Top Wedding Reception venues
Looking for a unique Wedding Reception venue? Save money by booking directly with local hosts
Situated in Topanga, CA sits this 1 acre rustic cottage with outdoor bathing tubs, two yurts, A stand alone guests house and log cabin all set in beautiful gardens. The main house features a newer kitchen with plenty of space for dining indoor and French doors that lead to outdoor dining, whilst the living room has hardwood floors, hard wood burning fireplace that windows capture tree tops and garden views. The master bedroom, with its romantic claw foot tub, is the perfect retreat that has French doors that open to the garden views. Numerous doors create great entertainment flows to decks, gardens and outdoor lawns all combining To place this jewel box of a home in the middle of lush, peaceful setting. The substantial self contained guest studio features a sleeping loft, beautiful views and privacy from the main house
With two claw foot, side by side, outdoor bath tubs. The property also features two yurts. With garden and Mountain View’s.
Minimum Rate that is shown is based on a non-commercial still shoot with a crew/talent size of 15 or less @ a 10 hour day.
Please inquire for rates on larger impact jobs and include and the following details about your project.
What The Shoot is For:
Miscellaneous Info Relevant to Your Project:
This film-friendly location is an architectural gem. Built in the 1930s on a property of several acres, it features lush gardens, stunning mountain views, and an incredible natural ambience that truly set its apart.
The location includes:
• A SPECTACULAR GREAT ROOM - 16-foot high ceiling, grand staircase, and original hardwood maple floors.
• THREE BEDROOMS - The Siren Room, Mountain Room, and Tower Room.
• 3 ENSUITE BATHROOMS, beautifully appointed.
• BIG FIREPLACE in the Great Room to warm the soul.
• EXTERIORS - Patios, Verandas, Balconies, and Decks.
• BIG CLASSIC SWIMMING POOL - 20’ X 40’, three to eight feet deep with deep azure bottom.
• OFF-STREET PARKING - If you visit, please park inside the front gate, not on the neighborhood streets.
• PHOTOGENIC - A favorite location with photographers and filmmakers for decades.
Hear nothing but nature.
Seek refuge in this property location. Paradise Lodge Topanga is a 2 acre compound featuring a pool residence with 3 bedrooms, and 3.5 bathrooms. The design has a relaxed feeling across a gently sloping landscape. Twelve minutes to the beach and 12 minutes to abundant amenities in the San Fernando Valley. Structures showcase corrugated steel, natural colored wood grains, polished concrete and wood plank floors, complimented by board form concrete and visible steel ‘I’ beams throughout.
The Santa Monica Mountains have been a favorite location of film & production houses and motion picture studios. Topanga Paradise Lodge can accommodate your needs. Base camp at the Topanga Community Center (less than a mile) or other spots nearby offer large truck parking and other amenities.
The home and yard are ideal for photoshoots and filming.
The two bedroom, two bath house with large living room and fireplace is full of dreamcatchers and crystals, with clean, modern furnishings. The home offers access to Topanga State Park right from the back yard. There is a grassy front yard with a fountain, and little nooks to escape to. It is right off of Topanga Canyon Blvd, with ample parking. Topanga Living Cafe is nearby, and Topanga Table is just down the street, and downtown Topanga is about five minutes away. The house can comfortably seat 15 people, and standing room allows for more people.
Whether its for photoshoots or hosting private dinners - this large house is very versatile in how it can be used.
It is 3 floors modern house powered by sun panels (build in 2014).
- Main Floor: Open modern bright with lots of windows. A wood kitchen with 3 ovens, large stove and 2 dishwashers and 2 sinks. A comfortable cozy living room is attached to the kitchen with a fireplace. The living room has large sliding glass doors that can be opened to the outside garden so being inside feels like being outside. Leading to the eating area wall with spectacular ocean views and a seating area to read and recline. The garage is also on this floor.
- Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a separate laundry room with a washer and dryer. The master has a king bed, spectacular ocean views as well with a separate steam sauna double shower and a bath tub with the best sunset view in the house and a walk-in closet. The second bedroom has also a king sized bed with an ensuite bathroom with combined shower and bath. The last bedroom has currently a comfortable sleeping couch that folds out into two single beds with a beautiful bathroom with combined shower/bubble bath attached to the room.
- Downstairs you find the office/4th bedroom. The room has a large standing desk which can be moved to the side to fold out the couch into 2 single beds to sleep on. It has an attached bathroom with combined shower/bath. The large room attached is like a second living room with a small kitchenette attached with a sink and dishwasher - the room currently has a table and couch to sit on with large glass doors opening up to the outside.
-Outside: Large garden with seating area, dining table, fire place with additional seating plus huge grass area to play/walk around in and enjoy the beautiful views of the canyon and ocean. There is an outside kitchen with a grill, sink and dishwasher.
Note: the house is 80% furnished - we are still adding more beautiful furniture to it the next couple of month, so it might look even better then pictures when you arrive.
Not all tv's in the house currently are connected. The TV in the living room and master bedroom currently do not have cable tv, but apple tv to connect to Netflix, Hulu, etc. Throughout the house you can connect to the speaker system to play music.
Photo shoot ready! Huge open floor plan and spacious interior. Find three different levels of outdoor living, lounging, dining , entertaining areas in the beautifully landscaped yard. Plenty of areas and angles to shoot a large variety of fashion looks or scenarios throughout indoor and outdoor of this beautifully landscaped yet rustic/mid-century property. Property includes designer mid century furniture, copy write free art (interchangeable to your liking) many modern and vintage textiles, throws , props, etc. to style and add color/texture to your liking. Enjoy the large outdoor king size teak bed and other multiple photogenic outdoor teak lounge chairs and rustic dining areas. There is a staging area equipped for all your wardrobe equipment needs (racks, hangers, steamer etc) available upon request. This home is set up intentionally for comfort and easy efficient photo shoots. There are stunning views throughout. The house and yard get incredible natural light all throughout the day. Enjoy SONOS and wifi while shooting. Home and yard stylishly decorated by a professional stylist (whom resides in the home). Feel free to reach out with any questions or special requests!