Queens, New York has a lot to offer for all types of celebrations. Its diversity creates an inviting and unique atmosphere that should not be overlooked when exploring the city for your next outdoor party. Queens' multiculturalism is reflected in its delicious cuisines, high-end boutiques, and vibrant art scene – all of which contribute to what makes the borough so special.
Outdoor events in Queens are often magnified with beautiful views of iconic buildings such as Citifield, the Unisphere, Louis Armstrong House Museum, and many more. With gorgeous parks and breathtaking waterfronts, celebrating an occasion indoors is almost unheard of! Whether it’s for an intimate garden party or a large-scale bash full of guests, Queens provides lots of benefits to any outdoor party event.
Outdoor Party Options in Queens
- Party Rentals
Party rentals are a great option if you want to add some fun and excitement to your outdoor party! You can find party rental companies that offer various services, from inflatable bounce houses and slides to carnival games and more.
Food and drink are necessary for any outdoor celebration, so why not let a professional catering company handle it all? They can create a menu that will please all your guests, whether you're looking for simple finger foods or a more formal sit-down meal.
What's a party without drinks? Make sure to have a wide variety so everyone can find something they like. Whether serving up icy cold beers or mixed cocktails, ensure plenty of ice on hand to keep everyone's drinks nice and chilled.
Turn your outdoor space into a party paradise with the help of some fun and festive decorations! There are endless ways to decorate your party, from streamers and balloons to flowers and lanterns. You can even find companies that specialize in creating unique, one-of-a-kind party backdrops - perfect for taking photos with your guests!
Outdoor Party Vendors in Queens
- All Occasions Party & Tent Rentals
For nearly 40 years, Party & Tent Rental has been delivering party rental services to the New York City area. They serve all of the metro region, including Hunter College, Medgar Evers College, Princeton University, and surrounding areas. Party & Tent Rental provides a variety of party rentals, including tables, flatware, chairs, chinaware, catering supplies, bedding sets, and glassware. They also provide party and wedding planners and complete catering services. Delivery and pick-up are included in all of their Party & Tent Rental services, and they take pleasure in being on time and professional. With their years of expertise and dedication to customer service, you can trust them to make your next event a success!
- Bamboo Ya
Bamboo Ya is a brand new restaurant in the Forest Hills community, and they are so excited to share their delicious food with their neighbors! They have a full bar with various wines, cocktails, and beers and a sushi bar with all your favorite rolls. Their dining area is open and airy, with long communal tables perfect for groups. They believe that good food is best enjoyed in good company, and they can't wait to welcome you into our Bamboo Ya family! They know you'll love their food as much as the company does.
- Queen Throne Chair Rentals & Party Decor
Queen Throne Chair Rentals and Party Decor company prides itself on carrying only the best merchandise and providing outstanding customer service. If you're not interested in buying, no problem! They offer rental services for all your needs. They've been working in the rental industry since 2016 & are happy to help you find what you're looking for - furniture, decor, or something else. Let them know how they can help! They offer drop-off and pick-up services in Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island & beyond.
Pros and Cons of Outdoor Parties in Queens
If you're considering throwing an outdoor party in Queens, there are some pros and cons to consider.
- Don't worry about the lack of space; there are lots of outdoor venues in Queens that can accommodate large gatherings.
- You're able to either bring in your own food and drinks or order from one of the area's many catering companies.
- Thanks to the area's international airports, public transportation, and hundreds of lodging options, it's easy for guests to access and stay in Queens.
- The weather can make or break an outdoor party depending on the season.
- There is a risk of rain or other inclement weather ruining the party.
- The key to a great party is having enough space for everyone to enjoy themselves without being too cramped.
Tips on How to Organize Outdoor Parties in Queens
Here are a few tips to help ensure your next outdoor party in Queens runs smoothly:
- Take some time in choosing the right location: You'll need a place that's large enough to fit all your guests comfortably. Also, take into account things like parking and public transportation access.
- Create a plan.: After you have selected the perfect spot, it is time to start thinking about the particulars. For example, who will be on your guest list? What food and drink options will you offer? And what kind of entertainment do you want to provide? Addressing these aspects in advance will help make sure that everything runs smoothly on party day.
- Be prepared for the weather: If you're expecting hot weather, be sure to have plenty of cold drinks on hand. And if there's even a chance of rain, have a backup plan for indoor activities ready so that everyone can still enjoy themselves.
Famous Locations in Queens
- PS 1 Contemporary Art Center
"Structures of Difference," PS 1's annual art exhibition for this year, displays work by artists globally that investigate how the structures we are constantly surrounded by influence our outlooks of others. The exhibits range from architectural studies to sculptures created from everyday items, all of which challenge us to reconsider how we perceive and interact with the world. PS 1 is still a fantastic location to spend an afternoon if you want something different from the usual experience. So, if you're in Long Island City this summer, make a point of going to "Structures of Difference" at PS 1.
- Roy Wilkins Park
St. Albans and South Jamaica come to life when Roy Wilkins Park hosts the Irie Jamboree every Labor Day Weekend! Set in Roy Wilkins Park, the event is perfect for people of all ages and cultures. We'll be drawing top Jamaican artists to provide an authentic experience. You'll see youngsters playing in the pool, adults walking fast, teens playing hoops, or adults exercising in the fitness center - there's something for everyone at Roy Wilkins Park!
- Noguchi Museum
If you're looking for a great small museum in NYC, the Noguchi Museum is one to consider. It's home to the art of Isamu Noguchi, who was a prominent modern art sculptor known for his stonework. The rock garden is one of the highlights – it's a precise corner that stands out amidst its ramshackle surroundings. The Noguchi Museum offers a unique insight into the artist's approach, with many original models and sketches on display. For fans of contemporary art, it's well worth a visit. The Noguchi Museum is worth seeing if you're looking for anything unusual in the area of museums.