About St. Louis
St. Louis is a vibrant and culturally rich city with numerous attractions for visitors of all ages. From the iconic Gateway Arch to the one-of-a-kind Saint Louis Zoo, there’s no shortage of things to do and see while you’re in town.
Nestled in the midwestern part of the country, St. Louis boasts sophisticated yet budget-friendly sightseeing opportunities and exhibits in a friendly and diverse atmosphere. If you love music, hear authentic St. Louis blues from a local band at one of the performance or music venues in the city.
When it comes to event planning, St. Louis has a wide selection of venues for all occasions, from sleek and modern loft apartments to historic mansions that boast traditional architecture. Whether you are looking for a grand venue or an intimate setting for more private gatherings, the city has plenty of options that will add a special touch to your event.
For weddings, corporate retreats, or private parties, numerous event spaces in St. Louis won’t disappoint you. They can cater to any budget, style, or preference, so you’re sure to pick one for an unforgettable celebration.
Event Options in St. Louis
- Equipment Rental
Renting equipment from a local event rental company can be a good option if you're unfamiliar with the area and need help finding event spaces in St. Louis. Reputable companies have likely worked with numerous clients, so they know the different event venues often used by businesses and individuals. You can get a recommendation, as they know what specific items are needed for the location, from chairs and tables to stages, linens, and tents.
Hiring a photographer is crucial for any event, whether it’s a conference, a corporate gathering, a birthday, or a reunion. It allows you to access high-quality photos, which you can share with your friends or on social media. Be sure to ask about their photography experience if you want to work with a photographer in St. Louis. You’ll want an expert who has experience in capturing great shots of people in motion and can work in a fast-paced environment.
There’s no denying that music can entertain and unite people. Not all of the guests at your event know one another, so having music can lighten the mood and liven up the space. It’s also an excellent icebreaker. You can hire a local band, a DJ, or a pianist in St. Louis, depending on the theme or type of atmosphere you want to create.
- Event Coordinator
Professional event coordinators are essential assets that could mean the difference between an ordinary celebration and an impactful gathering. They will handle every detail from start to finish, ensuring your event goes off without a hitch. They keep in touch with your vendors and coordinate with you to help transform your creative vision into reality.
Event Vendors in St. Louis
- Universal Rentals
Universal Rentals is your source for complete event rentals in St. Louis, with over 40 years of industry experience. They offer a wide range of event rentals, including canopy tents, tables, and chairs. Their experienced team will work with you to ensure that your guests are comfortable and have everything they need for a successful event. Whether you are planning a wedding, corporate outing, or any other event, they will ensure it is a success!
- Jason Wilson Photography
Jason Wilson Photography was initially established to capture the entertainment scene in St. Louis. It eventually expanded into other areas of photography, offering premier services for every occasion. It takes pride in its combined 30 years of experience to ensure every special moment in your event is captured and immortalized through quality photos.
- Brittney and the Bombers
Establish the energy in your event location in St. Louis with Brittney and the Bombers. If you are a rock, pop, and alternative music fan, this company might be the right choice for your venue. They can play all kinds of music for your special occasion, whether it’s an intimate gathering or a large-scale party. Their goal is to provide an enjoyable musical experience for everyone involved.
Pros and Cons of Events in St. Louis
Having an event in St. Louis can be incredibly exciting and fun, but it’s not without disadvantages. It's important to consider all the pros and cons of any event space before making a final decision.
- Many event spaces in St. Louis offer customizable options that allow you to tailor the space exactly to your needs.
- With so many options available, it’s easy to find an event space that fits within your budget range. Event spaces also often offer discounts for large groups or special occasions, which helps keep costs down even more!
- From traditional ballrooms to outdoor patios and rooftops, there are countless event spaces in St. Louis designed for all events, such as birthdays, weddings, business meetings, and corporate functions.
- Thanks to its central location in the Midwest, St. Louis is easily accessible by car or plane, making it perfect for guests traveling from out of town.
- Depending on the venue size, noise levels can become relatively high. It could make conversation between guests difficult if they are seated too far apart from one another.
- Due to limited street parking availability around some popular venues, finding a spot can be tricky, especially during peak times or busy seasons.
- Since many people travel from out-of-town for events held at local venues, they may lack familiarity with the area, making it difficult for them to find directions or other nearby attractions if needed!
- Most venues require events to end at specific hours. Also, some places have strict policies about noise levels after dark, which could lead to additional fees if not followed correctly.
Tips on How to Organize Events in St. Louis
Organizing an event space in St. Louis can be a daunting task. But with the proper planning and organization, it can be done with ease! Here are some valuable tips on how to organize event spaces in St. Louis for maximum efficiency and success:
- Research the venue: Planning an event requires you to know more than just the size of the venue. Familiarize yourself with the place's layout to help you maximize the space.
- Decide on décor: Once you’ve selected your venue, plan for décor that will bring your vision to life. If possible, get a tour of the venue beforehand so you can get a better sense of what decorations might look like when set up in that area.
- Choose furniture wisely: Choosing furniture that fits comfortably with your décor is important for creating ambiance and ensuring everyone is comfortable during the event.
- Utilize technology: Consider advanced technology such as mood lighting or automated sound systems if they complement your theme. They can help create an unforgettable experience for all attendees at the event space in St. Louis.
- Allow extra time for setup: Leave plenty of time to set up all components related to your event, from tables and chairs to lighting and audiovisual equipment. You want everything to be ready before guests arrive to reduce stressful situations when things don’t go as planned!
Famous Locations in St. Louis
Nestled in downtown St. Louis, Citygarden is a great place to admire modern and contemporary art and enjoy the beauty of native plants and rain gardens. It’s an urban oasis featuring idyllic gardens, fountains, and free interactive art suitable for all ages. Follow the paved, winding paths, and you’ll find several sculptures perched on the rain gardens, the children’s spray plaza, expansive lawns, and more.
- The Saint Louis Zoo
If you're looking for a great, free attraction in St. Louis, the Zoo is definitely worth checking out! The area is home to a wide range of animals, from the fuzzy to the flying and even the aquatic. The Endangered Wolf Center is a must-see attraction at the zoo, dedicated to preserving and protecting wolves and other wild canid species. Visitors can join the tours and events that will let them get up close and personal with these amazing animals.
- St. Louis Aquarium
The St. Louis Aquarium is another must-see attraction in the city for families. It allows visitors to dive deep into the magical marine world through interactive programs and animal encounters. Visitors are welcome to explore aquatic life and see animals from the river to the ocean. Its largest and most famous attraction is the Shark Canyon, where you can see sharks up close and marvel at the rays swimming in a massive 250,000-gallon environment.