since 1996, producing full-scale productions cherished by many. Owner Lisa Witt ran the company until 2013 when long-time videographer and editor John Ortiz took over. Ortiz has updated the company's equipment and brought a fresh new style to the production, ensuring that Avista remains at the forefront of the industry. With a team of skilled professionals, Avista can capture your most precious memories and turn them into timeless keepsakes. So whether you're getting married or documenting your family tree, Avista Video Histories is a perfect choice.
- M’tucci’s Catering
With over 35 years of combined experience in the culinary industry, M’tucci’s Catering serves delicious and authentic Italian cuisine in Albuquerque and Rio Rancho. Whatever the event or party, whether it’s a wedding, a family gathering, or any other special event, M’tucci’s will take care of it. They can serve breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, and offer delivery to the location (which is perfect for video shoots).
Pros and Cons of Video Shoots in Albuquerque
Albuquerque is a lovely setting to work on a video production project because of its unique desert landscape and rich culture. However, there are things you should keep in mind before settling on filming locations in Albuquerque. Here are some pros and cons of hosting video shoots in Albuquerque:
- The unparalleled scenery and locations in Albuquerque make for a beautiful backdrop for any video shoot.
- Because the city is no stranger to filming, you’ll have easy access to top-notch filming facilities and services.
- The city is centrally located for your convenience, so you’ll have no problem traveling to and from a location for your video shoot.
- Weather can be unpredictable, so you’ll have to think of a backup plan in case it goes sour.
- It may be difficult to find crew and equipment locally, so you’ll have to research in advance.
- Permits may be required for certain locations, so this is something to think about during the planning process.
- Depending on the theme and subject of your video shoot, the vast desert of the city may not be suitable for all types of projects.
Tips on How to Organize Video Shoots in Albuquerque
Organizing a successful video shoot in Albuquerque can be a daunting task. From finding the perfect location to hiring the best crew and equipment, there’s a lot to consider. But, with the right planning and preparation, you can ensure that your video shoot runs as smoothly as possible. Here are some tips on how to organize video shoots in Albuquerque to help you make the most of your next project.
- Do your homework: Research local film permit regulations and applications during the pre-production process. Albuquerque has its set of rules and regulations that govern the local film production industry, and they must be followed in order to legally work on video shoots in the city.
- Look into utilizing Albuquerque’s film and sound studios when planning a shoot: These studios provide lists of resources and assistance with finding the necessary crew, equipment, locations, and services needed for the project.
- Identify filming sites ahead of time: It’s important to be aware of any potential filming restrictions at certain locations, such as noise ordinances or prohibited activities on specific days/times of the week.
- Look at rental services: Research available rental services for any additional camera equipment needed beyond what you may already own or have access to. It gives you an opportunity to compare prices when renting different types of cameras and accessories from various companies within Albuquerque.
Famous Locations in Albuquerque
- The Historic El Rey Theater
For over a decade, the El Rey Theater has been organizing quality and safe concerts, special events, and fundraisers for the city and beloved state of Albuquerque, New Mexico. They are more than just event planners - they are focused on improving the quality of life for the unique citizens of Albuquerque. The theatre team consistently hears from artists near and far that Albuquerque is a great place to visit because the people here know how to have a good time! The staff is proud to be a part of this vibrant city and looks forward to continuing to bring quality events and experiences to the Albuquerque community.
- Sunshine Theater
The Sunshine Building is an important part of Albuquerque's history. The six-story building was constructed in 1924 and originally housed offices and a 920-seat movie theater. The building is made of reinforced concrete with a yellow brick facade. In 1985, it was included in the National Register of Historic Places and has been considered a Historic Landmark by the city. It was Albuquerque's first movie palace, in which the first film that was shown was Scaramouche (1923). Today, Sunshine remains an integral part of the city as a live music venue. It has seen performances of artists such as Snoop Dogg, The Strokes, The Smashing Pumpkins, and more.
- KiMo Theatre
The KiMo Theatre is a much-loved Albuquerque landmark in downtown’s heart. The theater offers a unique and intimate setting for all kinds of quality entertainment. There's something for everyone at the KiMo, from ballets to artist discussions to local and national concerts. There's also theater, film screenings, and more. And thanks to recent restoration efforts, the historic theater is now sparkling better than ever before. Whether you're looking for a night of laughs at a comedy show or an evening of classic cinema on the big screen, a visit to the KiMo Theatre is sure to be a memorable experience.