Burbank is a city located in Los Angeles County, just northwest of downtown LA. It enjoys a Mediterranean climate with hot, dry summers and mild winters. The city is home to entertainment and media companies like Warner Brothers Studios, Universal Studios Hollywood, Nickelodeon Animation Studio, and CBS Studio Center – making it a popular destination for film and television production.
Dance shoots are made particularly special in Burbank due to the city’s booming production industry. Both artists and content creators can take advantage of premium quality equipment and services that wouldn't be as easily accessible elsewhere. Burbank film sets provide a vibrant look and feel as what is seen in major motion pictures - giving them an extra edge.
Furthermore, the multitude of professional actors based in Burbank offers a pool of talent for dance shoots. Filmmakers also have access to unique locales such as sound stages, movie backlots, and iconic sites associated with classic films or TV shows – all providing memorable settings for their projects.
Dance Shoot Options in Burbank
A makeup artist should be able to enhance the dancer’s facial features for the camera and create a look that matches the theme of the dance. Whether natural or glamorous, makeup artists in Burbank have various specializations. With a little research, you’ll find someone who can meet your requirements.
By using various tools such as multiple cameras and lenses, photographers can capture the elegance of dancers in motion from different perspectives. Because capturing movement requires a certain skill and equipment, you should find a photographer who has the experience and tools to take clear shots of your dance.
Filmmakers may use videographers to document dance performances in high definition, which may be used for editing and production afterward. They could also utilize special effects and post-production tools to polish the finished product.
Dance Shoot Vendors in Burbank
- The Range Photography
Britt and Shayne Benton are the husband-and-wife team behind The Range Photography, a Burbank, California-based professional photography business. They specialize in interpersonal and narrative photography, intending to tell a distinctive tale through each image. The Bentons have a long history in the entertainment business, having acted and produced before coming together as filmmakers. Both come from large families in the Southern United States and have seen their parents struggle through difficult times. Britt has more than a decade of experience behind the camera and is known for capturing special moments with anything that has a beating heart. Shayne's background in acting allows him to see things from a new perspective while filming. The Bentons are a dynamic duo committed to producing stunning and evocative photos.
- Torey Thompson Photo and Video
Torey Thompson has a degree in multimedia film and eight years of experience in the industry, making him a suitable candidate for your dance shoot videographer. Whether you need a marketing video, a short film, or a music video, Torey will deliver exceptional results. Past clients have described Torey as easy to work with and very professional. To book his services, you only need to consult with him through his website or email address.
- Emily Lynn and Company
Emily Lynn and Company is a team of makeup artists specializing in natural, airbrushed looks. Though based in Los Angeles, they serve Orange County, Santa Barbara, Palm Springs, Joshua Tree, Catalina Island, and other destinations. Although they are mostly booked for weddings, Emily’s team has experience in and does makeup for photoshoots, films, videos, TV, and editorial, and in varying styles such as old Hollywood, beachy glam, and more. And wherever you are in Los Angeles, they will brave the heavy traffic and bring their mobile services to you so you can relax before your shoot.
Pros and Cons of Dance Shoots in Burbank
Before deciding on Burbank as your filming set for a dance production, here are several positives and negatives to weigh.
- Burbank is an ideal setting to film any dance video. With its wide selection of sites, it's the perfect place to capture your project with picture-perfect results.
- From bustling Downtown Burbank to the cozy performance spaces, rest assured there is a perfect location awaiting you!
- And with the city's proximity to Los Angeles, you'll have easy access to all the resources you need for your production.
- The city offers a pool of talent, from makeup artists to photographers and videographers, who provide services for dance shootings. Each of these vendors has unique skills and experience that they can bring to the shoot. This can make it challenging to find the right team for your project.
- It is essential to do your research and get quotes from multiple vendors before making a final decision.
Tips on How to Organize Dance Shoots in Burbank
Filmmaking is an art that calls for immense organization, accuracy, and imagination. Capturing footage on-site is often one of the most demanding facets of filmmaking; however, it can also be exceptionally gratifying. So if you’re considering shooting at a dance studio in Burbank — here are some insights to get organized and maximize your time:
- Assemble the cast: Assembling your cast and crew is of the utmost importance when shooting in a dance studio. Opt for crew members with prior experience working on location shoots. Make sure to create an imaginative yet efficient team that will bring out all the dynamics of the shoot!
- Schedule everything in advance: The last thing you want is to arrive at your shoot location only to realize that you're not prepared. Before you even step foot in the studio, make sure you have a detailed schedule and shot list. This will help you stay on track and keep your crew on their toes.
- Set up a system for communicating with your crew: With so many moving parts, it's essential to have a transparent communication system with your team. Make sure everyone knows when and how they should report any changes or problems. This will help avoid any potential misunderstandings or delays.
- Be flexible: Despite your best efforts, there will always be some bumps in the road when shooting at a dance studio. The key is to remain flexible and adapt to whatever comes your way. If something goes wrong, take a deep breath and remember that it's all part of the process.
Famous Locations in Burbank
- Burbank Aviation Museum
The Burbank Aviation Museum is a great place to learn about the history of flight in the Burbank area. The museum has various memorabilia donated by former engineers, aircraft designers, and pilots. You can also take a walk through the history of aviation on a museum tour.
- Johnny Carson Park
The name of this city park is in honor of the legendary host of The Tonight Show, who hosted it for over forty years at the NBC lot. Bob Hope Drive runs through the park, informing visitors that they are in the midst of Hollywood's movie industry. It's one of Burbank's most beautiful green spaces and has a clean river meandering through it with picturesque rocky outcrops. Picnicking and walking are popular activities here and in the children's area. There are also fitness equipment and a little free library in the area.
- Gordon R. Howard Museum
The Gordon R. Howard Museum, located in a beautiful former home, is a wonderful place to learn about the history of Burbank, California. The museum is run by the Burbank Historical Society and offers visitors a chance to step back in time and learn about the rich history of this city. The Burbank Historical Society Museum houses a fascinating collection of vintage artifacts from all periods, including period Disney items, antique cars, statues, and memorabilia from the Burbank region. By taking a tour of the Burbank Museum, you will discover how this city turned from a small town to the significant movie-making capital it is today.