Seattle is a bustling metropolis brimming with culture, history, and adventure. Located in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, Seattle has become known for its unique architecture and design. Seattle offers something for every architectural enthusiast, from iconic high-rise buildings to modernist churches. The mid-century modern movement was particularly influential in Seattle during the second half of the 20th century, and many landmarks from that era can still be seen today.
For those looking to explore more of Seattle’s mid-century design, plenty of events and tours are dedicated to showcasing this fantastic period. From guided walking tours through famous mid-century neighborhoods to lectures on design trends from past eras, there’s something for everyone interested in Seattle’s architectural history. Additionally, local museums offer special exhibitions featuring works by designers and architects that shaped the cityscape during this era.
Mid-century modern homes and establishments in Seattle are suitable for events such as private parties and even filming or photo shoots. With expansive spaces inside and elegant interiors, these stately homes are perfect for any project or event requiring a sophisticated backdrop.
Mid-century Modern Event Options in Seattle
Live music is a great way to bring a mid-century modern vibe to any party in Seattle. Consider hiring a band specializing in classic jazz, swing, and blues tunes from the era. Guests will be sure to love tapping their toes along to the beat.
Make your mid-century modern party complete with bartenders dressed to the nines! Try finding bartenders specializing in making signature cocktails from the era, such as Manhattans and Whiskey Sours. If you want to go all out for your event, look for bartenders who perform party tricks like flipping bottles and mixing drinks without spilling a drop.
- Transport Rentals
Consider renting vehicles from the period, such as vintage cars and trucks, to complete your mid-century modern look. This is an easy way to transport guests and add a touch of class to your event. You can also find companies offering more unique options, such as chauffeured limousines or horse-drawn carriages, for those looking for something more extravagant.
Mid-century Modern Event Vendors in Seattle
- The Windstrings Music Ensemble
The professional team at Windstrings Music Ensemble is renowned for its knack for adapting to any request and delivering beautiful music without breaking the budget. Whether you need quiet background music or an on-stage performance that wows at the mid-century modern gathering, you can rest assured that you get good customer service.
- Seattle LX Limo
Seattle LX Limo has been providing professional, customer-friendly since years. From business functions to proms and mid-century modern events to garden locations, any occasion can make use of their wide range of vehicles. Their courteous and professionally trained drivers are eager to serve customers and give them an unforgettable ride. Plus, all their vehicles are newer models meticulously maintained for the best possible experience.
- Kitsap Bartending Services
Kitsap Bartending Services has over 12 years of experience in the beverage industry and can offer a personal and comprehensive service to fulfill all the bar needs at the mid-century modern event. Whether you are planning a small, informal gathering or a large, formal party, they can provide efficient service with professional and friendly bartenders. The staff has a great network of experienced mixologists who possess all the qualifications to ensure your guests are served quickly and expertly with a smile.
Pros and Cons of Mid-century Modern Events in Seattle
While Seattle certainly provides a plethora of options, finding the perfect mid-century modern event location can be daunting. But before you throw up your hands in confusion and despair, try weighing out the pros and cons of selecting a venue from this era.
- Most locations feature an intriguing juxtaposition of vintage kitsch and modern conveniences, making it easy to have a picture-perfect celebration.
- They may also feature interesting architectural details, making them stand out from other event spaces.
- Seattle's dazzling skyline views provide a stunning backdrop for any evening event or ultra-stylish soiree.
- Finding adequate parking in Seattle can be an issue, so make sure to consider a venue that already has a parking space for guests.
- Mid-century modern venues may come with hefty fees or rental costs that can dent your budget.
- Depending on where you decide to host your mid-century mingle, finding an appropriately sized space might be an issue if attendance exceeds expectations.
Tips on How to Organize Events at Mid-century Modern Locations in Seattle
If you're planning a mid-century modern event in Seattle, don't worry. This city brought us all those classic diners and coffee shops! To help your event go off without a hitch, check out our list of tips on organizing the best mid-century modern soirée.
- First, choose a location with plenty of character: Seattle has many fascinating historical buildings that can provide that perfect vintage touch for your event.
- Second, think about your theme: If retro-inspired is the kind of theme you're aiming for, incorporate elements like neon signs and jukeboxes for throwback fun.
- Third, consider adding outdoor seating if your space allows for it: Many mid-century modern homes have expansive lawns and backyards that you can use for outdoor activities. Look into renting furniture or decorations from party supply stores.
- Fourth, hire a reputable caterer: In planning an event in a mid-century modern home, match the elegance with a local caterer that serves high-quality, delicious dishes. You can let your guests indulge in classic comfort foods such as burgers and shakes, or serve full-course meals.
- Fifth, double-check your permits if you plan on having any alcohol at the event: Hire a licensed bartender to keep track of the alcohol served during the party.
Famous Locations in Seattle
- Howell Park and Beach
If you are after a little bit of peace close to the city, then Howell Park will surely deliver. Situated along the shoreline of Lake Washington, this beautiful recreational area provides a tranquil spot perfect for a range of activities. Whether you want to take in the calm atmosphere with a stroll on the wooded trail leading to Howell Beach, or if sandcastles, sunbathing and picnics are more your speed—there is something for everyone! To truly appreciate its natural beauty, visit during summer when the park's community facilities are ready and open.
- The International Fountain
A visit to the International Fountain in Seattle's Center Park is a must for anyone taking a trip to the city. Built in 1966 as part of the World's Fair, it has become an iconic sight in town and a favorite for locals and visitors alike. Each year, the fountain is turned on for the first time in April and runs through October, transforming into a picturesque wonder with water jetting up to 20 feet high. Its misty atmosphere provides cooling respite from hot days and is perfect fun for children who love to play in it. In short, if you find yourself near Seattle, enjoy what this unique fountain has to offer.
- The Red Hall at Seattle's Central Library
Step into the Red Hall at Seattle's Central Library, and you'll be captivated by a work of art like no other. An opportunity to experience something so unique doesn't come around often! Walking down the velvet red walls and pathways, with windows designed as natural shapes, one can easily be wowed by the magnificent beauty of the place. It's almost as if you are given a tour inside the inner machinery of a submarine or human anatomy, causing feelings of dizziness by its alluring design. For those wanting to experience this captivating environment while avoiding heights, an elevator conveniently takes them to another level to explore.