Pasadena, located in sunny California, has a vibrant culture and a deep history. It is home to diverse American scenes and landmarks, including the Tournament of Roses annual parade and the Rose Bowl Stadium. Its mild weather and beautiful scenery make it an ideal place to live, work, and play.
The city houses numerous corporate headquarters, such as Easton Technical Products, Inc., Avery Dennison Corp., Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., and Tetra Tech, Inc. With its location less than 20 miles from downtown Los Angeles and its abundance of professional office spaces, Pasadena is an ideal destination for corporate events.
From its stunning mountain views to its elegant Spanish Revival-style homes built by renowned architects Greene & Greene in the early 1900s, Pasadena provides an unforgettable backdrop for any event. Whether you are hosting a seminar at one of the many local hotels or throwing an outdoor gathering at the historic Arroyo Seco Parkway bridge, there is something here to please everyone!
Office Event Options in Pasadena
Caterers offer dishes that suit different dietary needs and befitting drinks and desserts. They also provide staff members to handle food service, ensuring things run smoothly and allowing the host to focus on enjoying the event.
Photographers and videographers document all the fun to share afterward. It is also helpful if you need pictures or footage to create promotional material for future business events.
One way of personalizing an office event is by having custom decorations. It includes personalized banners, tablecloths, or centerpieces, adding a unique touch to the space used and activities organized.
- Audio Visual Equipment Rentals
Office functions require audio and visual equipment, including projectors, microphones, speakers, and other items. Quality audio and visual equipment ensure that everyone can hear announcements clearly and has a better understanding of discussions.
Office Event Vendors in Pasadena
- JD Audio Visual
JD Audio Visual is a full-service audio-visual company that has been family-owned and operated since 1959. With Corey and Kyle Sandoval at the helm, JD Audio Visual provides sales, rentals, installation, calibration, delivery/pickup, and setup/strike services for any size event, from corporate functions to live music performances. Their extensive knowledge of audio, video, lighting rigs, and more has made them a trusted source for over 2,000 loyal customers across various industries, from churches to hotels to restaurants to schools.
- RJ Photography
RJ Photography is a photography business helmed by Rachel Johns in Southern California. Established in 2021, RJ Photography captures beautiful moments at events, family photos, portrait sessions, and more. With four years of experience as a professional model, Rachel Johns has transitioned to the other side of the camera. Highly skilled in social media and healthcare, she brings her technical knowledge to her artistry and helps her clients create images that will last a lifetime.
- Taste of Pace Catering
Taste of Pace Catering is a full-service event catering company based in Pasadena, California. Founded with a focus on bold and innovative cuisine using natural, clean flavors from local farmers' markets, Taste of Pace caters to diverse events, from intimate at-home dinners to huge corporate celebrations. The team specializes in everything from menu creation to table setup and offers cooking classes for group outings and food tastings.
Pros and Cons of Office Spaces in Pasadena
Pasadena is a beautiful and iconic city in Southern California that boasts an eclectic mix of culture, architecture, entertainment, and activities. Thus, it is an attractive destination for events, such as conferences, business meetings, and company gatherings. However, there are benefits and drawbacks to renting an office space in Pasadena.
- Located near the heart of Los Angeles, Pasadena offers easy access to a world-class city with business and networking opportunities.
- Renting office space in Pasadena can be surprisingly affordable compared to other areas in Los Angeles or nearby cities.
- Many offices have modern amenities like high-speed Wi-Fi connections and conference rooms for break-out sessions or presentations.
- Finding parking in many parts of the city can be difficult due to limited street parking or expensive garages.
- With its proximity to Los Angeles, Pasadena can suffer from traffic jams during rush hour or on weekends.
- Some offices in Pasadena are not soundproof, meaning that noise from outside may disrupt your event or cause distractions.
Tips on How to Organize Office Spaces in Pasadena
With careful planning and preparation, you can plan a successful office function. Below are some tips to consider when preparing an office for hosting an event.
- Analyze the Space: Before deciding how best to utilize the office space, assess and analyze it to plan what works best for the event you want to host. Factor the size and layout of each room or area, including any furniture that may need to be moved or rearranged.
- Choose Appropriate Furnishings: If necessary, rent additional tables and chairs. Ensure furnishings provide adequate seating and comfort for your guests while allowing enough room for people to move around freely. Consider investing in custom-made tablecloths or other decorations to add a special touch.
- Use Technology: To ensure that presentations or videos run smoothly during your event, check all technology beforehand, checking if you have enough outlets for charging devices! Additionally, check in with the IT department beforehand so they can help troubleshoot any potential issues during the day of the event.
- Ensure Safety & Security: Ensure there are clearly labeled emergency exits in case of evacuation and fire alarms installed throughout the building. Consider having security guards present to ensure guests enter and stay within designated areas.
- Have Refreshments & Clean-Up Supplies Ready: Have sufficient refreshments ready, such as water bottles or light snacks, so people do not become dehydrated during long presentations or meetings; additionally, avail supplies to handle messes.
Famous Locations in Pasadena
- Norton Simon Museum
The Norton Simon Museum offers a stunning collection of Western art and Asian sculpture. Rodin's The Burghers of Calais stands at the entrance, and the galleries feature works by Renaissance and impressionist artists, such as Rembrandt, Renoir, Canaletto, and Van Gogh. The museum also boasts a remarkable selection of paintings and sculptures by Degas and twentieth-century masterpieces by Picasso and Sam Francis. Asian sculptures are in the basement, while the garden inspired by Monet's garden at Giverny, France, displays Western figures. The captions tell the story of each piece, making the experience accessible and user-friendly.
- California Institute of Technology
California Institute of Technology, known as Caltech, is an academic powerhouse with a long legacy of pioneering seismic activity research. Caltech has an impressive record of 34 Nobel laureates, and it is also home to the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, which serves as NASA's center for robotic solar system exploration. The campus blends century-old stone buildings and modern steel and glass structures like the Cahill Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics. Public lectures and tours allow visitors to witness Caltech's academic prowess firsthand.
- Richard H Chambers Courthouse
The Richard H. Chambers Courthouse is a notable landmark on the National Register of Historic Places. Originally a resort hotel in the 1920s and '30s, this Spanish Colonial Revival-style tower now houses the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit. Visitors can take self-guided tours of the beautifully restored ground floor, library, and courtrooms when the court is not in session. One of the highlights is the law library, where a vintage Chicago clock hangs on the south wall and offers stunning views of the 1913 Colorado St. Bridge.