Eclectic Disco Meets Mid-Century Modern Tropical
An award-winning house ("Home of the Year" by San Diego Home & Garden 1986"), this is a one-of-a-kind, colorful and eclectic space, full of quirky surprises in every corner.
Style: Eclectic disco meets mid century modern tropical.
Perfect for: photo shoots, music videos, workshops, meetings.
Over 100 years old, the house was built in 1906 by architect Michael Cramer. In 1980, it gets purchased by architect Rob Dickens (from Quigley and Associates - creators of many landmark properties throughout SoCal, including the new San Diego Library in downtown). Dickens spends the next few decades renovating every area, adding a post-modern twist. In 2020, a young married couple from Europe finally come across the house of their dreams and transform it into the funky universe it is today.
Every space has a unique feel and different theme. Some of our favorite things that you may enjoy in our spaces:
- Amazing natural light
- Breakout areas
- 10 person outdoor table
- 6 person table in the sun room
- Unique architectural details such as open-beam, coffered and circular ceilings, curved walls and arches
- Plants everywhere
- Quirky art
- Colorful enclosed porch
- Reading corner
- Tropical garden with bamboo forest
- Hot tub
- Indoor/outdoor projector with screen (installed upon request)
- Separate deck area with swing chair and gas fire pit
- Office room with 2 desks (available upon specific request only)
- 2 wood burning fireplaces
Decor and some of the furniture can be adjusted as needed, upon request.
Layout / Spaces:
- Living room (with working fire place)
- Dining room / enclosed porch
- Multiple outdoor areas (deck, yard with hot tub)
- Master bedroom
- Office (with 2 desks)
- Large balcony (with hammock)
- 2 bathrooms
3rd floor (UPON REQUEST ONLY)
- Attic (guest bedroom)
Meetings are more fun at the! Come boogie! ;)