About Kansas City
Kansas City is a vibrant city resting at the Missouri and Kansas rivers junction. With a population of over 500,000, it is the 37th most populous metropolitan area in the US. Known for its culture, cuisine, architecture, and outdoor activities, Kansas City has something for everyone. From iconic barbecue restaurants to the world-renowned jazz music and art scene, there is no shortage of things to do in this bustling Midwestern hub.
Outdoor event venues in Kansas City offer unforgettable experiences for any gathering or celebration. Whether an intimate get-together or an elaborate wedding ceremony, you will find plenty of options in the city. These venues provide breathtaking views, open-air bars, fire pits, and sound systems to create a memorable atmosphere.
In addition to providing ample space for any kind of activity imaginable such as live music performances or outdoor games like cornhole or bocce ball, outdoor event venues in Kansas City make it easy to customize your special occasion by adding decor that ties into the overall ambiance and atmosphere.
Outdoor Event Options in Kansas City
- Furniture Equipment Rentals
This option allows for the convenience of renting furniture and other equipment necessary to host an outdoor event in Kansas City. Rental companies carry diverse inventories, from tables, chairs, and canopies to tents and other items needed for an effective setup.
- Event Planner
An experienced event planner is essential for organizing an outdoor event in Kansas City. They can help you navigate all the details, including permits, vendor contracts, and scheduling. With their expertise, they will ensure your event goes as smoothly as possible with minimal stress for you!
For outdoor events, the food arrangements can vary based on the size. Local restaurants and specialized vendors can cater to any occasion, offering diverse options. From plated dinners to buffet-style meals, they can also accommodate specific dietary restrictions upon request.
- A/V Equipment
A/V (audio/visual) equipment is another necessary item when hosting an outdoor event in Kansas City. Having sound systems, projectors, and other audio/visual devices helps to set the mood for your guests and ensures everyone has a great time!
Adding ambient lighting enhances your outdoor event in Kansas City. Equipment rental companies provide automated lighting displays or LED light strings that offer beautiful visuals after dark while keeping everyone safe throughout.
Outdoor Event Vendors in Kansas City
OnTrackLighting (OTL) is a professional event lighting rental and programming business based in Kansas and Missouri. They provide high-quality lighting for weddings and outdoor events, custom projections, DJ equipment, and speaker rentals. The team at OTL understands the importance of having reliable lighting to capture any moment, ensuring that every event is memorable.
- Ultrapom Event Rental
Ultrapom Event Rental is the perfect solution for creating a unique, personalized event without investing in costly decor. From traditional designs like chuppahs and ghost chairs to more modern trends like sequin tablecloths and gold flatware, Ultrapom has something for every occasion. Their vast collection of products gives customers the freedom to create an environment that speaks to their personalities.
- Brancato’s Catering
This food business specializes in diverse culinary options, from exquisite restaurant-style meals to mouthwatering barbeque, boxed lunches, and impeccable wedding reception catering. Not only that, but they also provide comprehensive event planning and top-notch tent rental services, including canopies for outdoor events.
Pros and Cons of Outdoor Event Venues in Kansas City
Organizing an outdoor event in Kansas City is no small feat! There are many advantages and disadvantages to consider before embarking on this endeavor.
- The region enjoys mild temperatures year-round, making it easy to host events outdoors for most of the year.
- With its thriving food scene, Kansas City has delicious catering options that can make any event memorable.
- Downtown areas offer plenty of parking options for attendees from out of town or nearby cities.
- Weather conditions can be unpredictable in Kansas City, so organizers may find it challenging to manage outdoor plans based on constantly changing forecasts or unexpected rain showers or thunderstorms.
- Insects can be a nuisance during certain times of the year if you are hosting an evening event near wooded areas where mosquitos might be present.
- Traffic congestion in certain parts of the city can cause delays for guests arriving at your event if they do not plan properly or take alternate routes.
Tips on How to Organize Outdoor Event Venues in Kansas City
Organizing an outdoor event in Kansas City can be a daunting task. However, with preparation and strategy, you can ensure your event goes off without a hitch. Here are tips on how to successfully organize an outdoor event in Kansas City:
- Research Venue Availability: Make sure to research the venue availability and limitations there may be so you can navigate them ahead of time.
- Check Weather Forecasts: Be mindful of the weather forecast for the area and take precautions for potential inclement weather, such as providing shade or umbrellas for spectators.
- Choose Appropriate Entertainment: Get creative with choosing entertainment that will keep guests entertained and engaged throughout the event.
- Use Available Resources: Tap into available resources like local vendors who may be willing to lend their services or donate goods and materials for your event.
- Promote Your Event: Spread awareness about your event through various channels such as social media, local publications, and word-of-mouth marketing techniques to get people excited about attending your event.
- Have A Plan B In Place: Always have a backup plan in case something unexpected happens during the event so it runs as smoothly as possible regardless of any hiccups.
Famous Locations in Kansas City
- Frank Bott House - Frank Lloyd Wright
The Frank Bott House, designed by the legendary architect Frank Lloyd Wright, is a true architectural marvel. Located in Kansas City, the house has an easily identifiable style rooted in Wright’s principles of organic architecture, featuring curved walls and red tile bearing his signature. It offers a breathtaking view of the city skyline, which adds to its charm. The residence also serves as a reminder of his legacy, who revolutionized modern architecture during the 20th century. His work deeply impacted future architects and continues to be admired today.
- The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts
Since opening in 2011, The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts has become a critical cornerstone of Kansas City's culture. Attracting visitors from near and far, this renowned center is home to the Lyric Opera of Kansas City, the Kansas City Symphony, and the Kansas City Ballet. Each year, it captivates audiences with its exceptional performances, drawing in locals, nationals, and internationals alike. With a commitment to ensuring access to all people regardless of financial ability or disabilities, the center also provides free tickets to underserved audiences through its Community Ticket program.
- National WWI Museum and Memorial and Liberty Memorial Tower
The National WWI Museum and Memorial, located in Kansas City, is a testament to the impact of the First World War on the nation. The Liberty Memorial Tower stands tall at the center as a symbol of hope and remembrance for those who served and sacrificed during this time. The museum features impressive exhibits that explore aspects of the war, from its causes and history to its lingering effects on society. Congress recognized its significance by designating it as the official American World War I memorial in 2004.