Phoenix is the capital of the state of Arizona, located in the Southwestern United States. This unique desert city has an average temperature of 69.7°F (21°C), and over 300 days of sunshine each year, making it a popular destination for year-round outdoor activities. Phoenix is also home to professional sports teams including the Arizona Diamondbacks, Phoenix Suns, and Arizona Cardinals; it also boasts an impressive selection of cultural institutions such as the Phoenix Art Museum, Musical Instrument Museum, and Heard Museum.
Because of Phoenix's sunny weather and gorgeous scenery, outdoor weddings are incredibly popular here — and backyard ceremonies are no exception. Backyard wedding venues in Phoenix are highly sought after due to the unique setting and scenic views that they provide. No matter the size of your special day, the city has the perfect backyard location for you and your guests to celebrate your big day.
Backyard Wedding Options in Phoenix
- Equipment Rentals
For your Phoenix backyard wedding, consider renting the necessary items such as tables, chairs, or decorations. Depending on the type of event and group size you are hosting, there is a wide selection of local vendors to choose from that offer quality rentals at affordable prices. Furthermore, these services come with experienced staff that can help make sure everything is set up perfectly for your special day.
- Wedding Cakes
Of course, no backyard wedding would be complete without a delicious wedding cake. In Phoenix, countless professional bakeries offer wedding cakes tailored specifically to clients’ needs and preferences. Moreover, most of these professionals can customize a cake that is suitable for outdoor venues such as backyards.
Your backyard wedding is undoubtedly one of the most important days in your life, which is why you should hire a photographer to capture the milestones of your big day. There are plenty of Phoenix-based professionals that have extensive experience in covering weddings and all types of events. You should consider a photographer that has previously worked with an outdoor wedding because they have the skills needed to take advantage of the natural light to make the images look better.
Backyard Wedding Vendors in Phoenix
- Party People Rentals
At Party People Rentals, they know that every event is special, which is why they offer a wide variety of high-quality party rental equipment to make sure your wedding is exactly what you want it to be. From audio-visual and meeting equipment to chairs, tables, canopies, and umbrellas, they have all the items you need to complete your backyard wedding setup. Moreover, their experienced sales staff is always on hand to answer any questions you may have, allowing you to have a stress-free wedding planning experience.
- The Velvet Buttercream
The Velvet Buttercream is a Phoenix-based bakery that is dedicated to crafting breathtakingly gorgeous and flavorful cakes for every occasion. They offer a wide range of desserts and sweet treats, including cakes, cupcakes, pies, and cookies — all of which are freshly baked using the finest ingredients; they can also cater to dietary restrictions such as vegan and gluten-free requests. For wedding cakes, they can customize them according to clients’ requests; they even offer tasting to ensure that you get the perfect treat for your wedding day.
- Sweet Jojo Photography
Every moment is precious, and Sweet Jojo Photography specializes in capturing those precious moments so you can cherish them for a lifetime. Whether it's your wedding day, a family reunion, or just a fun day in the park with your kids, they will be there to document it with their unique photojournalistic style. Their award-winning photographers have an eye for detail and an ability to capture the natural beauty of any moment. And because they believe that every moment should be captured in its natural setting, they only use natural light to create an ethereal look that is truly unlike any other.
Pros and Cons of Backyard Weddings in Phoenix
Phoenix has a lot to offer when it comes to backyard weddings. Whether you're looking for an intimate gathering or a full-blown party, you can find everything you need in the Phoenix area:
- Backyard weddings are often much more affordable than other types of wedding venues. You can save money on things like decorations, catering, and entertainment because you’ll be using your own supplies or those from local vendors.
- Backyard weddings provide a unique atmosphere for your special day that is both intimate and charming.
- With a backyard wedding, you have more freedom to get creative; you can choose the decorations and food that best reflect your style and personality.
- The weather in Phoenix can be unpredictable and can impact your plans for an outdoor wedding. Thus, you should take this into account and have a contingency plan in case of bad weather.
- Since backyard weddings are typically smaller, there is often less time for preparation. You may have to work within a tighter timeline than you would with a larger venue.
- When planning your wedding in a residential area, it's important to be mindful of neighbors and local ordinances by ensuring that the noise levels during your event won’t be bothersome to others.
Tips on How to Organize Backyard Weddings in Phoenix
Planning a backyard wedding in Phoenix? With the proper preparation and organization, your event can be an unforgettable experience for everyone. To make sure your special day is flawless, here are some essential tips to guide you:
- Choose the Right Space: When choosing a space for your backyard wedding, look for an area that has enough room for both the ceremony and reception. Avoid overcrowding by confirming the number of guests who will be attending.
- Secure Necessary Permits: More often than not, you may need to obtain permits or licenses to host your event. Check with local authorities before proceeding to make sure you’re following all rules and regulations.
- Choose Vendors Wisely: When selecting vendors for your wedding, make sure to research their credentials and reviews. It’s important to choose professionals with experience in backyard weddings who can deliver the results you desire.
- Create a Budget: To ensure that your event stays within budget, create a list of expenses and prioritize them according to importance. This will help you plan accordingly and avoid overspending.
- Rules & Regulations: Make sure to follow all local laws and ordinances when planning your event; this includes noise regulations, parking restrictions, and more.
Famous Locations in Phoenix
- The Sonoran Preserve
North Phoenix's Sonoran Preserve is a must-see for nature enthusiasts and amateur explorers alike. The preserve boasts 9,600 acres of unadulterated desert, complete with three trailhead locations and 36 miles of hiking trails. The southernmost area of the preserve is home to the Bobcat Trail, which, despite its name, is suitable for hikers of all skill levels. For those looking for more of a challenge, the summit of Dixie Mountain awaits; meanwhile, in the northern area of the preserve, Ridgeback Overlook and Apache Vista offer breathtaking views and miles upon miles of connecting trails to explore.
- Heard Museum
The historic Heard Museum in Phoenix, which dates back to 1929, is dedicated to the culture and the of the native Indian peoples of the Southwest. The museum's galleries and outdoor courtyards showcase traditional and contemporary Native American art; it is home to an impressive collection of kachina dolls, jewelry, basketwork, pottery, and textiles. Moreover, the Heard has an outdoor sculpture garden that you can tour, and when you need a break, there's a café with fresh food where you can sit in the courtyard.
- North/Northwest Phoenix
North/Northwest Phoenix is a great neighborhood to visit for several reasons. First, the area is home to many urban villages, each with its unique character; from the lush Paradise Valley to the desert-landscaped Desert View, there's something for everyone to explore. In addition, the neighborhood is home to many great restaurants and bars, making it a great place to unwind after a long day of exploring.