About New York
New York City is one of the biggest and most iconic cities in the United States, serving as a global hub for businesses, media, art, fashion, and culture. It is renowned for its skyscrapers and bridges that have become symbols of the New York skyline. The city has an exciting energy with endless opportunities, from restaurants to tourist attractions such as Central Park and Times Square.
Additionally, many world-renowned universities are located within the city limits and contribute to this energy. For those looking for higher education opportunities outside their home countries or states, these universities offer various courses ranging from fields such as Arts, Sciences, or Technology for people to explore and grow in knowledge. All in all, New York can prove to be rewarding due to its unique attributes, artistically speaking and when it comes to furthering one's academic studies.
The diverse population and rich artistic atmosphere make New York an exciting place to host an academic gathering. With famous universities such as Columbia, NYU, Cornell, and Fordham calling the city home, it's no surprise that New York boasts impressive graduates and faculty members who can contribute valuable knowledge to any university event.
There are diverse choices for event hosts who need professional cleaning services here in New York. Companies exist that specialize solely in special occasions clean up, or you could hire a day-of coordinator to manage every little detail surrounding your occasion.
- Audio/Visual Equipment Rental
There are plenty of options to rent audio/visual equipment in New York. You can find anything from PA systems to projectors and screens, with most companies offering discounts for long-term rentals.
- Party Supplies
You can get everything you need to decorate an event space at any party supply store in New York. Party City is a well-known choice, but most dollar shops and supermarkets provide the same items.
University Vendors in New York
- Busy Bee
Busy Bee provides various services, from household maid services to office cleaning. They understand New Yorkers have busy schedules, so they offer quick and dependable services at reasonable costs.
- Rental Express
Rental Express has an expansive inventory that can handle any sized event, from small get-togethers to large corporate parties. Additionally, they always keep the equipment clean and up-to-date with the latest trends.
- Party City
Party City offers various party goods and decorations to transform any occasion into a cherished celebration. They have themed balloons, costumes, tableware, and accessories to ensure your event is successful.
Pros and Cons of University Events in New York
Advantages and disadvantages come with every university location, including New York City. Below are several of them:
- NYC has diverse universities offering varying facilities for all events.
- New York is a large and vibrant city, making after-event fun accessible. There are endless activities and attractions to keep attendees busy.
- University locations in New York tend to be very diverse, providing flexibility in choosing a space that works for your guests or the occasion.
- Expenses in New York can be very high, and having a flexible event budget will be necessary.
- Crime rates in some areas of New York can be high, so attendees need to be aware of their surroundings and take precautions when traveling around the city.
- Traffic in New York can be very congested. Consider this as you choose the time for the event.
Tips on How to Organize University Locations in New York
If you're feeling stressed about hosting a party in a university setting, read on for some organization tips:
- Choose your location: List different universities and places on campus, like certain dorms or classroom buildings. Keep this master list somewhere safe so that you can easily reference it later.
- Be prepared: Being prepared makes all the difference. Research and create a document with the necessary details for your event. It saves you a lot of hassle down the road. Include contact information, hours of operation, and any special requests or guidelines.
- Send out invites: Send a message to event attendees telling them which university location they should visit. Give specific instructions about meeting points or check-in procedures, if necessary.
Famous Locations in New York
- Site of New York Slave Market
74 Wall Street has a dark past that might not be immediately apparent. This sleek and modern condominium was once the site of the New York slave market. From the 1600s to 1827, the market brokered the sale and purchase of enslaved individuals, and their bodies were commodities in the lucrative triangle trade. Though no physical remnants remain today of the atrocities that occurred here, we must never forget 74 Wall Street's role in one of America's blackest moments. It should remind us to interrogate and confront the institutions that propagate inequality and bigotry.
- Trinity Churchyard
Although it is significantly smaller than cemeteries in other bustling cities, the Trinity Churchyard more than makes up for its size with historical significance. For example, Alexander Hamilton, his son Philip, and Walt Whitman's brother George are all buried here. The churchyard also contains renowned monuments like the 9/11 Memorial Glade celebrating lives lost during the 2001 terrorist attacks. Lower Manhattan's Financial District is home to a hidden gem: a beautiful churchyard open for visitors to explore and pay their respects.
- Museum of American Finance
Knowledge is a powerful tool when it comes to comprehending the financial world. That's why the Museum of American Finance, which John Herzog founded in 1988, is a vital learning resource. The museum is situated in New York City's Financial District and houses a diverse range of relics and displays that chronicle America's financial history. There is something for everyone to learn about Alexander Hamilton's duties as our first Treasury Secretary, Wall Street's fall and recovery, and much more. The events and developments in finance are constantly changing, so this museum is a great place to learn for professionals and regular people.