Tacoma is a city in Washington with a population of just over 200,000. The city is situated on Puget Sound and houses fascinating tourist destinations, including the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium and the Museum of Glass. Tacoma also has several beautiful spots that double as stunning locations for photo shoots.
This city has a unique industrial feel that can add an edgy vibe to your photos, from rustic warehouses to historic buildings. Several hidden gems, such as the Korean War Veterans Memorial Park, provide a unique backdrop for your photos.
The town is excellent for professionals, such as business owners, writers, filmmakers, photographers, and musicians to work or live. Tacoma has many beautiful parks, historic buildings, and natural settings, providing stunning photoshoot backdrops.
Photo Shoot Options in Tacoma
Due to the cultural diversity, you will find diverse restaurants in Tacoma that offer event catering services. They can deliver custom menus for all occasions, including photo shoot projects.
Consider the presence of technology companies in a venue before booking it for your photo shoot. Tacoma is home to many technology companies that offer unique and quality services to enhance creative projects.
- Equipment Rentals
A photoshoot requires diverse equipment, from cameras and lenses to lighting and tripods. Equipment rental companies in Tacoma supply extensive catalogs of photography gear.
Photo Shoot Vendors in Tacoma
- Gallucci’s Catering
Gallucci’s Catering is a beverage and food company in Tacoma. The company was created in 2020 to provide quality catering services at social and corporate events. It has a diverse buffet menu.
Tred is a tech company that connects buyers with car sellers. The company was created in 2011. It uses modern technology and reliable payment options. The personal details of clients are protected and secured.
- Brook Furniture Rentals
Brook Furniture Rentals has been operating for 40 years. It has stayed relevant throughout this period because it offers satisfying services. Clients usually have seven days to return any borrowed furniture.
Pros and Cons of Photo Shoots in Tacoma
When it comes to selecting the ideal photoshoot location for your upcoming shoot in Tacoma, there is no shortage of options! As each space offers a unique backdrop and is aesthetically suited to different photography styles, weigh both the pros and cons.
- The mild climate of the Pacific Northwest means that photographers can take advantage of natural light year-round in this area.
- Tacoma also has a booming art scene with numerous galleries, studios, and other venues available to rent for private shoots. This allows photographers to create sets in settings without having to travel too far away.
- Renting equipment is also easy, with several rental shops offering quality gear for reasonable rates.
- On the downside, Tacoma is often very rainy throughout the winter months, making outdoor shooting difficult.
- Some unsafe areas should be avoided due to their high crime rates or lack of amenities nearby.
- Traffic congestion can also pose a problem during peak hours, with only a few main roads connecting different parts of town.
Tips on How to Organize Photo Shoots in Tacoma
When setting out for a photo shoot in Tacoma, be prepared and organized in terms of location. Here are some tips to help you make sure your location is ready and set up for a successful photo shoot.
- Research the area: Before selecting a specific spot or area, take some time to research the best locations around Tacoma that would be suitable for your particular shoot. This will save time and energy before arriving on site.
- Get all permits: If your chosen spot requires a permit or permission from authorities, obtain those ahead of time so you can stay within legal limits and not face any issues during your shoot.
- Bring props and accessories: To ensure that each photo looks great and has its unique feel, bring props and accessories such as blankets, furniture pieces, and colorful scarves. These will add texture and dimension to each shot.
- Scout out the best lighting: Natural lighting is always best when shooting photos outdoors, but depending on the desired aesthetic, scouting out areas where shadows may enhance certain shots can result in beautiful outcomes as well.
- Bring extra batteries: Bring more than enough batteries for all devices being used during the shoot just in case things take longer than expected.
- Prepare snacks/drinks beforehand: Taking breaks throughout shoots is necessary, so having some snacks/drinks handy ensures everyone stays energized and focused on getting their job done!
Famous Locations in Tacoma
- Foss Waterway Seaport
The Foss Waterway Seaport is located in the northern part of the city. It lies close to the Thea Foss Waterway and the Balfour Dock Building. It is one of the oldest facilities in the town. The facility played a vital role in the early development of the city. The museum displays cultural elements, photography, and historical artifacts.
- Mount Rainier National Park
According to research, Mount Rainier is the largest mountain in Washington. Visitors can get to the top of the hill with a 70-mile scenic drive. The park contains several memorable places, such as the Cougar Rock Campground and the Longmire Historic District. The Mount Rainier National Park is great for enjoying various outdoor activities.
- Point Defiance Park
Point Defiance Park is one of the most attractive places in the city. It extends into Puget Sound. The park is a 760-acre facility with features similar to the Washington Park in Portland and the Seattle Discovery Park. The Port Defiance Zoo and Aquarium also lie in the park. The facility has a hiking trail and a space to host events.