Anaheim is a city in Orange County, California with a population of over 359,000 residents, making it the most populous city in the county and the tenth-most populous city in all of California.
Over 25 million people visit Anaheim every year to get a taste of everything it has to offer, from the Disneyland Resort to its eclectic music scene. Things to do in the city include exploring downtown, sampling its authentic international cuisine, enjoying live music at the House of Blues, and catching a hockey game at the Angel Stadium.
This modern city is also a great place to shoot dance videos. The city has numerous parks and open spaces that provide ample opportunities for filming. In addition, Anaheim's diverse population means that there are dancers of all backgrounds and styles to be found here.
Looking for a scenic location to shoot your next dance video? Anaheim is worth considering as your next shoot location.
Dance Shoot Options in Anaheim
Determining the right makeup artist for your vision is key. You want someone who will be able to understand the look you are going for in your dance video and make it a reality. The makeup artist should have a nice personality to make you feel comfortable, as well as a portfolio that showcases their range of styles.
The videographer is responsible for capturing the grace and elegance of your dance video. When interviewing potential candidates, be sure to ask about their past work and see if their style matches what you are looking for. You will also want to inquire about their standard package and what it includes.
Good lighting is essential for any shoot, but it is especially important for dance shoots. Natural light is always best, but if that is not an option, then artificial lighting can be used. Be sure to ask your photographer or videographer about their lighting setup to get an idea of what they are capable of.
Dance Shoot Vendors in Anaheim
- SoCal Hairstylist - Robin Araujo
Robin Araujo is a highly skilled and certified hair stylist based in Brea, California, just a few minutes away from Anaheim. Araujo has over 15 years of experience working alongside some of the most popular salon owners and master stylists in the area. This has allowed her to develop an expert eye for what is trending in the industry. In addition to her keen sense of style, Araujo is also certified in advanced areas of haircutting and coloring. This includes specialties such as color melts, baby lights, shadow roots, extensions, and blonde color correction. Relax and enjoy while Araujo does what she loves most—creating beautiful hair one head at a time!
- Desiree Footé
Desiree Foote is an accomplished makeup artist with over 15 years of experience. Some of the services she offers include photo shoots, print, advertisement/commercial gigs, bridal/wedding jobs, television work, painting and fantasy/avant-garde looks, runway shows, and special effects. She received her makeup training at the Empire Academy of Makeup and upon graduation, received her certification as a professional makeup artist. With over a decade of experience in the industry, Desiree Foote is a highly sought-after makeup artist who has worked with some of the biggest names in the business, including MTV, Dell, NBC News, and ABC’s The Bachelor, among others.
- COLDEA Productions
Founded by Cristian Coldea, Coldea Productions is an Anaheim-based creative services agency offering videography and photography services in California, Arizona, and Nevada. As a multimedia agency, they use top-of-the-line technology to produce various video projects for corporate clients, entrepreneurs, and individuals alike. Some of their video services include web videos, commercials, event videos, aerial videos, music videos, educational videos, product videos, training videos, video marketing, and more! Despite their varied specializations, they will customize your package depending on your needs.
Pros and Cons of Dance Shoot Locations in Anaheim
There are many things to consider when deciding if a dance shoot located in Anaheim is right for you. Here are some pros and cons to help you make your decision:
- Anaheim is home to a variety of stunning scenic backdrops and studios, perfect for creating the perfect dance shoot.
- Many top-notch photographers and cinematographers are based in the city, making it easy to find the right person for any particular shoot.
- The city offers a broad range of entertainment venues, which can be used as sets for an array of different styles of dance shoots.
- Anaheim is located close to other major cities such as Los Angeles and San Diego, meaning that filmmakers have access to a wider pool of talent than if they were shooting in one specific city.
- There may be limited availability when it comes to renting equipment or props, as there are fewer production houses than in larger cities like LA or New York.
- Traffic can be a problem at times due to its close proximity to other large cities – this could lead to delays on set if not accounted for properly.
- Parking can also be an issue – there is often limited availability near many popular locations and available spaces tend to fill up quickly during weekends or holidays.
- Low cloud cover and smog can limit visibility at certain times of day or year, affecting lighting conditions on set.
Tips on How to Organize Dance Shoots in Anaheim
Organizing dance shoots in Anaheim is an exciting and unique experience. From iconic landmarks to spectacular views, the city of Anaheim offers a wealth of opportunities for creative individuals looking to capture great dance footage.
- Research the local dance organizations and studios in Anaheim—contact them in advance to identify the most experienced and talented dancers in the area, as well as coordinate space for practice sessions prior to and during the shoot.
- Outline a tentative shooting schedule ahead of time with sufficient space for contingencies. Consider planning for single-day shoots as opposed to multi-day shoots, which can be more difficult to manage.
- Ensure that all necessary equipment is on hand before beginning the shoot—from adequate lighting setups to cable releases. If necessary, hire assistants who know how to use such equipment and can help move things along quickly.
- Have an organized system of transportation available so that dancers can easily get from place to place throughout their day. Consider hiring local drivers who are familiar with the roads and traffic patterns in Anaheim.
Famous Locations in Anaheim
- Oak Canyon Nature Center
The Oak Canyon Nature Center is a terrific place to enjoy the outdoors. The forested expanse of land features a trinity of canyons and four miles of hiking routes for your trekking feet. The name Oak Canyon Nature Center was inspired by the landscape's spectacular canyon vistas and oak woodlands, which are found throughout the region. The trails and surrounding pathways are ideal for novices, and they are a pleasant way to get some fresh air while nestled within the crook of the sun and trees. The Oak Canyon Nature Center also has a picnic shelter, two golf courses, and field accommodations for guests looking to stay active indoors or out. If you're looking for a place to unwind or just want to enjoy some peace in nature, then the Oak Canyon Nature Center is the perfect spot for you.
- Bowers Museum
The Bowers Museum is an ideal place to learn about different cultures from around the world. The museum was established in 1936 and features displays from some of the world’s first civilizations. Many remarkable antiquities tell the tale of California and its first people, but it also does a fantastic job of exhibiting artifacts from all around the globe. On any given day, the Bowser Museum houses ancient relics and ancestry from China's 5,000-year history, or the "Sacred Realms" of Ancient India. Each exhibit has plenty of information that will leave you more knowledgeable about ancient history. If you’re ever in the area, be sure to stop by and check out this historical paradise for yourself!
- Ralph. B Clark Regional Park
Anaheim is home to many beautiful parks, and Ralph B. Clark Regional Park is one of the best. The park is equipped with nature trails, baseball fields, a fishing area, an amphitheater, a playground for kids, horseshoe pits, volleyball courts, and a bunch of other fun outdoor activities to partake in. The Interpretive Center, a museum housing Ice Age fossils and local geology exhibits, is next to the visitor center. Whether you're looking to explore nature, play some sports, or learn about local history, Ralph B. Clark Regional Park is the perfect place for you!