Situated in the Inland Empire of Southern California, Riverside is a dynamic city with many features that make it an attractive location for production. With a population of over 300,000 people, the area offers a wide variety of affordable housing options and access to abundant resources. Notable attractions include the Mission Inn Hotel & Spa, Moorten Botanical Garden and Museum, and the Sherman Indian Museum.
The city's central location makes transportation easy, with nearby highways connecting the region to Los Angeles, San Diego, and even Mexico. Also, Riverside boasts some of the best production spaces in California with plenty of studio space available for rentals.
There are numerous sound stages and backlot locations suited for film shoots as well as cutting-edge event spaces that can be customized to suit any budget. All this makes Riverside an ideal choice for media projects both large and small.
Production Options in Riverside
- Makeup and Hairstylists
You will find many different vendors that can provide makeup and hair services. It is crucial to find one who is experienced with working on a set and who knows how to create a look that will last all day.
- Photography and Videography
A variety of vendors can also provide Photography & Videography. Still, it is vital to find a team with experience shooting in controlled environments who knows how to capture the essence of your production.
Catering is another essential service for any production. You need to keep the cast and crew well-fed while they are there so they don’t end up “hangry.” Riverside has many catering companies and restaurants that cater.
Production Vendors in Riverside
- The Parlour by Dollhouse
The Parlour takes pride in its highly skilled team of hair artists. Their stylists have been featured in some of the most prominent magazines, marketing campaigns, and fashion shows, so you know you're in good hands! They understand that everyone's time is valuable, so their prices are structured according to a level system. This way, you can choose the service provider whose time best fits your needs and budget. They guarantee you will walk out of their salon feeling confident and fabulous!
Mike Federis (also known as Mikey) is a Southern California-based photographer specializing in weddings and engagement shoots. You may find him hiking to the top of one of the region's tallest mountains when he's not behind the camera. Federis is passionate about photography and loves capturing couples' most precious moments. He strives to connect with his clients personally and aims to make every wedding an extraordinary event. If you're in love and up for an adventure, Federis is your photographer.
- McGrath's Catering
You're in good hands with McGrath's. When you entrust your event to them, you're dealing with professionals passionate about offering a once-in-a-lifetime experience. They can assist you with many elements of planning your event, including ordering rental supplies and hiring wait staff. They can assist you in the early stages of planning and fine-tuning minute but essential elements. They aim to not only pay attention to their clients individually but also to form close friendships that will endure for years. This demonstrates their genuine love for food and the customers, which is what they are passionate about.
Pros and Cons of Productions in Riverside
Riverside is an exciting and successful hub for productions. From state-of-the-art film studios to sound stages and animation, there's no shortage of opportunities for those interested in a career in the borough. However, this popularity comes with both pros and cons related to production spaces in Riverside.
- Riverside provides easy access to highways that connect to Los Angeles, San Diego, and Mexico.
- The city has plenty of studio spaces for rent that can be utilized for filming any kind of production.
- Riverside has many sound stages and backlot locations suitable for film shoots, as well as cutting-edge event spaces that can be customized to fit any budget.
- You'll have makeup and hair services, photography and videography, equipment rental, and catering vendors at your fingertips.
- The cost of renting a studio or event space can be high in certain parts of the city.
- Availability of sound stages and backlot locations may be limited during peak season.
- Due to the heat in Riverside, some locations may not be suitable for shooting during the hot summer months.
- Traffic can be a problem due to its proximity to Los Angeles.
Tips on How to Organize Productions in Riverside
If you are looking to make the workspace in Riverside more efficient and organized, there are a few tips that can make all the difference:
- Assess your space: Start by assessing your current production space and imagining how it could be improved.
- Be organized: Implement good storage habits, such as keeping tools, materials, and accessories in designated areas, where they will be easy to find when needed.
- Remember to declutter regularly: Remove unnecessary items or those whose purpose may be unclear, making room for more useful things.
- Use tech: Take advantage of technology, like tracking systems and digital labels, to upgrade your inventory and easily track what's essential.
- Make offices: Finally, consider erecting walls between equipment or sections of the space if possible to divide the area into workable chunks and avoid conflicts between different activities.
Famous Locations in Riverside
- California Citrus State Historic Park
The citrus industry rapidly developed in Southern California due to the perfect climate and nutrient-rich soil. It all began in 1873 when the USDA sent two tiny navel orange trees to Eliza Tibbets, a Riverside resident. Locals immediately discovered the delicious fruit cultivated in Eliza Tibbets' garden, with groves of lemons, oranges, and grapefruits springing up all over California. A free guided tour of the California Citrus State Historical Park includes freshly harvested California oranges samples. The park also has an amphitheater and picnic areas available for hire by organizations at a modest rate. You may enjoy freshly squeezed orange juice while learning about the state's rich history at Californi Citrus State Historic Park.
- Mission Inn Museum
The Mission Inn Museum, located in the historic mission Inn Hotel, is full of interesting artifacts from Frank Miller's life - making it a must-see for anyone interested in Riverside history or learning more about this significant figure. The Mission Inn Museum provides a captivating look at Riverside's history through actual events, exhibits on Frank Miller's life, and artifacts from the growing citrus industry in California. Through the tour, visitors can learn about how Riverside has changed over time and get insights into the mind of one of its most formative citizens.
- The University of California Riverside Botanic Gardens
The University of California, Riverside's Botanic Gardens is a must-see for plant enthusiasts of all ages. With over 300 distinct species from across the world, the gardens offer something to appeal to everyone. The horticultural collections are particularly lovely, including rose gardens and herb gardens that will transport you to another planet. The Botanic Gardens at UC Riverside are open to the public and free of charge, though donations are appreciated to help with upkeep. With stunning gardens and a peaceful atmosphere, this is an ideal spot for botany enthusiasts or anyone who wants to spend some time in nature.