About Kansas City
Kansas City is a vibrant and dynamic city in the Midwestern United States on the Missouri-Kansas border. With its modern skyline, diverse neighborhoods, and a wide array of attractions, Kansas City is an ideal destination for anyone looking for an exciting urban adventure. From a thriving art scene to numerous cultural activities and events, there’s always something new to explore.
The city boasts an array of excellent restaurants, nightlife spots, and plenty of green space -- from expansive parks to picturesque gardens.
When it comes to filming opportunities, Kansas City has plenty of exciting options. Creative office spaces are particularly attractive to filmmakers thanks to their unique architecture and design elements. Additionally, many area businesses offer inexpensive rates for filmmaking projects, making Kansas City an excellent choice for budget-minded filmmakers. A bonus for any production team is the state’s popular 30 percent film rebate program that provides financial assistance to productions deemed eligible by the state government.
An interesting fact about Kansas City is that it was once home to legendary jazz musician Charlie Parker who helped create the bebop jazz style in the 1940s and 50s. Today, visitors can enjoy Kansas City's rich musical heritage at one of its many live music venues or at an outdoor festival such as the 18th & Vine Jazz Festival, which takes place every year in June.
Creative Office Options in Kansas City
There are various options if you're looking for a videographer in Kansas City. You can find several local professionals at affordable prices who specialize in wedding videos, corporate videos, and other special events. Companies offer packages that include high-quality cameras and lighting to capture the best shots. Many companies also employ specialized editing software and equipment to ensure your project looks amazing.
When planning an event in Kansas City, you may need to consider additional lighting needs. Professional lighting equipment can be rented from local companies specializing in this service type. Whether you are looking for theatrical or stage lighting or just simple accent pieces to add a bit of ambiance to the room — this is an important element for any event. Depending on the size and budget of your event, you could even bring in a specialized technician who knows how to operate the various lights and create dynamic visual effects.
- Office equipment
Various office equipment options are available, from simple desktop computers to advanced multifunction printers and scanners. Some common pieces of office equipment include laptops, desktops, copiers, scanners, fax machines, printers, and keyboards.
Creative Office Vendors in Kansas City
- PURE Workplace Solutions
Workplaces have undergone significant transformations in recent years. In 2017, Wong observed this shift and decided to align his business strategy with the emerging corporate culture. PURE Workplace Solutions, established in 1996, experienced rapid growth by acquiring Hesston Business Interiors, situated in downtown Wichita, Kansas. By partnering with BA Designs, they focus on interior solutions for higher education and government establishments.PURE Workplace Solutions provide comprehensive commercial furniture solutions for various types of workplaces, including offices, healthcare facilities, hotels, and government buildings.
- Warehouse of Fixtures
Office Furniture Kansas City recognizes the significance of selecting suitable furniture for offices and workspaces, understanding its profound impact on employee comfort and productivity. Founded in 2018, Office Furniture Kansas City is committed to delivering exceptional customer service. The company firmly believes that making the right furniture investment can yield long-term advantages, including heightened employee satisfaction and morale, improved overall health for individuals working in the space, and a lasting sense of connection between personnel and the brand.
- J'adore Home & Garden
Jadore is a renowned destination for those interested in home and garden decor. It offers a unique selection of items that are visually stunning and cater to various tastes. Visitors can expect to find a range of products, including vases, artwork, novelty furniture pieces, and textiles. The talented designers at Jadore provide inspiration beyond expectations, and the friendly staff ensures a personalized and interactive experience.
Pros and Cons of Creative Office Spaces in Kansas City
Kansas City is an increasingly popular destination for those looking to make a movie or other creative content. Its vibrant downtown and suburban areas offer the perfect backdrop for any storyteller, plus the city’s thriving economy has attracted many film production companies to the region. Creative office spaces in Kansas City are becoming an increasingly attractive option for filmmakers, providing convenience and cost savings when shooting a movie or video project.
- Cost savings — Creative office spaces in Kansas City offer filmmakers a significantly lower cost than renting studio space or shooting on location. Lower rental rates and overhead costs can help offset some of the expenses of making a movie or video project. Additionally, since these locations often feature all necessary amenities, including furniture, lighting, sound equipment, etc., they can reduce the need to rent additional items or hire extra crew members.
- Convenience — Creative office spaces also provide filmmakers with added convenience by eliminating the need to travel between different locations during shoots. All necessary amenities and support (including janitorial services) are included in one convenient location, saving time and money and allowing filmmakers to focus more on their creative work instead of coordinating between different locations.
- Flexibility — Creative office spaces are also very flexible regarding set design and construction needs. Many of these facilities offer large open spaces that can easily be adapted for various types of film sets without extensive renovation work or costly modifications required. This makes them ideal for smaller productions that don’t have the budget for expensive studio space rentals or complicated construction projects at other locations.
- Limited Space — One major downside of using creative office spaces is that they tend to be limited in size, particularly when compared to professional studio facilities, which usually have much larger rooms available for shooting scenes and setting up sets. This can be especially challenging for productions requiring multiple rooms simultaneously, such as multi-camera shoots or complex staging setups where there may not be enough space within one facility alone.
- Lack of Professional Lighting & Sound Equipment — Another potential issue is that many creative offices do not have access to professional lighting and sound equipment, which could limit the scope of any given production significantly depending on its requirements, creating additional costs associated with renting high-end equipment elsewhere if needed (not always feasible with tight budgets).
- Noise Restrictions — Lastly, while creative office buildings generally don’t impose strict noise restrictions like commercial production studios often do (due to nearby businesses/residents), they still may need to abide by certain local laws regarding noise levels which could interfere with certain scenes being filmed during working hours as well as after dark depending on their proximity to residential areas.
Tips on How to Organize Creative Office Spaces in Kansas City
Kansas City is a thriving metropolis with creative energy and unique office spaces. The city has become a hub for various artistic productions, from television and film to photography and music. When it comes to filming in this vibrant city, there are many aspects to consider to ensure that the shoot goes off without a hitch. Here are some tips on how to organize filming in creative office spaces in Kansas City:
- Plan ahead: Before beginning filming, it's important to take the time to plan out the project carefully. Do your research into the space you’re using and create an efficient shooting schedule that considers any potential obstacles or delays that may arise during production.
- Ensure permits are acquired: Many public locations require permits for filming, so ensure all necessary paperwork is obtained before starting production. Additionally, be aware of any local noise ordinances or other laws that must be adhered to during the shoot.
- Know what equipment is needed: Every shoot requires its own unique set of tools and equipment; make sure you have everything you need before beginning production, including lighting instruments, cameras, lenses, stands, and other supplies specific to your project.
- Find ways to maximize efficiency: Look for ways to streamline the process by finding areas where multiple shots can be taken at once or where scenes can be filmed with minimal setup time from one location to another within the space being used for filming.
- Respect the space: Once production begins, respect any furnishings or artwork present in the space you’re using for filming; if possible, try not to move around anything unnecessarily and keep noise levels low so as not to disrupt any tenants who may be working nearby when shooting takes place outside of normal business hours.
Famous Locations in Kansas City
- Kauffman Memorial Garden
With so much to do and see during a visit to Kansas City, you don't want to risk missing out on the city's best activities. Visitors who seek a peaceful yet stimulating place to explore should head straight for Kauffman Memorial Garden, named in honor of establishing members and enthusiasts of Kansas City, Ewing, and Muriel Kauffman. Here, more than just plants can be found — a collection of bronze statues brings their story alive. What's more, thanks to free admission, everyone with interest can stop by and appreciate all that this wonderful memorial has to offer. After all, it pays tribute to something as special as a couple whose influence upon the city was so immense — they remain celebrated today even though they are no longer around. Undoubtedly one of the most beloved attractions in Kansas City, the Kauffman Memorial Garden is certainly worth considering while visiting.
- Independence Temple
Independence Temple stands outside Kansas City and has fascinated visitors for over two decades with its architectural beauty and spiritual insight. Dedicated in 1994, this faith-based building of the Community of Christ is spectacularly lined with a 300-foot spire towards the sky. But beauty is not the only thing on offer at Independence Temple. Inside its walls lies spiritual edification that emphasizes how important a relationship between humanity and God truly is. People of all beliefs are welcomed warmly to attend weekend services or simply take a peaceful stroll around the grounds. Spend some time here, and you might learn something new about your faith or commitments to religion as a whole; it's an experience that can't be found anywhere else.
- City Market
City Market in Kansas City, Missouri, dates back to 1857 and has remained popular for good reason. On a nice summer day, City Market becomes a vibrant spot to soak in the authentic farm-fresh flavors of Missouri. It features abundant goods from many local farmers, making it a true mecca for food lovers. You can find anything you'd like, from meat to pastries, here. Kids especially love the tasty treats available at City Market! The warm atmosphere of City Market has always held a special appeal for locals and visitors alike; its popularity is evident by the large crowds that come for every visit. Whether your tastes are savory or sweet, there's something delightful to be discovered at this beloved market. At City Market, people can make memories and connections with neighbors while supporting local businesses — one of Kansas City's best activities.