About New Orleans
Located in the U.S. state of Louisiana, New Orleans has long been a city that captures the imagination with its unique Southern charm and culture. Every cobblestone street in the French Quarter tells a story about the history of the area, from tales of pirates who used to dock in its docks to the Mardi Gras festivities that take place here every year. The interesting mix of cultures also draws people from all over the world — from French to African-American influences — making it an incredibly diverse and interesting place to visit.
For those lucky enough to grow up in New Orleans, life is even more special than for those who visit. Growing up in such a culturally rich environment means that you can appreciate and celebrate each holiday for its unique flavor and traditions. Even something as simple as celebrating your 18th birthday brings an extra special meaning when done in this historic city — as one can only imagine what stories have been told at the same places they are now visiting. From jazz clubs on Bourbon Street to backyard barbecues in Uptown, there’s no shortage of ways for young adults looking to mark their entry into adulthood with a memorable celebration.
18th Birthday Party Options in New Orleans
A local bakery provides the perfect solution for an 18th birthday party, as guests will be able to feast on a variety of cakes, cupcakes, and other desserts. Depending on the party's theme, bakers can create custom treats that are sure to delight and impress everyone in attendance. Hiring a local New Orleans bakery will add an extra festive touch to any celebration held in the city.
- Photo Booth
An interactive photo booth adds fun and excitement to any event; renting a booth can provide endless entertainment and lasting memories for guests at an 18th birthday party in New Orleans. With props, backdrops, and customizable settings available for each photo taken, it’s a great way to make the event even more special.
From traditional latex balloons to foil mylars or custom-made sculptures crafted from balloons, there are many options when it comes to brightening up a venue with balloons. This is perfect for any 18th birthday celebration held in New Orleans — whether indoors or outdoors — as it instantly adds color and cheer to the environment.
18th Birthday Party Vendors in New Orleans
- CupCake Fairies
CupCake Fairies casts a deliciously sweet spell on your taste buds for that special occasion. The dynamic sister duo behind the bakery has made it their mission to bring joy to the world, one cupcake at a time. With a focus on high-quality confections and a delightful customer experience, their signature product, the FairyCake, is a magical, moist masterpiece with tantalizing fillings and satiny frosting. The bakery also offers a unique cookie experience with their famous FairyBerry treats, as well as Breakfast Party platters and Cupcake pull apart cakes that are baked to order with the finest ingredients for that special occasion of yours.
- MIPB & Co.
When it comes to making your event unforgettable, Mirror Image Photo Booths can help you achieve your goal. Their cutting-edge technology allows guests to navigate the digital photography options themselves, adding an exciting and personalized touch to your occasion. Their Revo Spin 360 with enclosure and Mirror Air are the ultimate interactive additions to jazz up your event; guests will be able to take home memories of the breathtaking experience, sent directly to their devices. With free delivery up to 30 miles from New Orleans, premium packages including an inflatable LED enclosure and backdrop with base, and digital media files for guests, Mirror Image Photo Booths offers the ultimate party experience.
- FunkShui Balloon Collective
FunkShui Balloon Collective is a woman-owned business based in New Orleans that offers classic, organic, and custom balloon creations for memorable events. Their personalization services include customized name/logo balloons, with each creation uniquely tailored to the client's specifications using heavy-duty professional balloons to ensure long-lasting durability. For all requests, whether challenging or not, they are dedicated to finding solutions and will always go the extra mile to make sure their clients' satisfaction is met.
Pros and Cons of 18th Birthday Parties in New Orleans
Celebrating one’s 18th birthday is an important milestone in life, and the best way to honor it is with a special gathering of family and friends. In New Orleans, there are many benefits to having an 18th birthday party, as well as some potential drawbacks. Here are some of the pros and cons of throwing an 18th birthday party in NOLA:
- With its rich history, New Orleans is home to a wide variety of entertainment options — from music venues to historical sites.
- The city offers plenty of options for celebrating a birthday, including parades, floats, masquerade balls, and more.
- There are numerous vendors based in New Orleans that can help bring your 18th birthday party to life, including bakeries, entertainers, photographers and more.
- Transportation between different parts of town can be difficult, depending on traffic conditions or time constraints.
- Guests should take extra precautions with their belongings due to crime rates in certain areas such as the French Quarter.
- Because of the city’s popularity, organizing a birthday party in New Orleans can become costly if you don’t manage your budget well.
Tips on How to Organize 18th Birthday Parties in New Orleans
An 18th birthday is a major milestone in a young person's life, and throwing a memorable party to celebrate is a must. New Orleans is one of the best places to host a party, and there are numerous venues and options available to make the celebration unforgettable. To ensure that the 18th birthday party is a success, there are several tips that party hosts should consider.
- Plan the theme: Picking a theme will help you make choices regarding decorations, food, invitations, and all other party paraphernalia. You can opt for a Mardi Gras or Jazz-themed party — this will give the event a New Orleans feel and make it more memorable for the guests.
- Decide on the guest list and invitations: The 18th birthday is usually a significant milestone in one's life and most teens would want to celebrate it with their closest friends and family. When it comes to invitations, ensure that they are clear, concise, and sent out in good time to avoid last-minute confusion.
- Catering: Food is always a crucial element of any party so you should ensure that you have a variety of options, especially if you have guests with different dietary needs. Also, remember to factor in the number of guests and the time of the day when choosing the menu.
- Decorations: New Orleans is known for its vibrant and unique decor, and incorporating that into the party can make it more memorable. You may want to consider incorporating Mardi Gras beads, masks, and colors into the decor. Lighting can also set the tone for the party and create a mood; choose lighting that complements the decor, and opt for dimmer switches for versatility.
- Entertainment: From DJs to live bands, having good entertainment for the guests is essential to ensure the success of the party. New Orleans is known for its rich music culture, and incorporating that into the party can make it more memorable.
- Ensure safety: Lastly, it's crucial to ensure that the guests are safe throughout the party. Consider hiring security personnel, especially if you anticipate a large number of guests to avoid any accidents or incidents that could ruin the party.
Famous Locations in New Orleans
- City Park
City Park in New Orleans is a breathtaking example of urban planning; the park stretches over three miles long and one mile wide and is home to a number of gardens, waterways, and bridges that make it a beautiful spectacle to behold. It is also framed by iconic structures like live oaks and Spanish moss that also lend it an air of natural beauty. One of the standout features of City Park is the New Orleans Museum of Art, which displays the works of regional and American artists. For nature lovers, the lush Botanical Gardens and the Sydney & Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden are worth a visit.
- Historic New Orleans Collection
For those looking to delve deeper into the rich history of New Orleans, the Historic New Orleans Collection is an excellent starting point. The complex offers a mix of preserved buildings, museums, and research centers, all conveniently located in one place. Its Royal St campus is home to a range of rotating exhibits, featuring everything from transfer documents of the Louisiana Purchase to original Jazz Fest posters. One of the standout attractions is the Williams Residence, which is brimming with art and furniture collected by the eccentric Williams family on their worldly travels. While the introductory video glosses over the source of their wealth, visitors can still immerse themselves in the collection's fascinating artifacts and exhibits for a captivating glimpse into the city's past.
- French Market
The French Market in New Orleans is a shopping arcade that has a rich history dating back to its days as a great bazaar and commercial hub. Nowadays, the market is bustling with tourists perusing the curios, flea markets, food stalls, and artist kiosks. Here, you'll find both fascinating souvenirs and interesting collectibles, like alligator heads, belt buckles, and sunglasses. Adding to the ambiance, live musical accompaniment often fills the air. Built and rebuilt by the Spanish, French, and Works Progress Administration (WPA) after cycles of fire and storms, it now spans several blocks and includes both tented and permanent sheltered areas; there’s also a new stairway leads down to the riverfront, providing visitors with a picturesque view.