About New York
In addition to its rich history and impressive architecture, New York is home to a wide variety of people from around the world. With a population estimated at over 8 million people living within an area of about 472 square miles, it's no wonder why New York is often referred to as “The City That Never Sleeps''!
Aside from being an incredibly exciting place to live and visit, the Big Apple has had considerable influence on popular culture since at least the mid-20th century. From movies and television shows that have been set here such as Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Friends, Spider-Man 2, and Saturday Night Live—to modern-day rappers like A$AP Rocky who are heavily inspired by NYC life—the city continues to inspire many creative minds today.
One lesser-known venture in the city is farm parties. These unique occasions bring a chance to get away from the busyness of everyday life while relishing in the peacefulness of the countryside. Parties held at farms or ranches offer plenty of activities from harvesting fruits and vegetables to petting animals. There may also be hayrides, fishing, and other outdoor pastimes depending on the location. These farms are frequently surrounded by greenery and rolling hills, so you can take in all nature has to offer while celebrating any affair.
Farm Party Options in New York
A DJ provides entertainment at a farm party by playing music, making announcements, and providing energy to the event. DJs typically bring their own sound equipment and can generate a custom playlist of music based on the theme or mood of the event.
- Decor Services
Decor services enliven any party by incorporating items such as table centerpieces, banners, balloons, backdrops, lanterns, and more. These vendors can also create custom displays that fit the theme or mood of the occasion. They can also maintain the decor throughout the affair to ensure that everything looks perfect.
A catering service will provide a variety of meal items such as appetizers, main courses, desserts, beverages, and more depending on your preferences. They will also arrange for all plates and utensils needed for serving as well as staff to assist with setup and cleanup.
- Limo Services
Limo services provide transportation to and from your farm party for you and your guests. This is especially helpful if you are hosting a large group or want to assure everyone arrives safely at your destination.
Farm Party Vendors in New York
- DJ Zeke Entertainment
With an impressive range of genres in his arsenal, including hip-hop and R&B, EDM, smooth jazz, salsa, house, reggae, soca, Afro beats, and more, Zeke is more than just a DJ. The expert's company provides DJ services, sound and lighting rentals, photo booths, MCs, and much more. And with an entrepreneurial spirit that matches his undeniable talent, this entertainer is sure to keep the party going all night long.
- Abigail Kirsch - Catering
Named after its founder, this New York City catering service has earned a sterling reputation for delivering delicious eats and top-notch service at a variety of venues throughout the metro area. This powerhouse caters to affairs at your preferred location, bringing decades of expertise to make your gathering one for the books. Their sample menus have everything from light and refreshing salads to savory Margherita pizza.
- Limo Service in NYC
From parties to proms, weddings to corporate occasions, Limo Service in NYC is your go-to ride for any gathering. With over 25 years in the industry and a network of over 10,000 travel agents worldwide, you can trust that you're in good hands. Not only do they dispense limousine service for all special events, but also provide point-to-point transfers and car and chauffeur services.
Pros and Cons of Farm Parties in New York
Farm parties in New York offer a unique experience for couples, families, and friends to enjoy the beauty of nature in a relaxed and inviting vibe. From rustic barns to lush fields, these spots provide plenty of opportunities for fun ventures like hay rides, bonfires, and sunset viewing.
- Unique pastimes: Enjoy games like cornhole or horseshoes as well as hayrides, bonfires, stargazing nights, or cookouts that you wouldn't be able to do elsewhere.
- Cost-effective: Such parties are generally cheaper than other types of affairs due to access to affordable rental rates on facilities and equipment.
- Personalization options: With farms as your venue of choice, you have more freedom when it comes to personalizing your event. Be creative with adornments and catering menu items while keeping your budget in check.
- Weather concerns: Since farm parties are often held outdoors, inclement weather can lead to cancellation or relocation problems if not properly planned for.
- Limited space for large groups: Some spots may not have enough acreage depending on the size of your guest list, so it’s essential to contemplate this before booking a venue.
- Insufficient staffing: As most farms don't have personnel on-site, it's crucial to bring in enough staff members such as security guards or cleaners, depending on the size and type of gathering you plan on having.
Tips on How to Organize Farm Parties in New York
To help make your party planning easier, here are some tips on how to organize a successful farm party in New York:
- Get original with decorations: Use natural elements like hay bales and wildflowers to give your venue an authentic farm feel. Mason jars filled with colorful flowers also make great centerpieces or can be used as table décor. If you’re really feeling ambitious, you can even create rustic signs and banners to hang around the venue with inspiring messages or funny sayings related to farming culture!
- Provide a variety of food options: It’s always a nice touch when you include locally sourced ingredients in your menu choices. Find out which farms grow specific fruits and vegetables or raise different types of livestock, so you can serve up dishes that are fresh from the source! You may also want to include traditional picnic items like sandwiches and homemade pies or other treats for guests who might have more simple tastes in mind.
- Don’t forget about entertainment: If you’re hosting during the summer months, take advantage of outdoor spaces by setting up outdoor games like horseshoes or badminton. For those chilly fall days, bring treats indoors with activities like apple bobbing or pumpkin carving contests! Live music is also a great way to get people excited about your affair—local bands who specialize in folk music tend to be particularly fitting for these occasions!
Famous Locations in New York
- Private Passage
Nestled in the heart of New York City, Clinton Cove is the kind of park that puts the "spectacular" in "spectacular park." This oasis of greenery boasts all the amenities of a perfect picnic destination and so much more. The real crown jewel of the park, however, is none other than Private Passage, a giant wine bottle sculpture wittily designed by artist Malcolm Cochran. Like any good wine, this creation has aged well and only gets better with time. Measuring a whopping 30 feet long, the sculpture is made up of bronze and zinc and features an interior stateroom from the Queen Mary ocean liner. Cochran took things one step further with this piece, incorporating sheet metal materials to create a monochromatic feel for visitors to appreciate.
- The Frick Madison
The Frick Collection has temporarily taken up residence at The Frick Madison, a Brutalist building that couldn't be more different from its previous Gilded Age mansion. Although the facade may appear plain, the institution officials have stated that altering the environment has allowed for greater emphasis on individual pieces, which was not achievable in the ornate mansion. With fewer distractions competing for your attention, you might just find yourself noticing small details in the artwork that you didn't before. So if you're a fan of art that rewards close observation, come pay a visit there.
- Upper East Side (Manhattan)
This neighborhood is the Yoda of refined elegance: it may not be as vivacious as its counterpart on the West Side, but it compensates by being the home to some of the most prestigious museums in the town. As far as demographics go, it's got a more senior audience, despite being in proximity to some of the top universities. You can have a peaceful stroll through this neighborhood filled with brownstones and experience a sense of tranquility that's hard to come by in other parts of the city. For those who like to feed their cultural hunger, the Guggenheim, Smithsonian, and Frick Collection can all be found here.