Orlando is a city located in the central region of Florida. Notable for its many theme parks and attractions, Orlando is often called the "Theme Park Capital of the World." The city is also home to many production and content creation studios, making it an increasingly popular destination for filmmakers and other creatives. Between the many major attractions, awesome parks, and stunning beaches, Orlando has a little bit of something for everyone.
The excellent climate makes the city a tourist town but it is also great for the locals who like to spend a lot of time outdoors. Orlando is also ideal for photo shoots thanks to its warm weather and diverse landscapes. And did you know that Orlando was founded by a man named Orlando Reeves? Interesting, right? So whether you're looking for a fun place to visit or an inspiring site to create, Orlando has a lot to offer.
Dance Shoot Options in Orlando
Keep your dancers energized with healthy snacks and beverages. But don’t worry about doing it all yourself. Orlando has plenty of catering companies that will deliver to your dance shoot location.
- Makeup and Hairstyle
A professional makeup artist and hairstylist can help to create a cohesive look for the shoot and enhance the dancers' features. You are in luck here because Orlando has a plethora of experienced artists.
Additional staff, such as a wardrobe stylist or production assistant, can help ensure the shoot goes smoothly. If you need more workers, you can find whatever you want here.
Dance Shoot Vendors in Orlando
- Central Florida Talent
Central Florida Talent has been recognized as the state's best model and talent agency for the past two decades. A proud franchise company that excels among the rest, Central Florida Talent is a franchised agency that provides clients with models and talent available to work on any project, from the runway to local and national commercials, feature films, and television programming. At Central Florida Talent, the goal is to continue being a positive industry force by assisting performers and models in developing their careers. The fundamental elements that makeup Central Florida Talent are the ability to conceive innovative solutions while maintaining personal integrity and trustworthiness.
- Macbeth Studio
Located in downtown Orlando, Macbeth Studio has been providing high-quality photography services for over ten years. The studio is known for its creative vision and ability to capture stunning images, specializing in dance, fashion, and portrait photography. In addition to headshots, architectural shots, lifestyle photos, and aerial footage, the studio also offers complete video capture and editing services. Big names in the industry have trusted Macbeth Studio for their professional photography needs – why not give them a try? You can visit their convenient location, or they can come to you.
Ashley Lucas is the owner and creator of AshmarBeauty LLC. She is a published makeup artist who works in sunny Orlando, Florida, and travels for business. Ashley specializes in high-end beauty services for various events and occasions, such as editorial, wedding, and branding as well as headshots, commercials, and more. Her mission is to make everyone in the chair look and feel beautiful. Her goal is to assist you in projecting confidence! Ashley thinks being part of that unique experience in your life is the most gratifying sensation on Earth.
Pros and Cons of Dance Shoots in Orlando
When planning a dance shoot, picking the right location can be key to capturing the best moments. Orlando has plenty of great places that could accommodate such a project, but it’s important to weigh the pros and cons of each potential site before committing. To help make the decision-making process easier, here are some advantages and disadvantages of renting a shoot location in Orlando for your dance video.
- Orlando offers many diverse locations for shooting, from beaches and parks to urban, industrial areas meaning there is plenty of opportunity for filmmakers to find the perfect backdrop for their project.
- The city also has an excellent infrastructure for film production with many experienced crew members who know how to work with limited time and budget constraints.
- Orlando is home to numerous educational institutions like The University of Central Florida which can provide students willing and eager to gain hands-on experience on set or behind the scenes as part of their studies.
- Renting a location in Orlando also makes traveling easy and affordable thanks to its close proximity to major airports such as Orlando International Airport (MCO) which allows you easily fly in production staff from other parts of the country or even internationally if needed.
- As it is a large city with lots of tourist activity, traffic can pose an issue when trying to get from one place to another quickly and efficiently, especially during peak times throughout the day/weekend.
- Orlando’s hot climate can present challenges during filming due to heatwaves making it difficult or even impossible at times while working outside during certain months.
- Finding parking near certain venues may also be challenging as well as finding nearby accommodations for cast and crew depending on how remote your chosen location happens to be located within city limits.
Tips on How to Organize Dance Shoots in Orlando
Preparing a dance shoot location in Orlando requires careful planning and attention to detail in order to create the best environment for your dancers. Here are some tips on how to get it right:
- Determine your desired aesthetic and purpose: Establishing the kind of look you want is essential when it comes to selecting a location in Orlando, as there is an abundance of diverse urban and natural locations. Consider the purpose of the shoot, such as whether it’s a studio production or outdoor photoshoot, which will influence what kind of space you need and how much equipment you'll need to bring along.
- Check out different venues: Once you’ve established what kind of space works for your needs, research potential venues that give off the desired vibe and provide adequate space for both people and equipment. Don't forget to factor in things like vehicle access, power availability, internet access if necessary, rental costs, etc.
- Choose proper lighting and props: Lighting is one of the most important aspects of any successful dance shoot – select lights that fit the mood you want to create and match them with appropriate props that can help bring out the story behind each scene even further.
- Find professionals who can help bring your vision alive: Hiring experienced professionals such as makeup artists, choreographers, or costume designers can help make your project come alive seamlessly without taking away from its overall ambiance.
- Secure audio-visual gear suitable to your needs: Whether you’re recording sound or visuals make sure everything fits smoothly into place with regard to technical specifications - this might include renting a bigger camera crew or equipping yourself with advanced microphones, depending on the complexity of your project.
- Create backup plans for unexpected events or weather changes: Be prepared for unexpected moments by creating a plan B that accounts for potential changes in weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances – keep extra costumes handy just in case!
Famous Locations in Orlando
- Orlando Science Center
The Science Center in Orlando, Florida, is a community-based facility recognized for its hands-on science exhibits. The center explores the natural and physical sciences through interactive displays, planetarium shows, and big-screen films. For over 60 years, this museum's exhibitions and programs have allowed science to come to life for Central Florida residents and people from around the world. The experiences at this museum cater to all ages, from kids in KidsTown to adults who want to explore their creative side in The Hive: A Makerspace. With 11,000 square feet of fun activities and daily workshops on finger-knitting and 3D printing, there's something for everyone!
- Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe
The Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe is a beautiful Catholic church in Orlando, Florida, that dates from the 1980s. The Basilica of St. Mary is one of the most elegant churches in America, accommodating up to 3000 people. What makes this church so special are its features: stained glass windows, marble altars, a sound system, and beautiful pieces of art, including a painting of the Virgin Mary by Millard Sheets. If you're not religious or looking to attend mass while visiting the basilica, that's okay! You can still enjoy its peaceful atmosphere and lovely architecture.
- Kennedy Space Center
The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is one of the most-visited attractions in Orlando, Florida. This interactive museum teaches about space exploration and the US space program's history. Visit the iconic Rocket Garden to see the titans of space travel, learn about the men and women who have lived and worked among the stars at the Heroes and Legends exhibit, and get up close with the actual Space Shuttle Atlantis. The visitor center, which also contains a museum, is home to various exhibitions, including the Apollo 11 Command Module replica, a full-scale Space Shuttle model, and a moon rock exhibit. For an additional fee, you can also take an excursion around the launch pads and see a film about space exploration in IMAX format.