Austin, Texas is a vibrant and exciting city with something for everyone. Located in the heart of Texas Hill Country, Austin boasts mild winters and hot summers. As the capital of Texas and home to the University of Texas, it's no wonder why Austin is referred to as "The Live Music Capital of the World." With a thriving music scene, outdoor activities, and incredible food culture, there's plenty to keep visitors entertained.
Ranches around Austin offer guests an opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. By renting out entire ranches or individual cabins on a ranch, visitors can enjoy an authentic Texan experience complete with scenic views and impressive wildlife. Whether you're looking for something more low-key or an action-packed adventure—horseback riding, fishing, canoeing, hiking—there's something for everyone on a ranch near Austin.
Overall, hosting events or film and photoshoots at ranches near Austin is a wonderful idea due to its idyllic location in the heart of Texas Hill Country. Not only does it provide unforgettable experiences for all those attending, but it also provides lasting memories for years to come!
Ranch Event Options in Austin
When it comes to catering for a ranch-style event, you’ll want to find a caterer that specializes in Texas barbecue! You'll want to impress visitors coming from out of town with a cuisine that is native to Texas. Luckily, there are plenty of options to choose from in Austin that offer the best beef brisket, buffalo wings, and pork ribs!
To capture the beauty of your Austin ranch event, you’ll need to find a talented photographer. There are many prominent photographers in Austin, but be sure to do your research to find one that specializes in events or outdoor photography and can capture the rustic beauty of ranch locations.
- Event Planning
To make sure your Austin ranch event goes off without a hitch, you’ll need to find a good event planner. There are plenty of amazing event planners in Austin, but we recommend checking out those who have experience in this type of event. Be sure to do your research to find the best providers.
Ranch Event Vendors in Austin
- My Best Chef
My Best Chef, operated by Chef Nicole, loves to cook and cater to families and small gatherings. She understands that not everyone enjoys cooking or has the time to cook, so she pursued a career in the personal chef industry. Chef Nicole likes to do an initial consultation on location so that she knows if she has enough kitchen space to work in, if there are available storage options, and whether the client has specific dietary requirements.
- Events by Megan Olivia
At Events by Megan Olivia, they are licensed and insured to handle private events of any size. They offer various services to make your event special: bar service, DJs, entertainers, event planning, day-of coordination, dancers, fire performers, and custom-made decorations. They also offer discounts when multiple services are booked for a single event! So whether you're planning a wedding, corporate retreat, or murder mystery dinner, they have you covered.
- Lindsey Mueller Photography
Lindsey Mueller is a photographer based out of Austin, Texas. She specializes in wedding, branding, and glamour photography. Lindsey's style can be best described as timeless and romantic. Mueller loves working with clients who share her attention to detail. Most of her clients spend between $3500 and $4500 on their wedding photography, which includes an engagement session, bridal session, and day-after session. Senior portraits begin at $1000, and custom boudoir shoots begin at $2000. If you’re looking for a photographer who can capture your wedding or conduct a photoshoot session on a ranch, don’t hesitate to contact Lindsey.
Pros and Cons of Ranch Events in Austin
If you're on the fence about hosting your event in a ranch-style venue in Austin, here are some of the pros and cons to help guide your decision:
- The city is home to many large and small ranches, making it easy to find a venue that fits the event's size and scope.
- The Texas Hill Country provides a stunning backdrop for any outdoor event, creating the perfect atmosphere for guests.
- Austin has an abundance of food options perfect for catering ranch events, from Tex-Mex cuisine to barbecue classics.
- Most ranch events tend to be spread out over multiple acres, meaning guests may need transportation or assistance navigating from one area to another if they are unfamiliar with the location.
- Some ranch venues may require additional insurance above what you already carry for your event; this should be considered when choosing a venue.
- Ranches may also have livestock or other animals roaming around. This poses a safety concern for guests who may not be used to being around animals.
Tips on How to Organize Ranch Events in Austin
For anyone who's ever been tasked with organizing a ranch event, the process can seem daunting. But with a bit of planning, it can be surprisingly easy to pull off a successful event.
- Take care of permits: Make sure to thoroughly research the local laws and regulations and any additional permits needed for the event. Consider hiring a professional firm specializing in planning and managing large events to help you stay organized.
- Prioritize safety and security measures first: Consider adding measures such as adequate lighting, fencing around the ranch's perimeter, having enough staff to manage guests, and being prepared for any potential emergencies.
- Oversee vendor coordination and logistics: Work closely with your chosen venue management team to ensure you have access to all necessary sound systems, stages, tents, chairs, tables, electricity outlets, etc., before your event day.
- Delegate responsibilities: Assign tasks among volunteers before the event and communicate expectations clearly. This will help keep everyone on task and ensure everything runs smoothly on the event day.
Famous Locations in Austin
- Zilker Park
The rolling hills of Zilker Park are blanketed in wildflowers, offering a sea of colors wherever you look. Nature trails provide the perfect opportunity to explore all the park has to offer, from babbling brooks and charming footbridges to picturesque views. The park also contains several lakes, including a lake with water so pure and mild that it's used as a swimming hole all year. If you're visiting on the weekends, take advantage of free activities like outdoor movie nights and park performances. Zilker Park also hosts commercial events like music festivals and holiday light shows throughout the year. With so much to do, you could easily spend a whole day seeing everything this incredible park has to offer!
- Downtown Austin
Austin is a bustling city with plenty to see and do, whether you're looking up at the skyline or down at the sidewalk. The city is home to countless shops and restaurants, as well as malls, museums, art galleries, and performance theaters. If you're looking for fresh produce or artisan crafts, there's always the farmer's market. And don't forget Austin's many outdoor attractions, like the boardwalk, river kayaking, and hiking trails. Of course, no visit to Austin would be complete without a tour of the State Capitol building. However you choose to spend your time in Austin, you're sure to have a good time.
- Austin Nature and Science Center
The Austin Nature and Science Center is a great place to take the family. It has something for everyone, from the youngest child to the oldest adult. The wildlife center is a hit with the kids, who love to see the birds, bobcats, and other animals. Another beloved activity at the center is the Dino Pit where children can unearth their own treasures such as rocks, fossils, and gemstones. The center also offers a planetarium to teach kids about astronomy in a fun way. Overall, the Austin Nature and Science Center offers everything you could want in a place for kids to learn.